MOTM Poll Malmö v Rangers - 18:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been working so didn't really get the chance to comment during the game. We played well in spells and let them get too much of the ball at times. They did boot feck out of our players and when we returned the compliment we got booked for it - the ref did make an arse of several decisions.

The two goals we let it were and out and out joke. I don't think we'll see many goals as poor as this all season that we let in. Truly awful effort and made it so easy for them it's unreal.

The goal at the end gives a very good chance but we need our players to absolutely up their game and keep their focus from start to finish.

Some of our players looked really quite tired and not that far in either.

Added to that I would say that Malmo are a genuinely horrible little team. They knew how to play he ref and they were without a doubt up there with the biggest bunch of greeting faced gits we've come up against.

We finished the game strong and had moments of total domination. We need to see more of that next week. We ideally need to bury them quite early on or put them right on the back foot by getting an early goal. We very much can take the needed win next week, absolutely. If we get the players to turn up and play to their best we could even do it well.
Aye, pretty much this for me.

Understand he was below par tonight but next week when you need someone full of effort, commitment and running to raise the team, I wouldn't bet against a top class performance from Arfield

I haven't seen it back properly, but my initial reaction was that Lundstrum got pulled over to the ball like a moth to a flame.

He'll take a bit of time to adjust, but it's early days in the season for the whole team.
That was my initial feeling too. I'm not going to watch the goals again to confirm it. The amount of people who haven't a clue about football immediately blaming Tav because he's a defender is embarrassing. Same old names as well. I'm out for the night as I don't want my second ever ban in nearly 20 years on this site. Good that some people have a semblance of knowledge on the game though, mate. Cheers.

Just do one doom monger, thank %^*& I don’t know you, prophet of doom and then some, sort of clown that loses a fiver, finds a 100 quid and moans like %^*& about losing the fiver.
6 or 7 need to up their level

You can keep the fiver.

No I'm being serious. You've been on here years so you know what's going to be there so why put yourself through it? Sorry if it came across as a dig honestly. I'm bowing out. Good night all.
Actually agreeing with you mate,it's how you read a txt I suppose but your right,I actually agreed with my big mate del never to come on after a bad result, but stupid fkn me,winning 55 thought they would give the team some slack,but roasters,%^*& me,I'm 70 in February, my dad took me to Ibrox when I was 8,seen then thro thick and thin,when criticism is due I will apply it,but some of the comments just get to me,no problems doc,WATP

Actually agreeing with you mate,it's how you read a txt I suppose but your right,I actually agreed with my big mate del never to come on after a bad result, but stupid fkn me,winning 55 thought they would give the team some slack,but roasters,%^*& me,I'm 70 in February, my dad took me to Ibrox when I was 8,seen then thro thick and thin,when criticism is due I will apply it,but some of the comments just get to me,no problems doc,WATP
I'm still here as I'm too wired to sleep. I'll end up in hospital with my heart if I don't chill but that's what the Gers do to you and I wouldn't have it any other way. You're a long time well respected poster and I'm sorry we got our wires crossed. Cheers mate.

I'm still here as I'm too wired to sleep. I'll end up in hospital with my heart if I don't chill but that's what the Gers do to you and I wouldn't have it any other way. You're a long time well respected poster and I'm sorry we got our wires crossed. Cheers mate.
That's exactly WHAT THE GERS do to You!especially the heart!I don't drink Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday, not that I drink too much anyway now,but right now I could kill a few bottles of peroni and a large glass of rioja,but I was out and didnt get to see the game just updates,but told myself just before KO right calm down,we will be fine,never works tho ,badoom badoom ,you go and chill mate and let's look forward to dundee hibs on Saturday !

Below normal performance, but we were playing against a team that are fully fit and have been playing league football since April, and it showed.

I still think we can pull it back next Tuesday, mon the Gers, just do it.

