Mamma Balde - Aves

First thing I thought of when I read this thread was Dalcio. A good prospect who had just spent a season with Benfica B squad.

Do you think he could make the bench ? :rolleyes:
Why the sarcasm? I qualified my opinion that's he doesn't look like a stick on starter by saying it's difficult to tell, it's only a few minutes of highlights after all.

Potentially our first ever transgender signing. As always, Rangers lead the way up here.

Edit: Never mind, forgot about McGeady.

I’d tread warily if he is one , and that’s not me being sexist or whatever .

There’s been a big case recently in athletics about hormones and all the other stuff trannies seem to take , and it’s causing huge grief . I’m all for equality but this is a minefield .

Spoke to another (English based, hence the language. :D) who said the following.

“Yes bud he is a decent little player, right midfielder who plays for Sporting. He has been out on loan for the last 2 years getting game time at Aves etc. Had his best season yet this year, 8 goals and 2 assists, contributed to 29% of Aves' goals from right midfield.

By no means the finished article at just 23 like, would be great for him to go abroad and get a bit of experience especially at a club like the Gers.

Theres a pressure that comes with playing for such a big club like Rangers and he might thrive on that, never really got a chance at Sporting and unsure if he is in the plans for the future.”

It really is a gamble when buying at this level of the market. No idea how this would turn out but at least pleased to see he gets into the box and can score with the head.

I'm generally positive. And with a name of Mama Samba Balde, surely it lends itself to a song @WBD

Reactions: WBD
That video, his positioning and movement reminds me of Sadio Mane at Liverpool, for a winger, he was found centrally a lot and seemed decent in the air.

Interesting player fast and direct also he can cut in and join up centrally and power towards goal a variety of movement as well.

One to look out for imo.

Might be true but could be crossed wires - 16 year old Sporting player Umaro Balde has recently been training with Rangers and possibly played in a closed door game.

Reactions: MSF
Surely powerful and fast were the key adjectives there, what is the point in adding the third?
I should have said African players because they normally have better fitness levels and are more powerful.

You don't have to ready anything else into it.

Why the sarcasm? I qualified my opinion that's he doesn't look like a stick on starter by saying it's difficult to tell, it's only a few minutes of highlights after all.
Only because i find it difficult to believe anyone can assess a players place in the squad from a 5 minute youtube video

Might be true but could be crossed wires - 16 year old Sporting player Umaro Balde has recently been training with Rangers and possibly played in a closed door game.
Thought I recognised that name.

When West Ham bid £25m for William Carvalho the president said they wouldn’t even send them Umaro Balde for £25m. :D

Only because i find it difficult to believe anyone can assess a players place in the squad from a 5 minute youtube video
I said it’s difficult to tell for this reason. Anyway, I agree with you about fast black players, if good enough players like this would be exciting signings.

Linked in the latest four lads blog started off at Sporting Lisbon as a right back but now converted to right winger at Aves 23 years old certainly looks like a dangerous player
Not sure about the level of opposition in some of these games but judging the crowds, he’ll easily handle away games in the SPFL.

Think the talk was Aves wanted him full time after having him on loan last 2 seasons but Sporting were made aware we also want him.

Nothing since in media

With the amount of wingers signed already I can't see room for much more unless there's plans to sell Grezda and loan Middleton out then your guessing Kent might not be back.
Let’s assume Kent isn’t coming back for a second, we’d have Murphy and Jones as options on the left and Candeias as one on the right as far as fully fledged first teamers go.

It’s also worth noting that Blade is more than capable as an offensive right back too

Let’s assume Kent isn’t coming back for a second, we’d have Murphy and Jones as options on the left and Candeias as one on the right as far as fully fledged first teamers go.

It’s also worth noting that Blade is more than capable as an offensive right back too

Whatever happens we need strong investment in the forward areas regardless of who has been signed already.

Back