Man City’s prematch entertainment

Certainly different to the jungle and reggae you’d hear out of an upstairs flat window on Claremont Road back in the day.

Only way you’ll really know now is take loads of under 16s to each stadium who does different things and ask what they really think I guess. Older folk are always mainly going to say one thing ain’t we, it’s all changing. Asked my mate about City tonight, season ticket holder, said they even have a dj in the concourse now.

Only way you’ll really know now is take loads of under 16s to each stadium who does different things and ask what they really think I guess. Older folk are always mainly going to say one thing ain’t we, it’s all changing. Asked my mate about City tonight, season ticket holder, said they even have a dj in the concourse now.

Heard they have a decent fanzone outside every home game too, a couple of decent indie bands played there that I like.

Manchester’s known for its music so shouldn’t be surprised, be it DJs, bands etc.

Pretty ambivalent to City but wouldn’t mind a trip down to watch them and get a night out in MCR after.

Can see the Rangers da’s having a field day over this :D

What we saying then - too much for a football match or a cool spectacle?

Impressive enough but hopefully we’d never go for something like that at Ibrox to get the crowd up for a European game…
Why have all that when you can play the 90s megamix CD on a loop and put the teams on pixelated “big” portable screens in the corner

Heard they have a decent fanzone outside every home game too, a couple of decent indie bands played there that I like.

Manchester’s known for its music so shouldn’t be surprised, be it DJs, bands etc.

Pretty ambivalent to City but wouldn’t mind a trip down to watch them and get a night out in MCR after.

I’m intrigued as well, heard so many opinions I want to see it with my own eyes. I don’t think I’d be too keen on it myself but can see how anyone with kids would from what I’ve heard.

I’m intrigued as well, heard so many opinions I want to see it with my own eyes. I don’t think I’d be too keen on it myself but can see how anyone with kids would from what I’ve heard.

Guy I know takes his boy down to City games every few months. He has no interest in Rangers anymore apparently. Find that a bit odd in itself, but they definitely make an occasion of it which younger folk will find appeal in.

I’m sure Itison sometimes do hospitality deals for the Etihad fairly regularly to get more folk along. Total tourist club I know…

You have one of the best attacking midfielders in the world in De Bruyne & one the strikers in the world in Haaland , but you need THAT shite to get your fans excited , Jeezo

It is the way it is. Football for most people is entertainment. Nothing more. Look at the USA. They do this sort stuff brilliantly and having seen it live, it is amazing. Different world. So if the choice is shouting abuse and getting all upset, or seeing a spectal of entertainmwnt and then my favourite team batter the tims. I know whst I will choose.

612ea8d85a4fe_3_27175.jpg

The disco lights come with every Atmosphere In A Can starter pack. It's a football match, not a Primary 7 disco.

Why have all that when you can play the 90s megamix CD on a loop and put the teams on pixelated “big” portable screens in the corner

The true test of atmosphere is once the game gets underway. Give me the limbs we see at Ibrox when we score a goal in europe over the standing up and giving a bit of applause that City fans seem to do.

Watched them the other night, and some didn't even have it in them to applaud the goals.

A set up like that wound cost a fortune to install and maintain better doing general stadium repairs or invest in the squad etc.

At 72 years old. I think it’s the way forward, Being in the fanzone in Seville the D.J got the place rocking playing a mix of our tunes and “dance” that built up to us watching a big screen event.
Take out the UB and I’m afraid Ibrox would be very quiet. The team does not have to earn it but we must progress.

Back