Malcolm Eboiwei joins academy

Good to see us going for players already in excellent academies and they may not make it at that club but they’ll flourish at Rangers hopefully.

Anyone know anything about the lad?

First thing I can see on Google is this;

onefootball.com

AllNigeriaSoccer reported on Friday that Arsenal had ‘parted company’ with Ebiowei, and that the midfielder isn’t going to sign a scholarship deal with the club ahead of the 2020/21 season.

The Nigerian outlet speculate that this could have something to do with the player’s disciplinary issues at the club or the fact he attended an international training camp despite not being released. To be clear, that’s all just speculation, and there’s no hard evidence to back it up.

Despite still being 15 years old at the time, Ebiowei made his debut for the Arsenal u18s against Southampton in August. That was the only one of the first four matches of the season he didn’t play in the u16s. In the other three, he scored three goals and assisted three.

There’s no doubting the player’s form on the pitch, which is why this news comes as such a surprise. Hopefully, we’ll find out more about exactly what happened in the coming weeks, but it looks like the player is set to move on.

From October 5th, 2019.

Not going to pretend I know who he is but just done some research.

One of the biggest prospects in their academy but refused to sign new deal at Arsenal. News was that his parents wanted him to move to a foreign club with a better pathway to the first team - despite interest from Everton, Man City, Man Utd & a trial at West Ham.

Played for England & Netherlands at youth level, rejected a call up to Nigeria for the U17 world cup.

One of the biggest prospects in their academy but refused to sign new deal at Arsenal. News was that his parents wanted him to move to a foreign club with a better pathway to the first team - despite interest from Everton, Man City, Man Utd & a trial at West Ham.

Played for England & Netherlands at youth level, rejected a call up to Nigeria for the U17 world cup.
Sounds promising. Let’s hope we start giving the young boys a chance

Sounds promising. Let’s hope we start giving the young boys a chance
To add to that, he has been on fire for the U16s this season which led to him being called up to the U18s. Involved in a lot of goals and assists.

Small rumours his attitude was a bit of an issue, but no idea if true. I doubt it if he was only recently moved up age groups.

He has the same agent as Aribo, which is where our interest will have came from.

Welcome Malky.
If he has indeed any attitude/disciplinary issues hopefully our coaching staff will set him straight. He has a great opportunity with us.

Welcome Malky.
If he has indeed any attitude/disciplinary issues hopefully our coaching staff will set him straight. He has a great opportunity with us.
Very good prospect who has already moaned to his agent about the training up here. We'll see how he settles down.

No sure were you done your research but think this would be more accurate

As a British club it is essential that we source players from all parts of our human resource rich nation.
Welcome on board young man, in our Joe you have a great professional role model.

His time at Rangers was briefly documented in the recent “south of the river” documentary about footballers from London.

He left the club in the summer I’m sure, just didn’t kick on as expected in his 12 months with us and other boys had overtaken him by all accounts.

Wish him well.

His time at Rangers was briefly documented in the recent “south of the river” documentary about footballers from London.

He left the club in the summer I’m sure, just didn’t kick on as expected in his 12 months with us and other boys had overtaken him by all accounts.

Wish him well.
Was let go because of his attitude.

I know Derby are in the mire just now but %^*& relying on a midfield of him and Ravel Morrison deciding if they can be arsed or not.

Was let go because of his attitude.

I know Derby are in the mire just now but %^*& relying on a midfield of him and Ravel Morrison deciding if they can be arsed or not.
No reason to doubt you mate, had only heard that he wasn’t showing up as well the club had expected him to. Could be linked I suppose.

As you say, doesn’t sound like the character you want in the trenches :))

Back