Tillman and the rumoured 5m price

Would you pay the £5m to make it a permanent deal?

• Total voters
Pay the fee tomorrow and get him signed permanently.

The boy is fucking brilliant and is going to be a star.

Touch of an angel, scores goals, sets them up, covers the whole of the park and nicks more balls than a bic razor.

If it was £10m he'd be worth every penny but at £5m it's a steal.

Make no mistake, we simply must pay that money for this lad.

Then it’s up to him if he wants to join us. Hopefully winning a cup or two will give him the taste for more!

I’ve always thought this.
We get to buy him for £5m after his loan period but, if we choose to sell, Bayern get first option to buy him back for £10m
So, if true, my guess would be that, if Tillman continues to improve, the most well get for him is £10m because Bayern will buy him back, sell him on and keep the profit if more than £10m.
It depends, if we get offered say £13 million Bayern’s aren’t then going to buy him for £10 and sell him right away for £13, it’s just not worth their while so we could get more than £10.

another way to look at it is if we sell him to Bayern for £10 million for them to keep it means he will have developed into a great player for us for 2-3 years and we still made a £5 million profit on him

Procrastinating over it would be foolish. No need for it.

You rest on that luxury then an EPL team takes a punt on him and offers wages that puts us out of the picture.

Then he doesn't want to stay.

Make the deal now.
If the details are already set out and it’s a case of us formalising it then the above scenario doesn’t happen.

Anyone got a strong opinion on whether the player will actually want to come here permanently?

Any time I've seen him interviewed and asked about it, he's always appeared pretty coy and non-committal on the subject.

It depends, if we get offered say £13 million Bayern’s aren’t then going to buy him for £10 and sell him right away for £13, it’s just not worth their while so we could get more than £10.

another way to look at it is if we sell him to Bayern for £10 million for them to keep it means he will have developed into a great player for us for 2-3 years and we still made a £5 million profit on him
I would guess the buy back option will have a time limit on it too. For example, they can buy him back for £10m within the first 1-2 years or something along those lines.

Anyone got a strong opinion on whether the player will actually want to come here permanently?

Any time I've seen him interviewed and asked about it, he's always appeared pretty coy and non-committal on the subject.

Beale sounded convinced that he does in an interview the other day.

He's a good prospect.

£5m seems steep but if it's part of a plan to then sell in season 3 for £15M then perhaps it could work.

Risky though.

He needs to be more consistent.

I also wonder if he needs to bulk up or that would slow him down

He's a good prospect.

£5m seems steep but if it's part of a plan to then sell in season 3 for £15M then perhaps it could work.

Risky though.

5 million actually seems like a bargain. He's probably been one of our best players this season and he's only 20 years old, big future ahead of him.

I agree, the worst case scenario here is we make £5m.

If the details are already set out and it’s a case of us formalising it then the above scenario doesn’t happen.

It does if someone else contacts Bayern, we get alerted, Tillman's head gets turned and we can't compete.

Point is, there's no value in waiting apart from following a process. Your way is exactly how I'd imagine speccy approaching the situation. Then ultimately making a tit of it.

It does if someone else contacts Bayern, we get alerted, Tillman's head gets turned and we can't compete.

Point is, there's no value in waiting apart from following a process. Your way is exactly how I'd imagine speccy approaching the situation. Then ultimately making a tit of it.
You’re missing my point. IF everything has already been agreed and it’s a case of formalising the deal then there’s no point doing it now.

If there are still negotiations to be had then by all means let’s get on it just now.

I’ve always thought this.
We get to buy him for £5m after his loan period but, if we choose to sell, Bayern get first option to buy him back for £10m
So, if true, my guess would be that, if Tillman continues to improve, the most well get for him is £10m because Bayern will buy him back, sell him on and keep the profit if more than £10m.
Where has the buy-back figure of £10 million came from? Have seen the £5 million fee to buy him being mentioned by some of the more reliable posters but was always under the impression we didnt know Bayerns buy back

Pay the fee tomorrow and get him signed permanently.

The boy is fucking brilliant and is going to be a star.

Touch of an angel, scores goals, sets them up, covers the whole of the park and nicks more balls than a bic razor.

If it was £10m he'd be worth every penny but at £5m it's a steal.
Why pay now? We have a right to buy at end of season, he’s our player at least until then

Where has the buy-back figure of £10 million came from? Have seen the £5 million fee to buy him being mentioned by some of the more reliable posters but was always under the impression we didnt know Bayerns buy back
It’s what Bayern and others do, buy back is usually double the fee.
Google Caccerlla ( not sure about spelling) who’s at Chelsea now.
Barca sold him twice and bought back twice

Why wouldn’t he. Regular football, European football, opportunity to develop further, chance to win trophies, playing for a big club.

