Make Hagi Captain

Aye Hagi looks like captain material....of course he does. it's not even certain he'll be a great signing if he gets here never mind captain....stay off the beer.....

TBH I’d rather have Hagi than Tav as captain. Not that that’s an endorsement.

Cus D'Amato said that boxing was 75% mental and emotional and 25% physical. He said if a boxer was 100% physically perfect but weak mentality a guy who was weaker physically but stronger mentality would beat him every time. He trained all his fighters to understand fear, that is to say in moments of intense pressure we must use fear as an energy to feed us and not allow ourselves to be controlled by it.

I think the philosophy of Cus is equally true of any sport and indeed of life. I think there are some people when confronted with that fear, that pressure, rise to the occasion and use it to lift them to their highest and greatest potential. These are the special ones that rise to the top because they are able to not only function effectively under high pressure but to feed off it and become better because of it.

Barry Ferguson as a kid had this. This is why Dick made him captain. I believe that Hagi has it it too. He refuses to wilt and makes no excuses to lose. He has an immense drive, a desire to win, he has this spark that becomes a roaringly blaze as Cus put it, to rise to the occasion and he can be an example to all around him. He is hungry and he has massive talent.

Watch that Braga match again, you telling me that wasn't a captains performance? I think so and I think he should be made captain. I think it would be a master stroke by SG to make him captain. Let's be honest for two years in a row it hasn't worked with Tav as captain and if rumours from January were true he was very close to leaving anyway. So let's start anew. A new captain.

I'll get stick I know but I've big broad shoulders and thick skin I can take it :cool:

Btw while I'm here. We should sell Glen Kamara and buy Paddy McNair and Lovro Majer.

I'll go back to my beer now :))

Cheers.
Mani, I find myself agreeing with you all day Brother :))
I passed the British Army paratrooper course when a lot of fitter and stronger guys than me failed so I get 100% get what you mean. I’ve said in previous threads that Tav hasn’t got the mental strength to be captain (and been chopped)
We need change and wee Hagi could be that legend in the making...

Mani, I find myself agreeing with you all day Brother :))
I passed the British Army paratrooper course when a lot of fitter and stronger guys than me failed so I get 100% get what you mean. I’ve said in previous threads that Tav hasn’t got the mental strength to be captain (and been chopped)
We need change and wee Hagi could be that legend in the making...
You get it bud, the same principles apply to the army.

No because he is the only one who behaves like a leader and never hides
St Johnstone away, Katic makes a mistake, leaves the ball in no mans land between McGregor and their striker, he stays rooted to his line allowing the striker to run onto it and score easily. Took no responsibility of the situation and hung Katic out to dry

McGregor isn't captain material in a million years, shouting at refs and having hissy fits at Barisic every game isnt being a leader, it's being immature.

It’s insane how much British football fans over-exaggerate the role of captain in 2020, I think the idea is now a little outdated.

We need more leaders all over the pitch, it really shouldn’t matter who has the armband.

I'd do love to see this, look what it did for Barry at a young age, made him grow into an even better player.

You have admit though it’s the most nonsensical post ever. A pass earned him the captaincy? Christ i think I preferred Raymond Domenech’s system of using astrology to pick his teams :D
I see a spark i feed it it's becomes a flame. I feed that flame and it becomes a fire. I feed that fire and it becomes a roaring blaze.

Cus D'Amato told a 12 year old Mike Tyson he would be world champion the minute he first walked through his door. Psychological football and boxing are similar. Footballers could learn a lot from Cus.

What is it about captain Tav that deserves such admiration?
He leads by example, he might be error prone from time to time but he never hides, he never turns down the chance to take responsibility of any situation and always looks to make things happen.

He gets the ball and he tries to be productive with it without fail, the players default to giving it to him when we are devoid of any other idea.

He is a leader, he just isn't the typical Scottish shouty type so people reject him.

I'm working on a thread...Hagi the new Kent? You can guarantee the same attitude towards Hagi as we've seen for Kent this season...if it doesn't happen automatically he'll be in the bin.

Where's the admiration when all you are doing is laughing at the notion Hagi would be better?

