Malik Tillman

Would not be spending anything close to 6 million to sign him on a permanent deal, heart of a mouse and comes across extremely lazy. Don’t usually agree with much that Gio does but he’s done the right thing by binning him early from previous starting 11’s

It is still early days in the season but there were many, many bears only a few weeks ago almost demanding we seal the double transfer of both Tillman and Sands for anywhere between £10-£12m.

Both have struggled recently, especially Tillman, who has this annoying habit of becoming the invisible man the bigger the game.

We have until seasons end before we decide whether or not to make these signings permanent. At the moment the jury is definitely out for me, especially with Tillman (his workrate is honking, lazy, lazy, lazy).

I thought we had found a gem after his first few games and was willing to write off his performance at the piggery as not being able to handle the atmosphere. We’ve seen too many similar performances since then.

Looked to me like one of the worst player affected by being out of position and the midfield looking unclear on their role to press the man or fill the space.

He turned in a pitiful display last night.

Who was the poster who said he was the best young player at Ibrox in 20 years?

He’s not even the best young player at Ibrox period.

All this he’s played out of position bollox. He loses the fuckin ball every time he is put under pressure, he’s not sharp enough and caught out easily also appears lazy and lacklustre.

Definitely not his position but his lack of application is a far bigger worry. Players have often been played out of position but he looked like he couldn't be arsed.
If the adrenalin wasn't pumping through him before kick off he shouldn't be in prefessional sport. A chance last night to take his reputation to a different level, I don't believe he agreed to come to us for an away fixture in midweek v Motherwell on a crap surface, so last night was exactly what Bayern and Tillman had hoped for when he made the move. Either he froze completely, shat it, or just plain couldn't be bothered. I had high hopes for the kid after his early showings but its now going to take a lot to convince me he's not just another damp squib.

People using the excuse of him playing out of position is exactly what it is an excuse, being out of position does not mean you do apply yourself and give work rate, we got none

For such a big guy he's so easily pushed off the ball.
Van Dijk put him on his arse early on, far too easily.

I don’t get his lack of effort last night, playing on the big stage and maybe a chance to impress his national team manager with a World Cup coming up.

You'd think that after Celtic away, Tillman out of position wouldn't happen again, especially at Anfield.

That said, you cannot defend his attitude or performance. 3 accurate passes, 18 touches, a single tackle won, lethargic and lazy.

£9m for Tillman and Sands. If we pay that and these two are here next season then we've messed up again in the transfer market. That sort of money gets us what we need in two positions (the level we are at).

The lad has really been disappointing, thought he would improve with game time but seems to be regressing if that’s possible, just can’t see value in anything over 1.5 million , we don’t need squad players , same for sands

I think he’s been managed poorly.

Like Diallo hung out to dry at parkhead, he was started out of position the right and had a nightmare and has barely been seen since. Then thrown in at Anfield inexplicably.
Maybe his attitude isn’t right, maybe he’s pissed off with GVB, the boy has talent but GVB is at least partly to blame.
Personally I’d rather have Lowry.

Van Dijk put him on his arse early on, far too easily.

I don’t get his lack of effort last night, playing on the big stage and maybe a chance to impress his national team manager with a World Cup coming up.
Both he and Morelos looked in awe of the players they were up against and just let them push them about like wee boys.
Going down looking for free kicks and rolling about earned us nothing.
Too many of our players just did not do the basics at all.

A young lad who is easy to target whilst our Captain goes unscathed yet again

Good old FF
It's to do with lack of effort. Needs to be made clear to Tillman that's the worst fault from the supporters point of view as it's his choice not to give 100%. To be honest, if he needs to be told that I would be close to getting rid of him now.

Can hardly accuse Tav for lack of effort.

It's to do with lack of effort. Needs to be made clear to Tillman that's the worst fault from the supporters point of view as it's his choice not to give 100%. To be honest, if he needs to be told that I would be close to getting rid of him now.

Can hardly accuse Tav for lack of effort.
totally agree , its the lethargy that pisses fans off , i`m sadly old enough to remember Gordon Durie losing a challenge and running the length of the pitch to get the ball back to fix his own mistake and getting a roar for it . Battle for everything is all we ask for .

Guy has talent but mopes about as if he can't be arsed. When Lawrence, Hagi and Lowry are back fit we won't need him.

Ignore the club-fed line, he’s a million miles away from this level.

Two USA youths on loan at the same time (both with agreements to buy) screams ‘agent led.’

