Majestic. New Gers song

WBD

Official Ticketer
Written by @robandmundt This is only a sound check video recording

Many promised to record this and let me down, this guy came through. He is so talented. Quality and Majestic

There's a sight for sore eyes
Down Edmiston Drive
It's majestic
It must be the most beautiful thing
That I ever have seen
When the teddy bears score
And the Ibrox crowd roar
It's electric
And I don't have to tell you
The 'Gers are the world's greatest team

Raise the blue flag up high
Derry's walls is our cry
No surrender
With the badge on my breast I'll sing Simply the Best
RFC
See the name of Bill Struth on the stadium roof shining proudly
Together we stand the best in the land
Follow on

The red brick facade where dreams they are made is iconic.
Such an honour it is to climb those marble stairs
Greig, Miller, Brand, Jardine, Durrant weaved their magic
You can search the world over you'll find nothing compares.

Last edited:
I would love this guy to take on a lot more of the suggestions we get for Rangers songs. He has so much vocal and musical talent

I couldn't make out what the singer was saying and the musical background seemed to be out of proportion to the singer's voice in its acoustic input and the entire thing was thus less than perhaps it might have been.
But I am no expert.
As I stated. it was a sound check before he performed. I had to screen record as it was a Facebook message. It's just to let people hear the song, it's not to be released to the chsrts

Fair do's.
I look forward to the more polished version.
Words.....

There's a sight for sore eyes
Down Edmiston Drive
It's majestic
It must be the most beautiful thing
That I ever have seen
When the teddy bears score
And the Ibrox crowd roar
It's electric
And I don't have to tell you
The 'Gers are the world's greatest team

Raise the blue flag up high
Derry's walls is our cry
No surrender
With the badge on my breast I'll sing Simply the Best
RFC
See the name of Bill Struth on the stadium roof shining proudly
Together we stand the best in the land
Follow on

The red brick facade where dreams they are made is iconic.
Such an honour it is to climb those marble stairs
Greig, Miller, Brand, Jardine, Durrant weaved their magic
You can search the world over you'll find nothing compares.

Love the the lyrics and tune but it needs a catchy chorus belween the verses. It’s like a nice meal that just needs seasoning to make it a great feast.
Usually I slaughter new song suggestions but not this one. Well done to all involved.

Good work there. I like it.

And good on you @WBD for all your enthusiasm and hard work.
My enthusiasm for Gers songs will never fade.

Ironically the song I think that may have started my love for Gers songs is A trip to Ibrox, which UB have amazingly brought back (different words, mine are right, :) ) but fair play to the guys ,(the majority of who must despise me :D. for my criticism of them)

Stephen played the song live for the 1st time tonight in an English Gers supporters club tonight and the response was awesome Embrace this song bears

Last edited:
It might be a good song for a club/pub singalong but it’s never going to catch on at games . There’s no chorus or repetition which is a basic must for any football chant to take off inside grounds .
Hard to argue with this. Still it's a great song and robandmundt should be proud. It's brilliant to hear someone record words you have written to a song.

Get it on iTunes make some money
This is only from a soundcheck. There is not studio version of it.... Yet. But I don't think there is money to be made from Gers songs. Dean Chalmers tried it with song for Stevie G.

Also, the purpose of this is just to get more decent songs out there. Although the musicians should be paid for their time IMHO.

Fine for functions etc but will never be one for belting out at games, no catchy “hook” and lyrics too complex and slow for a rendition from the stands

Decent song though
I kind of agree with you, although some songs can be adapted by changing they way the song is sung. Could it be used as a 'sing along' if played on matchday?

Today is the first I managed to listen to this on my Macbook, this is a winner all day long, WBD, can you ask the guy to put a recorded version on Youtube, or i'd happily pay via iTunes etc.

Today is the first I managed to listen to this on my Macbook, this is a winner all day long, WBD, can you ask the guy to put a recorded version on Youtube, or i'd happily pay via iTunes etc.
He is in the process of recording the vocals. Hopefully sometime this week. Glad you like it :)

It's one of the very few song suggestions not to be overly criticised. I'm sure there are plenty who don't like it, but that's music.

I'm hoping this guy is available for more new songs. He fell in love with this one the moment he heard it. With the 150 anniversary coming up, a Commentator CD with new and existing songs would be ideal. So I feel this is one artist who has proved he has what it takes.

Wax Fang, who wrote the original of this are now aware of our version and they approve :D

Back