Make Hagi Captain

Mani

Cus D'Amato said that boxing was 75% mental and emotional and 25% physical. He said if a boxer was 100% physically perfect but weak mentality a guy who was weaker physically but stronger mentality would beat him every time. He trained all his fighters to understand fear, that is to say in moments of intense pressure we must use fear as an energy to feed us and not allow ourselves to be controlled by it.

I think the philosophy of Cus is equally true of any sport and indeed of life. I think there are some people when confronted with that fear, that pressure, rise to the occasion and use it to lift them to their highest and greatest potential. These are the special ones that rise to the top because they are able to not only function effectively under high pressure but to feed off it and become better because of it.

Barry Ferguson as a kid had this. This is why Dick made him captain. I believe that Hagi has it it too. He refuses to wilt and makes no excuses to lose. He has an immense drive, a desire to win, he has this spark that becomes a roaringly blaze as Cus put it, to rise to the occasion and he can be an example to all around him. He is hungry and he has massive talent.

Watch that Braga match again, you telling me that wasn't a captains performance? I think so and I think he should be made captain. I think it would be a master stroke by SG to make him captain. Let's be honest for two years in a row it hasn't worked with Tav as captain and if rumours from January were true he was very close to leaving anyway. So let's start anew. A new captain.

I'll get stick I know but I've big broad shoulders and thick skin I can take it :cool:

Btw while I'm here. We should sell Glen Kamara and buy Paddy McNair and Lovro Majer.

I'll go back to my beer now :))

Cheers.

I'm in here first agreeing with you, he was a leader for Romania U21, and he was a leader on the European stage for us. He has huge baws, he grabs the game and his team mates by the scruff of the neck and gets the job done.
Great player - Hagi 10 will become a fans favourite.

I'm in here first agreeing with you, he was a leader for Romania U21, and he was a leader on the European stage for us. He has huge baws, he grabs the game and his team mates by the scruff of the neck and gets the job done.
Great player - Hagi 10 will become a fans favourite.
100% mate he has it. Can see it in him it's special. He'll be a great signing.

Not for me. Next seaso huge pressure on team to stop the fictional 10.
The press will go after him and for me it will affect him.
Let him play free of that pressure and he can be a future captain.
All about opinons and thats mine
He wants the pressure though. He doesn't want to hide. That's my point. It worked with Barry at his age and I think Hagi is made of the same stuff.

%^*& what the media and the rest say.

I just really worry about the hammer throwers. We just don't see it stamped out early in games, early enough.

They get 3 or 4 shots on our players before a word is had.

Never wanted a player to succeed more.

Loved his dad and the Romania team from that era.

Followed them all the tournaments around that time, obviously from the couch.

But what happens when we’re playing about the half of domestic away games he didn’t turn up for ?
He didn't turn up largely because he was still finding his feet and was being played out of position.

Give him a pre season and play him through middle, he won't turn up every week he's still young and learning but he's special mate. Making him captain would make him better.

Please no. Please. We need a captain who has heart. Doesn't need to be the greatest player but must be fearless.

Are you saying Hagi doesn’t have heart?

I’m definitely open to it. We certainly need a change there’s no doubt of that.

He seems to be a natural leader.

He didn't turn up largely because he was still finding his feet and was being played out of position.

Give him a pre season and play him through middle, he won't turn up every week he's still young and learning but he's special mate. Making him captain would make him better.
You’re basing that on literally nothing.

This is just another in a long case of certain FF posters players who’ve shown talent in flashes and had a few good moments suddenly thinking they’re world beaters.

Reading about Hagi these days is deja vu thinking back to the Kent stuff because of a couple of good games against Lustig who’s a cripple.

You’ll be the first on here crying about Hagi when he gets in a rut of form.

Armbands have to be earned, not gifted.

Maybe one day, but it isn't now.
Terry Butcher was appointed captain not long after joining us,I'm not saying Hagi should be appointed captain but Butcher hardly earned the captaincy.

If he is a proper captain, he doesn't need the armband to lead.

We get far too hung up on that. Leaders lead regardless of a bit of cloth.

Agree with this 100%. We need every player to stand up and take responsibility and show leadership. That's how you might get lucky enough to be asked to be captain of Rangers.

He wants the pressure though. He doesn't want to hide. That's my point. It worked with Barry at his age and I think Hagi is made of the same stuff.

%^*& what the media and the rest say.
Does he want the pressure?
I agree about press but look at affect its had on Alfie. Disciplinary record was immense before coming to Scotland.

You’re basing that on literally nothing.

This is just another in a long case of certain FF posters players who’ve shown talent in flashes and had a few good moments suddenly thinking they’re world beaters.

Reading about Hagi these days is deja vu thinking back to the Kent stuff because of a couple of good games against Lustig who’s a cripple.

You’ll be the first on here crying about Hagi when he gets in a rut of form.
Chill out mate. No need to come at me like Rambo :)) :cool:

Ryan Jack would be my Captain every day of the week.
Genuinely believe he is the only one in our team that has the qualities to be captain.

He has that nasty side to him and desire to fight for every ball and backs up his team mates. Grafts and covers tav constantly in our system.

Honestly dont think there is another player in our team with those qualities.

Does he want the pressure?
I agree about press but look at affect its had on Alfie. Disciplinary record was immense before coming to Scotland.
I agree about Alfie mate. Yes he wants the pressure, after the shit show the club went through when he came he still coming isn't he. He wants it.

Genuinely believe he is the only one in our team that has the qualities to be captain.

He has that nasty side to him and desire to fight for every ball and backs up his team mates. Grafts and covers tav constantly in our system.

Honestly dont think there is another player in our team with those qualities.
I get your point mate but can Jacks body hack a full season?

Not for me.
Great potential but still learning his trade. Lets not over burden the lad, let him flourish in the team first.

I get your point mate but can Jacks body hack a full season?
He hasnt had much luck with injuries to be fair so its definitely a point of consideration picking a captain. Maybe that's the reason tav got it as he barely misses a minute nevermind a game.

The thing that sticks in my mind with Tav as captain is when we concede a pathetic goal or any goal he is just behind the play as the ball goes in and he throws his arms in the air and looks dejected. I never seen B.Ferguson doing that once, he would annihilate anyone who deserved it and its sadly lacking these days imo

I hope so too, because right now we don't have an out and out leader in the squad.

So true.

None of our current outfield players have the mentality to take us through such an important season. As a support we are notoriously difficult for giving our players a hard time. Giving what’s at stake next year we need a real leader of men.

Are you saying Hagi doesn’t have heart?

I’m definitely open to it. We certainly need a change there’s no doubt of that.

He seems to be a natural leader.
That's the mate - natural. It's in him it's that spiritual part of any sport. He has it. He has magic in him.

I don’t support tav having the armband taken off him. However I’ve said since he joined jacko should be our captain, then again being a captain is more than having an armband. The status of being the rangers captain is what jacko obviously wants, but I doubt he’s being less of a leader without it. To conclude, tav will be captain next season and rightfully so in my opinion of course.

Don't think that is a good call at all. For all his talent he is too young and comparatively inexperienced to command the necessary respect as captain.
Let him get on with his game without this added pressure.

Back