Another failure in recruitment the fans will be asked to pay and be thankful for.
Do we have an obligation to buy?

I thought following his first couple of games Tillman might be the real deal but sadly seems to play like a 'fart in a blizzard' now. He was the one player in the team who should not started last night given his strange attitude and demeanour. Would have preferred Arfield, Sakala, even Matondo or 'Wright' (and that's saying something!) to start the game. Bizarre choice by GvB.

The one player GvB has given little time to on the right is Sakala who might be a temporary answer to that problem position, at least he has enthusiasm and speed. I thought when Sakala replaced Tillman, Sakala was much the better player of the two.

Total waste of time playing him out wide, the lad is clearly a central playmaker / attacking midfielder.

But he clearly has an attitude problem and is getting frustrating at being played out of position. Thats no excuse though but he should be at least trying.

He needs to play behind the striker with a winger either side.

The right hand side was totally inept. Tav kept turning the ball over and Tillman put in a disgraceful shift.
Its one thing getting beaten by quality, but quite another to put in 60% effort. Get rid

Gio did this with Hagi and now with young Mark Tillman. He’s ruining the boy by playing him out of position. Making him look a dud.

He’s a number 10 a shadow striker and he’s excellent in that role as we have seen in earlier games against USG at Ibrox and PSV in Eindhoven.

He’s NOT a winger.

Gio did this with Hagi and now with young Mark Tillman. He’s ruining the boy by playing him out of position. Making him look a dud.

He’s a number 10 a shadow striker and he’s excellent in that role as we have seen in earlier games against USG at Ibrox and PSV in Eindhoven.

He’s NOT a winger.
He is NOT a trier

Hung out to try and he did have Tav in behind him. The only blue shirt Tav found all night was his own at 7.45.

But having said that...a wee bit of effort Tillman ya lazy bassa.

Do we have an obligation to buy?

I think the idea for both was to ‘flip’ them. That’s the only way I could see us spending £5m or so each on Sands and Tillman.

It would also explain both being shoe-horned into the side in odd positions, and keeping blatantly better players out the side.

I don’t think it’s news but the club is *obsessed* with finding another Bassey-style diamond in the rough.

As others have mentioned, being played out of position doesn't help him however the very least we can expect is maximum effort when on the pitch - we certainly didn't see that from Tillman last night

He's young and clearly good technically but playing in a team with low confidence and out of position - whether he would be able to develop in the areas needed to be successful at us it's hard to tell but should be the benefit of the loan.

If you had to list his weaknesses you'd say pace, pressing/closing/ tracking/general defending and at the moment, the work rate/fitness. His strengths are touch/strength/vision/creativity and getting into the box/in attacking positions.

Why anyone would look at that and think he matches the right midfield/forward position with tactics we employ, away from home, particularly in Europe is beyond any of us!

For me, games we have most of the ball, will be attacking, particularly at home for now -he should be tried centrally more to see what he can do.

If you've watched a lot of football as a fan, trust your instinct.

Forget where he came from, questioning if he's being played out of position, is he a young player needing nurtured?

Then look at at Tillman and ask yourself, honestly, does he look anywhere even close to being a Rangers player?

Looked lethargic last night but wasn't helped by being played on the right where he's ineffective. Why Gio started him there after the Scum game I've no clue, Gio has an alarming knack of not learning from big mistakes and shoehorning his favourites into the lineup regardless.

I thought he looked really promising in his first few games. Needs to played centrally though, wasted on the wing. Hopefully can rebuild his confidence bashing some jobber outfits up.

Until he's given a run in his proper position he can't be judged really.

Another bizarre Gio selection sticking him out right.

The wingers we actually have are crying out to switch sides so we move someone central out wide to further complicate the inbalance.

Some of the pish I've just read, f*ck me gently.

Let's completely ignore his winner that took us through against Union Saint Galloise and him setting up Čolak for the winner that put us into the CL against PSV.

A player being out of position against a very good team, regardless of their current form. Been played AM/RW/LW/CM. Yesterday was on the Manager and poor tactics that should have been changed at earliest half time, unless we put King into DM and pushed either Lundstram or Davis up into CM.

"Lack of Hunger" - I'm sure we all thought that when he went up for the ball against the Union SG keeper and scored.

"Thinks he's better than Rangers" - Yes that's why he decided to come to us for a season, I'm sure it was just for a laugh or out of pity..

Out of position . Young player in new country. Playing in team that are struggling. Will hold judgement for now

Another pampered academy player. Don’t know when we will learn that these guys aren’t cut out for rangers

Back