Making Scottish football more watchable on TV

I think ticketing should be looked at for clubs outwith old firm. Maybe they should be filling up the empty seats for free? For example, I live about a 10 minute walk from Brunton Park, Carlisle Utd's ground. I have very little interest in going to watching them play and neither does my son. If he was given 2 free tickets via his school (or youth club etc.) we would probably use them and might enjoy it enough to go back again a few times a season. Extra revenue and perhaps a few life long fans are created.

For me grass pitches and summer football.

Would entice a TV audience from down south as well and other countries during their off seasons. Would give Sky a product to sell where there is a 2/3 month gap. Teams would also be match fit for European Qualifiers.
If planned correctly season with Euros or World Cups can be taken into account.

Have one season without the split. Take those weeks off and bring the cup final forward.

Should get rid of the arse whole biased commentary. No matter what channel u put on it is the classic Celtic supporting commentators

Dunno if it's been said already but instead of showing all ours and celtic away games why not show the games at home against the likes of the spoon burners and the sheep where the atmosphere is better and there's no a stadium half full. Ibrox will sell out no matter if we're on TV or not but it might actually get the shite teams fans to actually turn up if they're no on the TV

I think ticketing should be looked at for clubs outwith old firm. Maybe they should be filling up the empty seats for free? For example, I live about a 10 minute walk from Brunton Park, Carlisle Utd's ground. I have very little interest in going to watching them play and neither does my son. If he was given 2 free tickets via his school (or youth club etc.) we would probably use them and might enjoy it enough to go back again a few times a season. Extra revenue and perhaps a few life long fans are created.

Most clubs already do this.

Would making it 4 points for a win improve the games?

They'd probably still play for a goalless draw against us.

No points for a 0-0
That way, teams would have to score at least once to have any chance of taking at least a point

Would making it 4 points for a win improve the games?

They'd probably still play for a goalless draw against us.

Wouldn't think so. I think that once we sort out our consistency next season, you would see a much larger gap between us/ them and the rest of the league - which wouldn't look any more appealing for casual viewers.

One thing that was mentioned on here a while ago was expanding to a 14 team league with a 6/8 split after 26 games. You would then have a Championship/ European group and a relegation group playing from around February onwards. Teams play each other twice in the run in meaning an even split for the home and away fixtures over the season. Relegation group would play 4 extra games of course but would offset losing out extra visits from us and could replace the playoffs - just have a straight 2 up 2 down. With regard to the championship/ European group, you'd be getting a tougher run-in (on paper) for all the clubs.

Back