Man charged with Manslaughter over Sala Death

It'll be someone not checking over the plane properly or something like that. I highly doubt it's anything sinister/intentional.

A man has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter by an unlawful act in relation to the death of Argentine footballer Emiliano Sala.

The striker, who had signed to Cardiff City, died in a plane crash in January along with pilot David Ibbotson.

A spokesperson for Dorset Police said a 64-year-old man from North Yorkshire had been arrested and released while investigations continue.

The force added the families of the two men who died had been informed.

Absolute nonsense, they are just looking to pin it on anyone.

The owner/pilot of the plane is the only person that should be blamed.

The pilot reportedly wasn’t qualified to fly at night so however arranged for him to take the flight will be blamed.

I obviously don't know anything about it but that sounds to me like the Hindsight Brigade have struck again.

svpUOTz.gif

If your mate phoned you a taxi and you died in a crash during the journey and it turned out the taxi driver didn't hold the appropriate license, your mate ain't going to be done with manslaughter.
The owner of the taxi company may well be if they knowing sent out a driver without a proper licence .

Having not heard much about this case for a while its hard to speculate but my guess would be the person who signed off for an unqualified pilot to make the trip.

Wasn't the reason for the accident to do with the plane falling apart? I think Sala said that in a phone call during the flight.

More than likely the engineer who signed the aircraft off as servicable.
That's probably closer to the truth...either that or the company that hires out the planes for not ensuring that a) the planes are fit to fly or b) the pilot is adequately qualified.
Blaming an agent or personal manager for putting his client on a flight being charged with manslaughter is just crazy!

Its alleged the pilot wasn't permitted to fly at night. No point in placing restrictions on someone like that if they wont policed/enforced!

Book the flight all you want, but if the the pilot’s restrictions had been checked... Unfortunately, its always a person to blame never a system.

My money is on whoever signed off on the flight as a fee-earning passenger trip which by all accounts it shouldn’t have been.

If your mate phoned you a taxi and you died in a crash during the journey and it turned out the taxi driver didn't hold the appropriate license, your mate ain't going to be done with manslaughter.
Unfortunately the aviation world is a little more complex. Anyone responsible for certifying airworthiness that had later transpired to be invalid, anyone clearing the flight without aircrew holding correct and current tickets and auths, will most definitely be taken to task.

Nobody is getting jail for manslaughter FFS.

Absolute scraping the barrel from the police whereas usual. Desperate to look busy!!

Clutching at straws a bit here - no doubt blaming somebody will help with any relevant insurance claims.

The title is very misleading, the person has been arrested, not charged. In law there is s big difference between the two

It'll be interesting to see if it was the person who "arranged" the flight.

Using that logic, if I get a plane, train,bus or taxi and the driver does something wrong, the person who booked me into their system is liable?

The arrested man is David Henderson, the pilot who was originally asked to fly Sala and whose name was lodged with Nantes authorities as the pilot for the flight. Looks like he couldn't make it and arranged for Ibbotson to fly instead and he (Ibbotson) wasn't properly qualified - allegedly.

Seems the latest story on this is carbon monoxide poisoning of the Sala and most likely the pilot too .
No sure where this story will next go

Last edited:
Seems the latest story on this is carbon monoxide poisoning of the pilot and most likely emiliano sala too .
No sure where this story will next go
Seen a program the other night of a flight that came down in Alaska. They found carbon monoxide the cause of the crash and it was the company who serviced the plane who were blamed.

Wasn't the reason for the accident to do with the plane falling apart? I think Sala said that in a phone call during the flight.
I think it'd be impossible to pin point the crash's cause without recovering the plane. Sala's autopsy revealed a high amount of carbon monoxide in his blood. This likely played a significant part in the crash. It must have been leaking into the cabin. But without recovering the plane there is no way to piece together exactly how it went down.

But if you owned the taxi and knew the driver did not hold the correct license to drive it, then you would be culpable.

It will probably be the person who signed off on the pilot flying at night. Think they are just looling to try a pin the blame on someome.

The pilot reportedly wasn’t qualified to fly at night so however arranged for him to take the flight will be blamed.
Pilots tend to know their licence conditions, he must have thought he could make the flight before dark. However, I would suspect it is whoever passed the plane as fit to fly.

I still don't get why you would put your most expensive new signing in what is essentially a flying washing machine. Surely there was an easyjet flight from France to Wales or even England which would have been cheaper and safer

Back