One thing I noted at the first goal was how Lundstram was the only player near to the player who scored and he wasn't even that near.
Our full defence went to the front post and beyond and left the far post totally unmarked.

We played moderately and narrowly lost. The 2 goals we conceded were very poor indeed. However I thought overall it was an even game and the very least we deserved was that goal at the end. We have to up our level for the 2nd leg, that's for sure.

Right side of our defence needs a bit of a wake up call.
Twice in a minute we were kippered.
Very disappointing from a defence that is normally so assured when playing domestically against unspeakably shite domestic opposition

We looked like a team playing their second game of the season and several players don't even deserve pass marks. Thank God for Davis' goal. A large home crowd and a few key players returning and we should have enough to see them off with a decent ref. What a bunch of cluggers.

Kamara is huge for us. He should only be sold at top dollar and if a replacement is incoming. Champions League qualification is so important to allow us to keep our major assets and get better value for them in the future.
And if we do get through he will be essential in Greece or Bulgaria having watched them tonight.

We looked like a low end English Championship level team today and nothing more.

Davis’ goal keeps us ticking over. This side isn’t fit to be anywhere near the CL group stage, unless things change massively.

Thought Lundstram struggled in a lot of areas. Defensively, ball retention etc. Might be a case of shaking off the rust (as it was for a lot of them tbh) or it might be a case of him getting comfortable with our European system, I don't know. But he struggled imo.

I think he'll definitely improve so not worried. Clear as day how much we missed Kamara though.

Defensively we looked shaky. It could be down to having only played the one serious game so far, again something we're not used to. Both goals lost were horrendous

Thought Itten was really good in that first half. Final decision making might need some tuning

Kent and Wright looked dangerous, just final decision making again.

Davis a clear standout. Again.

It was a performance showing how much talent we were missing. Morelos, Roofe, Kamara, Balogun, Aribo, Jack etc could all be first 11 picks, arguably.

Might be a blessing in disguise. But it'll be tough at Ibrox. Could be a nervy night as well.

really bad performance imo. Malmo were the better team for most of the game and looked more of a threat than we did up front. I'm not confident at all for the 2nd leg.

Massive goal by Davo. Scott Wright the bright spark for me. Also thought big Cedric did very well first half. All to play for next week.

Just logged on at page 39, talk about doom and gloom, get a grip ffs. These guys run their hearts out for us last season ,and we're only a few games into this season,how many games has Malmo played. I can just imagine you lot moaning at every loose pass next week,when Ge55ard is looking for the fans backing. Rant over.

I thought Kent deserved more than the percentage he got on this thread.

Yeah, they snuffed him out first half but the boy never ever gave up and created the goal for Davis.

He was actually my MOTM

I thought Gerrard struck just the right tone after the game to try and kickstart a reaction from the players, a bit like your Mum or Dad saying "Im not angry, Im just disappointed".

Surely the players will respond accordingly both this weekend and next midweek.

I can’t believe we lost to those cloggers. First half seemed to be in control then 60 seconds of madness at the start of the 2nd half. Lundstram saw the guy at the back post and got caught in no-mans land instead of closing him down. Their 2nd was pure luck. 9 times out of 10 it hits the woodwork. Goes to show we are not as good as we think we are!

Outstanding goal by Davis. Gives us a lifeline. I guess 1 week into our competitive season has made the difference. We should be shoe-gazing past the likes of Malmö, despite the number of guys missing. Goes to show what Kamara brings to the team-play.

I must apologise to my dog for scaring him with the shout of excitement I gave out when Davis scored last night. Bring on the home game at Ibrox and the rallying call from our manager to get behind the team!

Thought Lundstram struggled in a lot of areas. Defensively, ball retention etc. Might be a case of shaking off the rust (as it was for a lot of them tbh) or it might be a case of him getting comfortable with our European system, I don't know. But he struggled imo.

I think he'll definitely improve so not worried. Clear as day how much we missed Kamara though.

