Malik Tillman

He's had a rapid descent from the talent of the decades at the start of the season, to a going through the motions type that just doesn't seem to be aware of the level he's playing at.

He needs a shake up, but can he bothered?

Not good enough to play against the shite in Scotland but good enough to start against Liverpool at Anfield at right Mid. Another %^*& up by the manager
Yeah. My thinking tonight too.

Our two biggest games this season away from home, Tillman has been played there. Fvckin criminal.

Yeah. My thinking tonight too.

Our two biggest games this season away from home, Tillman has been played there. Fvckin criminal.
All stems from the management, absolutely zero continuity in the team apart from the likes of Kent, Tav and Goldson, 2 of whom let us down again tonight and 1 of them wasn't Goldson

Strikes me as a player who thinks he is better than he actually is. He thinks he has more time on the ball and as a consequence gets robbed of said ball far too often.

He might be out of position. but it shouldn't stop him putting the effort in. We can't be carrying luxury players when they only show up once every 5 or 6 games.

These next 4 or 5 months are going to be the making or the breaking of him and I hope he realises that.

Last edited:
Definitely not his position but his lack of application is a far bigger worry. Players have often been played out of position but he looked like he couldn't be arsed.

The boy is a long way off his potential. But he is a very lazy player and should not being appearing for us at this level.
was shocking tonight .even his body language wasn't great .but I will say he is never a wide right of a front 3 bro

It reflects badly on the manager that the player was so far short just from a physical perspective never mind the technical, to the point it was self harming us, him being on the pitch.

And he did nothing about it.

All waving their arms on the bench at him. No, theres nothing there tonight replace him before we get beat.

Why didnt you ?

I’m surprised tonight is the night people are deciding to have a go at him.

His performances against Ajax and Celtic told you everything about him. I can’t remember seeing a Rangers player showing such a bad attitude and work ethic.

Last edited:
Played out of position. You can’t compete against a team like Liverpool without a number ten. How many times until the manager learns this. He’s not giving the boy a chance.
You can still run and try.

This is the 4th time at least that he’s gone on the pitch and given nothing.

His attitude is horrendous.

Not a get at Tav but something is far from right with him.
We sold Paterson to Everton as we had Tav however after last nights performance Tav is not good enough for EPL level as where Paterson is tearing up (prior to injury).

As for Tillman, yes he may not be a right winger and should be telling Gio he is not playing him to his strengths. However, to go on that field and put in a gutless, heartless, poor attitude performance like he did is absolutely criminal.
I would have thought lads like him and Kent etc would have wanted to show the watching audience how good players they really are.
Based on last night, a pair of imposters who are championship level at best. To be fair apart from Dortmund I cannot remember the last time Kent had a decent match.
Both need time on the bench as Sakala and Matondo did more with their directness in 15 minutes than that pair did in the whole match.
In general a pair of shitebags with a very poor attitude.

Doesn't help having a horrific manager playing him out of position then just leaving him to suffer. I'd rather see him working with a decent manager before passing judgement.

Has regressed alarmingly after a bright start.
Because the manager isn't using Tillman in the way that would get the most out of him. Tillman has started once in the middle of the park since Lawrence last played on the 27th of August, shifted out to the right more times than he's started in the middle of the park. That's poor use of the squad from the manager.

Keep hearing 'He's not winger' or he was 'Played out of position' - Neither of those having any bearing in his refusal to even make an effort to close a player down or follow his runner!

His application is shocking for a young player on loan, looking for a permanent deal.

Another player that is regressing badly under Gio.

One thing you can't blame Gio for though is Tillman's lack of effort and desire. I have no interest in seeing him play for us again.

I don’t want to join the pile on here. For me, this is on Gio. He was played out of position in the front three after we’d sacrificed a man in midfield. We know he won’t do the running and tracking back like say, Arfield or Aribo used to do. So, why play him there in such a game when we absolutely needed that effort and commitment?

Which good games has he played in Europe for us?

He scored against USG but was mince for the first 70 or so minutes.

Away to PSV was decent in small spells.

Ajax - disgrace
Tonight - awful
In Belgium - awful

Rather than trying to make excuses for a new player, call it as you see it.

SPL he’s looked ok. Europe nowhere near it
Couple of swivels of the hips and half this board drop their scants.

Hopefully he can turn things around but he hasn’t recently looked like a guy playing to secure a permanent move. Starting to look like another poor loan for us although I hope he proves me wrong. Plenty on here were saying we should be securing his services after a couple of great games earlier in the season think that’s up in the air now.

Hung out to dry by Gio. Definitely a very good footballer but lacking confidence and good coaching.

Lets face it. Tillman was probably better than Lundstram and Davis.

He's actually been good playing behind the striker but the knives were out for him since day one because 'he's not our player'. Same with Diallo last season.

Would not be spending anything close to 6 million to sign him on a permanent deal, heart of a mouse and comes across extremely lazy. Don’t usually agree with much that Gio does but he’s done the right thing by binning him early from previous starting 11’s
6 weeks ago people we’re saying sign him now our next superstar
At that point he was playing central with Lawrence now he is out wide right and is shite. Get a grip the boy is a player when played in his correct position but with injuries etc he isn’t playing there
Last night we played one of best teams in Europe

Add him to our ever growing list of young superstars we sign on loan from big clubs who just dont have the heart to cut it at Rangers.

Tillman has so much ability but he is lazy, I'm not sure if he has downed tools completely or if another manager would get more.

There is no doubting his ability for me justbhis attitude and workrate.

Looked good when first came in, Sakala has proved in his last 2 appearances that he deserves more minutes in that position, looked lively when he came on last night and always looking to do something positive... full of running which we don't get from Malik in that position

He's the new Hagi. Shunted out of position to play wide when it's very clear to everyone that he is better central.

Would like to see him at attacking mid on Saturday along with a proper front 3 who will press and attack at pace.

He's the new Hagi. Shunted out of position to play wide when it's very clear to everyone that he is better central.

Would like to see him at attacking mid on Saturday along with a proper front 3 who will press and attack at pace.
Hagi is a better player than Tilman

Would not be spending anything close to 6 million to sign him on a permanent deal, heart of a mouse and comes across extremely lazy. Don’t usually agree with much that Gio does but he’s done the right thing by binning him early from previous starting 11’s
Looks like he doesn’t want to be here imo

i can see why people get frustrated will players like Tillman etc what gets me is when we bled in Patterson, King, Devlin ,Lowrie, Mccann and to an extent Ure they all gave a good fearless account of themselves so is players like Tillman worth the risk or is it time to trust our own i think it is

£6m is still cheaper than the £7m we spent on Kent, who hasen't kicked a ball in nearly 2 years!

Back