MOTM Poll Malmö v Rangers - 18:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I expected them to be better than they are. I would have taken a 0-0 draw before the game but seeing them play we've had a lot of the ball and save for one or two miss placed passes and last ditch stuff from them we've looked the better team. Not a terrible performance so far for our second competitive game of the season.

Been fine. Solid at back, big Ced is leading the line well, this midfield 3 don't have the pace to keep up and help front 3, but thats ok as we probably won't see it very often. Only our second competitive game against a team mid season, as I said its all good.

Hope we come out the traps flying and up our game a little. Really don't like this Malmö team. They seem like a proper bunch of c**nts that like to win games dirty and by any means.

The ref has had a horrible game so far as well and not just against us. Seems very SFA style in his way of handling a game. Badly.

Pretty disappointed with that half tbh. Not got into any rhythm going forward, not keeping the ball, set pieces have been poor and I don't think we've even worked their keeper at all yet, for all we know he could be Barkas in disguise.

Need to actually make some attempts at goal this half. Only saving grace is that Malmo look shite.
Happy with that. Felt we grew into the game against a team weeks ahead of us in preparation. That as well as the players we’re missing, feel it’s been a decent half
Gotta love FF sometimes B-D

Kent needs to push further up, sitting too deep and when he is getting the ball from Borna there are too many of them back.

His pace along with Wright has them all over the place all the time, letting them get compact doesnt help

Am I the only one that thinks we’ve been poor, our passing has been off for me, behind the players all the time and too slow tempo wise. Lundstram for me look miles off the pace.
That been said i don’t think they are great and can see us nipping a 1-0 tonight

Itten and Davis the best of the bunch so far. Borna looking a bit rusty, too much coming down our left. We're missing Kamara's ball retention, Davis the only one of our midfield three consistently picking a pass.

Reasonably comfortable in defence, not too creative in midfield, and flashes up front we can play through them but not really looked like scoring.

Better team, but one of those games where a goal will totally change things.

Tavernier is best player so far for me, and Itten has held the ball up better tonight than I've seen him before.

Certainly not at our best. A bit ring rusty and a bit sluggish at times.
Have to up the tempo to beat their pressing.
Were not losing and they haven't had a sniff. I'll take that right now.

If Morelos and Kamara were playing we’d have too much for them I think

We Don’t really look like scoring

We have had the best of it. Looking a wee bit lacking sharpness but finding the pockets of space. Bit sharper to get some of these chances on target.

I don't understand why we don't hit more inswingers. Much harder to defend and we've got the players to deliver quality from both sides.

Agree with this, although it's probably part of our game management that SG spoke about, in terms of not giving anything away, as you'd be pulling Tav or Borna completely out of position.

Your point stands though.

Yeah, I think he’s done well in spells but I don’t think he’s been brilliant by any means and I like Itten. Just think the game is made for Sakala’s pace.

He couldn't hold the ball up at all on Saturday mate.

Hutton and Mcinnes both praising Itten.

Sakala definitely might be an option later on, as their defence tires.

Think we’ve created a bit more. Need to get Wright and Kent running at their defence, where we have seen best opportunities

Think for a moment how far we’ve come since the spivs, cheats and that wee bastard Reid. We look, under Steven, like a European team that’s hard to beat. Aye it would be great to be goals up, but it doesn’t always work like that. We win this over the two legs. Oh and Malmö would waltz the
Jungles

Look rusty which is to be expected, dont really look like losing this game just need to keep calm and hopefully something will come off for us. I am more worried about the officials doing something stupid than I am about our team, these Polish officials are giving me heartburn.

Yes. He’s not showing he’s the fastest this evening. He’s been ok but they’ve shut him out. I’d take him off for Sakala and let him run amok. Either that or taken itten off for sakala.
You must be joking. Now Sakala is the greatest thing since sliced bread ? He looked lost on Saturday. Itten is doing just great holding things up, battling for possession and giving us an out ball. Sakala will not do that.

Itten’s lack of pace and Sakala’s bucket loads of it. A few times we’d have been in if Itten was quicker.

Sakala I don’t think will hold the ball up nearly aswell as Itten has. He’s come deep and retained possession really well time after time

I honestly don’t blame the guy for holding his hands to his ears when he scores when so many people have him down as this fall guy before he’s even had a chance to get going at Rangers

Back