Defensively we looked shaky. It could be down to having only played the one serious game so far, again something we're not used to. Both goals lost were horrendous

Thought Itten was really good in that first half. Final decision making might need some tuning

Kent and Wright looked dangerous, just final decision making again.

Davis a clear standout. Again.

It was a performance showing how much talent we were missing. Morelos, Roofe, Kamara, Balogun, Aribo, Jack etc could all be first 11 picks, arguably.

Might be a blessing in disguise. But it'll be tough at Ibrox. Could be a nervy night as well.
Agree with all that. They pressed our defence to to stop them playing out. It was just a typical Swedish team performance. We should have enough to create chances in the second leg.

The nonchalant attitude of most of our fans to Malmö is a concern.

Malmö consistently beat Scottish teams in Europe. Indeed, Swedish teams consistently beat Scottish teams in Europe.

Davo's goal saved the tie, but it's hardly a given that we are going through, especially how we performed last night.

The worst thing about last night IMO - was not our overall performance- which wasn't great of course - but the fact we gifted them two soft goals

Our defence - so reliable last season - went to sleep at a crucial stage
That may yet cost us this tie - but it certainly shouldn't - because I firmly believe we are by far the better team
( even without our 1st choice 11)

If we hadn't let in these goals - I could imagine Malmo becoming frustrated & even more reckless as the game progressed -

I said in an earlier post I reckon the fact they'd played competitive games since April versus our one outing showed -

I'm putting Goldson's mistakes & Lundstram's performance down to this match coming too early for us

But we can't be caught out like that again next week

SG will know exactly how to deal with this - but I'd consider adding a bounce match behind closed doors just to get more up to speed before we start the 2nd leg

Last edited:
The nonchalant attitude of most of our fans to Malmö is a concern.

Malmö consistently beat Scottish teams in Europe. Indeed, Swedish teams consistently beat Scottish teams in Europe.

Davo's goal saved the tie, but it's hardly a given that we are going through, especially how we performed last night.
Agreed - it’s no gimme but reckon we were at least their match and indeed better for long spells. We can turn it around- bit more flair in middle of the park ( dogs of war midfield didn’t cut it last night) Hagi needs to play 2nd leg

Just watched their first goal again, what the hell was tav doing he literally left two men
You kidding?

Goldson steps up to play offiside, at the same time, Lundstram lets a MF runner ghost into the box, Tav HAS to go to this guy (the MF that ran off JL) as he is the immediate danger, Lundstram then sees Tav's man standing himself and goes to cover but doesn't show the correct desire to get back (IMO) and the cross comes in and the guy finishes.

Correct defending technique would be Goldson doesn't attempt to play OF and Lundstram tracks his man... then Tav gets to stay with his guy, then there is no danger or overloads.

You kidding?

Goldson steps up to play offiside, at the same time, Lundstram lets a MF runner ghost into the box, Tav HAS to go to this guy (the MF that ran off JL) as he is the immediate danger, Lundstram then sees Tav's man standing himself and goes to cover but doesn't show the correct desire to get back (IMO) and the cross comes in and the guy finishes.

Correct defending technique would be Goldson doesn't attempt to play OF and Lundstram tracks his man... then Tav gets to stay with his guy, then there is no danger or overloads.

Your totally correct, that’s first I’ve seen that clip, was the only a replay on YouTube I had seen.

hopefully with Davis getting the goal, this can be a blessing in disguise and a kick up the backside

I’ve just watched some of game back, I didn’t realise at the time how slow the ball was moving on the pitch. Quite a few passes were short and the ball getting caught under feet, of both teams players to be fair. I think the game next week will be played at a lot higher pace, will be perfect for us.

All they have to do is defend properly Celtic won't win anything. They won't win nothing, defending like that.
- Hartson :D

Just watched the match again and one thing I have noticed.

Malmo fans are crying little bitches, every tackle they are booing.

Abba chanting wanks.

Back