MOTM Poll Malmö v Rangers - 18:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hopefully Wright changes his boots, he had a tap in it he stayed on his feet when Kent cut it back :))

Sakala I don’t think will hold the ball up nearly aswell as Itten has. He’s come deep and retained possession really well time after time

I honestly don’t blame the guy for holding his hands to his ears when he scores when so many people have him down as this fall guy before he’s even had a chance to get going at Rangers
Completely agree. If anything sakala for wright, ittens been good and not fairly treated by the ref.

Would give it 15 minutes then get Sakala on for Wright. 0-0 would not be a bad result with hopefully some players back next week and a full Ibrox

Lots of wasted chances in the 1st where we should have done better but they haven't really threatened.
Quick goal in the 2nd to settle the nerves before another to wrap it up :)

Itten has in general been decent
Kent has been loose bar 2 runs.
Barisic the same.
Tav had one run.
Arfield had the best chance probably
all in all, not a bad first half
You are allowed to say that Malmo have defended very well lol

Hopefully they tire second half and we find the space.

Soon as I saw it was a Polish ref I was worried about how his performance would turn out. Seems I was right. Booked two Rangers players after blatant dives and then ignored stone wall yellows for them as well. I also think it was a foul on Kent in the box as well. Anywhere else on the pitch and that's a definite free kick.
How he didn’t book the boy for the pull on Borna only to book Borna seconds later was a complete joke

Sakala I don’t think will hold the ball up nearly aswell as Itten has. He’s come deep and retained possession really well time after time

I honestly don’t blame the guy for holding his hands to his ears when he scores when so many people have him down as this fall guy before he’s even had a chance to get going at Rangers
That is just his celebration he done it after every goal as St Gallen...

We don't have a huge number of options but I think our set up is a little compromised by having 2 pairs of players who essentially do the same job. Kent and Wright are similar in style as are Arfield and Lundstram. Replace any of the 4 with a fit Aribo or Hagi and I think our attacking play would have alot more variety

Honestly mate? Granted we haven't given their keeper enough to do but we've got into very good positions imo.
I agree, some slips or decent last ditch defending have stopped a few chances.
They look fairly tidy in midfield, alright in defence but look less likely to score than us which considering we have the home leg to come I am fairly comfortable with.

Need to get Wright on the ball more and tav further up the pitch. We can really hurt them down our right(pardon the pun)

You must be joking. Now Sakala is the greatest thing since sliced bread ? He looked lost on Saturday. Itten is doing just great holding things up, battling for possession and giving us an out ball. Sakala will not do that.
The boy has something to offer that’s all I’m saying. Is he better than itten? No. And besides, my initial reaction was to swap Wright for Sakala.

Kent has been so wasteful and if he had taken care of the ball and just shot instead of another turn we could be winning here.

Itten brilliant Tav and Goldson too.

My only worry is Barasic he is giving the number 32 the freedom of our left sid.
Barasic is partially to do with the positions Kent and Arfield are taking up

Fairly even game, think we have slightly been the better of the two teams. Glen, Aribo, and Alfie on the pitch would have made a big difference

Only danger here for us is the ref. Other than that i don't see any danger over 2 games.

Or the ball boys. The best pass of the match was from a ball boy behind the goal after one of our corners.

The ball was still in the air from a wayward shot and the guy had fed the keeper with a replacement.

Malmö nearly scored.

RANGERS: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Lundstram, Arfield, Wright, Kent, Itten.

SUBS: McCrorie, Bassey, Hagi, Simpson, Patterson, Kelly, Fashion Jr, Lowry, Hogarth.

I think we have done just fine for a team playing their 2nd competitive game, against a side deep in their league and with a semi-decent pedigree.

I think we have an extremely good chance of stepping up a gear and scoring a couple here. Tough game, as expected, but by no means are we second best over the piece.

Four or five games into the season we run riot against this side.
However, they come into this tie with an advantage that has made it a far more even contest.

Malmo are nothing special. We're half out of bed, one foot on the floor however we're about to let out a big fart and have a cup of tea.

Itten has done very well that half. Surprised to see people looking him to be subbed here.

Itten has been very good - bullied that backline at times but with that crazy booking he probably can't play the same way and might only get about 15 minutes of this half before being subbed.

Honestly mate? Granted we haven't given their keeper enough to do but we've got into very good positions imo.
Think we lack sharpness, Kent on form hits the target with one of his chances

Just think we look like a team that’s not played much football tbh

We've played well this half on the whole. It would have been nice to punish some of their mistakes. Usually the manager makes slight adjustments in games like these that push us on to victory.

Sakalas first touch and pace to get in behind teams that dont have 5-6 on the 18yd line.

A tough away game in Europe, you want your centre forward to be strong and retain possession first and foremost. He’s doing that well

Back