I’m sure Michael Beale said he was quite shy so that may come across in his interviews?

And the main thing, he’s got his own song.

Nowhere worthwhile, just someone's guess that probably started on here and has seemingly turned into fact.

It hasn't been confirmed anywhere that there even is a buy-back clause, let alone the exact terms of it

Have to say I really like the use of loan to buys on young players as gives them a season to see how they fit and work in the team. Like we’ll definitely be taking Tillman but returning Sands so has definitely saved us the risk of purchasing sands.

He's a good prospect.

Risky though.

After reading a few of your posts I'm convinced you've never actually watched Tillman play or he's shagged your mrs.

Bulk up? Players bounce off him ffs.

"£5m seems steep."

Some fans are mentally scarred from the Banter Years era and everything that went down. £5m is really f*ck all in the grand scheme of things — particularly for a 20-year-old, US international with Bundesliga experience at Bayern Munich.

If £5m is deemed steep for Tillman then I have no idea how we go about building squad. There are times when a team simply has to front up the cash and the kid is as big a banker you'll find.

Class player, will always have critics who don’t think he puts in the yards but defo a huge Asset to the club and exactly the model we are workino with will be able to get bassey type fees in a couple of years For him.

"£5m seems steep."

Some fans are mentally scarred from the Banter Years era and everything that went down. £5m is really f*ck all in the grand scheme of things — particularly for a 20-year-old, US international with Bundesliga experience at Bayern Munich.

If £5m is deemed steep for Tillman then I have no idea how we go about building squad. There are times when a team simply has to front up the cash and the kid is as big a banker you'll find.
Kent was £7M and on his day he is best player in league and was the difference in big european ties.

It seems steep to me.

But if he becomes a champions league level player then fine, pay it.

He's a good prospect.

Risky though.

£5m for a lad who can play like Tillman is not steep, it's a steal!

He's a fair build for his height and only 20, tends to roll most players as he is right now as well, so I don't think he really needs to bulk up.

"£5m seems steep."

Yeah our fans don't really understand the market all that well, hence some of the really mental takes you read on the transfer threads. Bayern could make double that selling Tillman out on the open market in the summer.

Also seen people worried about the buy back clause too, we aren't getting a player as good as Tillman without spending similar amounts of cash or accepting the strings that are attached. What were we looking at for Fulgini in the summer? About 7 or 8 million and a lot of our fans were raging that we didn't pull the trigger or that we failed to get it over the line. Fulgini is 6 years older than Malik and we weren't allowed the luxury of a try before we buy to see if he settles in Scotland, he didn't in Germany for instance. As far as risks are concerned, Malik Tillman would be the least risky amount we'll spend next summer.

Why wouldn’t he. Regular football, European football, opportunity to develop further, chance to win trophies, playing for a big club.

I’m sure Michael Beale said he was quite shy so that may come across in his interviews?

And the main thing, he’s got his own song.
I don't disagree with you, and I hope you're right. It's just what I've felt watching his interviews, particularly after the Aberdeen semi-final.

He and Bayern won't be short of offers if he keeps playing like this.

Yeah our fans don't really understand the market all that well, hence some of the really mental takes you read on the transfer threads. Bayern could make double that selling Tillman out on the open market in the summer.

Also seen people worried about the buy back clause too, we aren't getting a player as good as Tillman without spending similar amounts of cash or accepting the strings that are attached. What were we looking at for Fulgini in the summer? About 7 or 8 million and a lot of our fans were raging that we didn't pull the trigger or that we failed to get it over the line. Fulgini is 6 years older than Malik and we weren't allowed the luxury of a try before we buy to see if he settles in Scotland, he didn't in Germany for instance. As far as risks are concerned, Malik Tillman would be the least risky amount we'll spend next summer.
we will waste more money buying players around in and around the million mark than we will even if we spent £10m on Malik.

Hes a cracking player with bags of potential. Exactly who we should be signing.

As beale says, he wants first teamers, not squad or project players.

Wonder if the buy back is true and how much it is, certainly wouldn't be out the question if he keeps developing that he ends up back there.

What a pler.

we will waste more money buying players around in and around the million mark than we will even if we spent £10m on Malik.

Hes a cracking player with bags of potential. Exactly who we should be signing.

As beale says, he wants first teamers, not squad or project players.

Completely agree.

It's a no brainer of a signing really. Our fans seem to completely forget he's only 20 years old and he's already posting solid numbers in our league. Next summer, after a full pre season under Michael Beale and co, he'll be a much more polished player. With a years worth of experience in our league under the pressure of being a Rangers player and hopefully a couple of medals in his back pocket too.

Back