How well we done with Hagi in the team?

im not laughing at the notion. I was staring in my opinion I’d feel more confident with Hagi than Tav as captain. You were the one who laughed. I merely asked what are Tavs credentials that makes him a better option than Hagi.

If you have read the thread you will have saw I already stated Hagi is not the answer but between the two I’d be giving Hagi it. Tav has already proved he is not the man for the job.

I'm working on a thread...Hagi the new Kent? You can guarantee the same attitude towards Hagi as we've seen Kent this season...if it doesn't happen automatically he'll be in the bin.
Hagi will 100% get the same abuse that Kent is now at some point.

That's a devastating retort...you are on fire mate.

What's our win ration since Hagi arrived?

The thread was discussing Hagi as captain, you have came on and had a go at a couple of posters without even looking to discuss the topic. The same as Tavs I’d imagine.

im not laughing at the notion. I was staring in my opinion I’d feel more confident with Hagi than Tav as captain. You were the one who laughed. I merely asked what are Tavs credentials that makes him a better option than Hagi.

If you have read the thread you will have saw I already stated Hagi is not the answer but between the two I’d be giving Hagi it. Tav has already proved he is not the man for the job.

You better tell the manager then...you know that guy in your avatar...

He leads by example, he might be error prone from time to time but he never hides, he never turns down the chance to take responsibility of any situation and always looks to make things happen.

He gets the ball and he tries to be productive with it without fail, the players default to giving it to him when we are devoid of any other idea.

He is a leader, he just isn't the typical Scottish shouty type so people reject him.

He’s not a leader mate. The things you listed I would expect if any Rangers player.

We need a Scottish defender or mid as captain to influence referred. You know Greig, Gough Barry. And Jacks not good enough. Wish Naismith was ten years younger as there's nothing else out there. It has to be a Scot

He’s not a leader mate. The things you listed I would expect if any Rangers player.
Well we haven't gotten it from anyone else in god knows how long.

As I said, he is a leader, just not the stereotypical point and shout captain that's historically prevalent across British football

As I said, he is a leader, just not the stereotypical point and shout captain that's historically prevalent across British football

I think he is mentally weak mate and if that’s our leader what does it say about the rest of the squad.

I think the mantle has weighed him down and caused his performances to dip significantly. Let him concentrate on doing his job without the added responsibility and I think it would be for the benefit of him and the team.

Tav is not a captain because it doesn't make him better. He's a very good good right back. Big fan, but we need someone who will grow by being captain.

This thread is going off track slightly.

Only way to get it back on track is by posting pictures of Polsters wife!

It’s no for me , the kids 21 ffs that’s far too much pressure in his shoulders ! Tav has bottled it and he’s been here 5 years ffs

I think he is mentally weak mate and if that’s our leader what does it say about the rest of the squad.

I think the mantle has weighed him down and caused his performances to dip significantly. Let him concentrate on doing his job without the added responsibility and I think it would be for the benefit of him and the team.
He's not mentally weak, he's gone from seasons of humiliation against Celtic and in Europe to leading us to victory on both fronts, a mentally weak person doesn't do that.

You can offer criticism on him as a player but that's bordering on out of order

Tav is not a captain because it doesn't make him better. He's a very good good right back. Big fan, but we need someone who will grow by being captain.
Doesn't it? Last season was his best with us by far and it was his first full season with the armband.

I get that he's been up and down this season but that's to be expected in a 50+ game season when we can't even take him off for half an hour when we're 5-0 up

Doesn't it? Last season was his best with us by far and it was his first full season with the armband.

I get that he's been up and down this season but that's to be expected in a 50+ game season when we can't even take him off for half an hour when we're 5-0 up
Tav was once happy with a draw away to aberdeen. Rangers captains don't think that way. I like him as a player. For the past 2 years things have fell apart. We need a change of energy and one not so weighted by our recent past.

You say you like radical thinking. Well Hagi being captain is that.

I can see where you’re coming from OP. However I wouldn’t be making him club captain, to quote Gerrard I’d have him as “an unofficial captain” in the way the Gerrard had said of Halliday.

Ianis showed that night against Braga that when the going gets tough he’ll puff out his chest and take control. He’s going to do just fine at Rangers, I’m sure of it the boy is special

Back