Man accused of Celtic abuse against two teenage boys is suffering from dementia

I think that is what the Scottish Courts, well Scottish Government want.

Each and everyone of those guilty of heinous crimes dead or “incapable“ of remembering.

Will the victims ever get justice or even an apology ?
Is this the fourth or fifth time the trial has been delayed.

I may be wrong but I thought the case was against the club,so whatever this rancid old paedo can or cannot remember is irrelevant.
The one reported at the start of the thread is a criminal case against an accused individual who, if found guilty, will be subject to a penalty for a crime, more than likely imprisonment.

The class action is a civil case against the football club claiming financial compensation for alleged victims of CSA, allegedly committed by a number of people connected to the football club.
A civil court will decide if the club was responsible for the actions of these connected people. The burden of ‘proof’ in civil actions is lower than in a criminal
Court.
If Celtic are found to have been negligent and are deemed responsible for what happened, then financial awards for damages will be paid to the alleged victims.
It is also likely that the football club would have to publicly apologize for its negligence.

The two cases are completely separate and will take place in different types of court.

The one reported at the start of the thread is a criminal case against an accused individual who, if found guilty, will be subject to a penalty for a crime, more than likely imprisonment.

The class action is a civil case against the football club claiming financial compensation for alleged victims of CSA, allegedly committed by a number of people connected to the football club.
A civil court will decide if the club was responsible for the actions of these connected people. The burden of ‘proof’ in civil actions is lower than in a criminal
Court.
If Celtic are found to have been negligent and are deemed responsible for what happened, then financial awards for damages will be paid to the alleged victims.
It is also likely that the football club would have to publicly apologize for its negligence.

The two cases are completely separate and will take place in different types of court.

Spot on Coisty.

For any non regulars, there is the outstanding civil case referred to by Coisty above and FOUR criminal cases against P1, P2, Divers & McAulay, all ongoing.

Surely if he has dementia then that weakens his case? How he can he clearly remember that he did not commit those crimes all those years ago if he has an illness that affects his memory? Therefore can someone who has dementia be trusted to tell the truth on the stand?

McGinn, Kelly and now Cairney all using the ill health / memory issues nonsense, straight from the SNP playbook. That seems to be the get out these days if you have done something bad or illegal.

Whatever happens, I hope he spends the rest of his days in agonising pain.

Maybe if justice had been pursued correctly at the time he wouldn't have had 4 decades to develope dementia.

Last edited:
If your out of your head on drink or drugs when you commit a crime, not being able to remember it is no defence. The only difference is dementia is an illness. Surely the case will weigh towards the prosecution and their evidence, if he cant defend himself then thats tough shit.

Any trick in the book from these cornered rat scumbags to evade justice. Dementia is a horrible disease and those genuinely suffering have my every sympathy and empathy. A Celt fan Judge or Sheriff should be nowhere near this case either. In fact, didn't a Judge demand that Rangers fans could not to be allowed on a case involving us. ?

The sick minded bastards targeted football clubs because they knew due to the inactions of that bastardised team that they would have protection from authorities. Today they are awarded the same protection, all to protect that same bastardised football team.

Love too have got a hold of him in my younger days in a peter only 1 would be coming out.

How very convenient - and utterly predictable.

Through personal experience, I can confirm that dementia affects short term memory so he should be able to recollect these historic crimes - though the likelihood is it’ll cut no ice in what looks like a corrupt judiciary system.

How very convenient - and utterly predictable.

Through personal experience, I can confirm that dementia affects short term memory so he should be able to recollect these historic crimes - though the likelihood is it’ll cut no ice in what looks like a corrupt judiciary system.
:mad: getting out thread getting to angry mate

I’m lost for words. We’ve spoke to some of these victims personally. It’s heartbreaking but the fight for justice has to continue.
Dementias no defence,should be up to mc parland to defend him when the trial starts....auld bastard better not die or walk

I used to have business dealings with Cairney years ago. A horrible bastard of a man who made my skin creep. Always keen to boast of his involvement with the boys club.

Back