Malones Glasgow

Got dragged there myself once. Never again.

Thankfully was a midweek night and the only other people in were blissfully ignorant Chinese students.

If Police Scotland started dealing with complaints about bars in Glasgow playing IRA tunes then they would need to quadruple the amount of officers they have. Best writing this off to poor judgement on your acquaintance's part either that or think about making him an ex acquaintance.

Pre-Covid i decided i would never set foot into a Glasgow "oirish theme bar" again. For obvious reasons
Works do, birthday celebs or not i have stated my reasons.
Strangely enough no one has said i am out of order for it.

Stress free.

OP just made a bad decision and hopefully will learn from it.

Against my better judgement I was dragged to this slop house for an aquaitance's birthday,
IRA tunes shamelessly played.
Police Scotland refusing to accept the complaint online, worth phoning in? Has anyone else heard similar from this slophouse?
Maybe just....
A. Stop going against your better judgement (clues in the name)
B. Not be a grass
C. Expect any different from Police Scotland hence no requirement for B.

It's a shite hole, let the dregs be dregs mate an drink in a proper pub.

Maybe just....
A. Stop going against your better judgement (clues in the name)
B. Not be a grass
C. Expect any different from Police Scotland hence no requirement for B.

It's a shite hole, let the dregs be dregs mate an drink in a proper pub.
I've made a fool of myself here I'll admit. I've lived in England too long where the Irish diaspora are largely non bigoted here and forgotten how scummy their Glasgow brethren are

Call me naive but I didn't expect an IRAOKE to be tolerated just because it's an Irish theme bar. Maybe I've lived in England too long
Unfortunately standards have collapsed so much in Scotland in the last twenty years that you are even seeing acceptance on this very thread about it. You are a grass apparently if you report it. Just sit back and accept IRA songs being played over the speakers over lunch while in a city centre bar.

Absolutely vile.

You haven’t “ lived in England too long” mate. You have lived in a civilised country too long. Something that scotland stopped being under the vice like grip of the SNP/ shinners.

Unfortunately standards have collapsed so much in Scotland in the last twenty years that you are even seeing acceptance on this very thread about it. You are a grass apparently if you report it. Just sit back and accept IRA songs being played over the speakers over lunch while in a city centre bar.

Absolutely vile.

You haven’t “ lived in England too long” mate. You have lived in a civilised country too long. Something that scotland stopped being under the vice like grip of the SNP/ shinners.

This.

The place is a dump. And if the OP voiced his concerns to the rest of the party he was with, he’d be painted as the bigot.

If Police Scotland started dealing with complaints about bars in Glasgow playing IRA tunes then they would need to quadruple the amount of officers they have. Best writing this off to poor judgement on your acquaintance's part either that or think about making him an ex acquaintance.
So long as they show the same tolerance to our side.

Got dragged there myself once. Never again.

Thankfully was a midweek night and the only other people in were blissfully ignorant Chinese students.
Thats unusual in itself, haven't seen a Chinese student in a partick pub, although I have been on the subway on a few occasions with the three boys that go to Ibrox.

I was. A bigot for objecting apparently. Friendships lost but not worth keeping it turns out
They are normalising this behaviour and in years to come if not now then the Modern Studies and History curriculum in Scotland will have Martin McGuiness as some kind of robin hood figure.

FFS we have had a Womans football team celebrating winning a game in Glasgow by singing and glorifying terrorists who murdered 3 unarmed Scottish boys without a peep from anyone.

14230_916689505037603_117375699102849740_n.jpg

Thats unusual in itself, haven't seen a Chinese student in a partick pub, although I have been on the subway on a few occasions with the three boys that go to Ibrox.

I’m thinking of a different pub. Was kitty o sheas I was in, just realised!

You have a point, but there are clearly double standards at play.

We were not the ones to start this stupid game, but when the opposition perceives a sectarian slur and then activates the Scottish media and political establishment attack dogs, you can understand why slop house sectarianism should not be tolerated.

I should be able to walk into any pub in Glasgow without having to hear songs which celebrate the support of an organisation which revels in the deaths of many innocents from all parts of our nation.

You have a point, but there are clearly double standards at play.

We were not the ones to start this stupid game, but when the opposition perceives a sectarian slur and then activates the Scottish media and political establishment attack dogs, you can understand why slop house sectarianism should not be tolerated.

I should be able to walk into any pub in Glasgow without having to hear songs which celebrate the support of an organisation which revels in the deaths of many innocents from all parts of our nation.
I was more making the point that this is normal behaviour in Glasgow and beyond nowadays.

Against my better judgement I was dragged to this slop house for an aquaitance's birthday,
IRA tunes shamelessly played.
Police Scotland refusing to accept the complaint online, worth phoning in? Has anyone else heard similar from this slophouse?
Call 101 on Monday morning and ask for a chat with licensing at London Road Police Office. They are normally Monday to Friday.

Call me naive but I didn't expect an IRAOKE to be tolerated just because it's an Irish theme bar. Maybe I've lived in England too long
Tbh rebel nights used to be a regular thing where I live in North Lanarkshire. However due to a lot of the pubs shutting down because of Covid they aren’t as frequent. The issue you’ll have is you’ll find a lot of the people you need to complain to will probably be in attendance.

Plus I’d advise staying away from Merchant City as they have a right good few hovels now that are overran by the tramps.

I’m thinking of a different pub. Was kitty o sheas I was in, just realised!
Got kind of forced to meet someone in there last week, the full fiddler repertoire on display and belted along with by the slack jaw simpletons. As I tried to explain to the person I was with, it’s a bit galling to be pretty much the only Irish person in there while a bunch of Scottish kids sing about the Provo’s. Somehow I feel I was still judged as the intolerant one.

I used to work in and frequent city centre Irish bars in the mid 2000’s in Glasgow and you never got these songs.

I nip in and out of waxy o’connors sometimes, never seen or heard anything like that and I get the impression it wouldn’t be allowed in there. Similarly if it was I’d be up and away even if I’d just ordered prior.

In saying that, I’m never in for that long, 1-2 pints normally

Hardly made a fool of yourself. Unfortunately this kind of thing in Scotland is accepted and largely goes unchallenged.
Record it on phone set up against bigotry twitter etc tag the world in it and make it uncomfortable for those in power to not deal with it

It's really only way to stop it is to do what they do and make sure these places get shut down or at least clean up at.

Back