Malik Tillman - just a matter of how long he stays for.

Sounds very positive.

Honestly, he’s so technically gifted, strong, burst of pace, can win the ball and he’s a goal threat as well. Has so many attributes for a 20 year old playing his first season of real football.

The rumoured £5m is a bargain, and absolutely guarantees a profit barring any Rangers injury luck. You can see how much he’s grown as a player, and a man since he first joined in terms of his work rate and desire.

A genuine joy to watch. Hopefully another couple of years of him.

With these deals, is the option to buy figure a lump sum or can the transfer go through in instalments like any other?

He is lazy though and not good enough etc etc utter nonsense it's an absolute no brainer this summer will double/triple our money on him if he keeps progressing the way he is.

We should make it a priority to sign him up on a permanent deal in the summer imo. Beale will be able to develop him a lot more the longer he is working with him and the club will generate a sizeable profit should the player move on a bigger league in the future…..it’s really a no brainer for me.

Ill just c/p from the other thread a few mins ago - not to take the piss, just in case any thoughts:

Given age and potential it’s dictionary definition no-brainer.

What it will come down to is:

1. His willingness to move (the unknown clause irrelevant if not)

2. Bayern being flexible - if it’s 5M (even if it is) paying in a oner will take a large chunk out of budget.

3. What his wage requirements / contract stips etc are

Point 2 will be weighed up against cost of replacement - if he goes, it’s a cost to replace just to stand still.

I’d argue that standing still eg replacing would cost a premium anyway. Wtf would be the point hoping to get someone for eg 2M with less up-sell unless some genius has already been sourced (chortle chortle)

We will have already started the discussion - the above 3 points….well let’s see. A number of clubs will already be looking at him, with same thought process we have. Many of them will have big budgets.

The way he’s going, come end of season those looking will be on the rise. Significantly.

Have to hope that Beale does what he does - persuades quality young players that he and rangers are the best option.

Just wanted to put that side of it in though. I’m not a Wilson fan. Can’t stick the guy tbh.

But this deal will have a lot of other factors in play given his potential. We are in driving seat but not incumbents, in effect.

If we sign him in the summer, he'll be gone within a year. He's a supremely talented player who's improving every week. The ceiling on his potential is ridiculous.

I genuinely think we'll activate this £5m clause then we'll be fielding bids at £10m-plus right away. Another year of development under Beale, and European football again, and god knows what you could cash in for.

Skilful, intelligent, creative, strong, quick. He's got the lot.

We will make alot of money on this boy. The board have to back Beale with this one and I think they will. Why would they agree a fee if that wasn’t the case ?!

If we sign him in the summer, he'll be gone within a year. He's a supremely talented player who's improving every week. The ceiling on his potential is ridiculous.

I genuinely think we'll activate this £5m clause then we'll be fielding bids at £10m-plus right away. Another year of development under Beale, and European football again, and god knows what you could cash in for.

You are 100% spot on….it’s a relatively low risk outlay at £5m as I believe that barring any unforeseen long term injury if he has a good season with us after his permanent signing particularly if we are in the later groups of European competition then I believe the club will be receiving offers if £10m upwards easily and in all honesty we will struggle to hold on to him so we should get him signed up in the summer.

He's been very clear he wants him. There's a deal in place. Only thing that could stop him coming would be lack of funds from us which you would hope wouldn't be the case.

Very positive indeed and you'd have to imagine we won't lose money on him.

Or if Tillman doesn't want to stay in Scottish football.

This boy could go right to the very top.

Remember Bayern have a buy back clause so IF we bought him for 5m in summer they could technically buy him back instantly or Jan 24 to sell on for a higher margin.

Any more performances like that and Bayern will want him back
They've got a buy back and it will be a smart one so they'll let us have him at 5m. We're not going to make much money on him but we'll have some great performances to remember.

Here’s a question re a scenario, we buy him for €5m and we receive a bid almost immediately for £25m from the EPL…..do we sell him straight away?

Here’s a question re a scenario, we buy him for €5m and we receive a bid almost immediately for £25m from the EPL…..do we sell him straight away?
Bayern have a buy back clause for X amount that is currently unknown. So you'd imagine if a team wanted him they'd get him back and bank the extra profit.

Remember Bayern have a buy back clause so IF we bought him for 5m in summer they could technically buy him back instantly or Jan 24 to sell on for a higher margin.
Wrong imho that normally only applies if after we sign him we then decide to sell him! If we get a £30m bid in from Arsenal then Bayern would have the option to match that and have first dibs on the lad’s signature!

He just gets better every time I watch him. He is going to be some player in a few years. Get him signed and he will go for big money, no doubts.

Seven goals at this point of the season isn’t too shabby either. Double digit return, which is where he’ll be by season end from his position, is a nice contribution.

Bayern’s ‘buy back clause’ should be illegal.Once he’s signed for another club that should be that,nothing more to do with Bayern unless they have a future % or appearance bonus clause.

I wish I could remember the poster who cained me for suggesting that if he was ours we'd laugh at a £20m bid. This lad has it all.

I dont think with the bayern buy back he's one we could ever make a huge profit on, but lets just enjoy him while we've got him and hopefully thats for a while yet

Wrong imho that normally only applies if after we sign him we then decide to sell him! If we get a £30m bid in from Arsenal then Bayern would have the option to match that and have first dibs on the lad’s signature!
It depends on the type, what you refer to is the same as SD had/have with our merchandise, a general matching right.

What it was reported Bayern have is a buyback option, those are usually at a set price. Clubs in the past have used buybacks to sign players and immediately sell them at their market price. I'm sure most assumed it was in the region of £10m.

It's the creativity and instinctual movement that impresses me the most. You just can't teach that, you can just refine and hone it with good coaching and experience. Yeah he can look "lazy" sometimes, but then he pops up and does something brilliant. It's those brilliant moments that can change games.

The boy is a flipping enigma, an Outrageously talented player , who just needs to learn to work that little bit harder, which at times seems impossible…

Not forgetting that Bayern have first dibs to take him back.

He is definitely developing well under the new regime. Regarding the supposed buy back clause, how often do clubs actually invoke these? I can't think of many that spring to mind.

Back