Man City’s prematch entertainment

What a lot of absolute shite.

They’ll be putting these in next:

applause_sign.gif

What we saying then - too much for a football match or a cool spectacle?

Impressive enough but hopefully we’d never go for something like that at Ibrox to get the crowd up for a European game…
We could do this and have Triple01's pop out from underneath the Champions League ball.

I was joking when typing this but would be worth it to see folk lose it because it got in the road of singing Daddys Uniform

Only way you’ll really know now is take loads of under 16s to each stadium who does different things and ask what they really think I guess. Older folk are always mainly going to say one thing ain’t we, it’s all changing. Asked my mate about City tonight, season ticket holder, said they even have a dj in the concourse now.
Or on the flip side. City have this and the team and the manager and the low ticket prices and still can’t fill the stadium.

So all that money thrown at prematch for what appears nothing gained.

It does look good though

Customer experience sells. Look at how rugby and darts have transformed over the last decade.

In general - outwith 90 mins - the customer experience at football is dire. I'm all for stuff like this.

Man city absolute plastic club who need a disco show pre match to try build up the atmosphere for a European game
I was jumping between the games on Wednesday and after city's 4th it panned to the fans and it was a warm round of applause type celebration.
Went over to chelsea game and after their 3rd the fans were bouncing.

Noticeable difference between them.
Unsure if the reputations of the opposition was the reason or if that's just the way they are now?

Or on the flip side. City have this and the team and the manager and the low ticket prices and still can’t fill the stadium.

So all that money thrown at prematch for what appears nothing gained.

It does look good though

Not sure about that mind, sold out on season tickets this season didn’t they.

These Clubs who are in CL regular all struggle selling out for Group matches really. You’ll rarely struggle to get a ticket official at any for a standard group match these days - that’s from Bayern to Chelsea to City to PSG to Barcelona to Benfica to Juve. The way it’s going Ajax won’t be hard at Ibrox will it.

Looks cool.

My 11 year old would have loved it.

Im sure the Rangers da's can go puff in the toilet while its on if its that bad.

Thought John Cena was about to run out to his theme music.

And with some lad from the waltzers over the tannoy... fuuuuckadoodledoo that's an absolute brass neck that.

What did they go to the Etihad for? A CL game or a shit, budget version of a Jean Michel Jarre concert?

It's exactly what we've been ripping the pish out the mentally challengeds for.

Ahh, the Celtic disco lights
Trust me when I say you’d want the something very similar, it’s impressive.
Ibrox will have new floodlighting soon, eufa requirements will dictate that but I can’t claim to know the extent of the package…. yet.

If Celtic hadn't got them in before us, you'd have folk on here saying it looks cool. Ajax were the first club to have them and I remember people sharing videos of the lights at the Amsterdam Arena and most people saying it looked brilliant.

In a stadium like ours that has a great atmosphere it can surely only add to the experience.

Man City however the atmosphere is so shite it just comes across like they're trying to buy an atmosphere and it looks more like a concert.

If Celtic hadn't got them in before us, you'd have folk on here saying it looks cool. Ajax were the first club to have them and I remember people sharing videos of the lights at the Amsterdam Arena and most people saying it looked brilliant.

In a stadium like ours that has a great atmosphere it can surely only add to the experience.

Man City however the atmosphere is so shite it just comes across like they're trying to buy an atmosphere and it looks more like a concert.

Exactly, I remember the same. Now the tims have it, they're shite.

Would love them at Ibrox pre match. You don't need lights to add to an atmosphere as we demonstrate on european nights, it would probably have more of a positive impact rather than negative.

Sit in the same seat for thirty years, drink your bought water and eat your cold/raw hot dog.
IMPROVEMENTS? Ach, away wi ye. Just better toilets so I can smoke and take gear.

Trying to think where I’ve been at and seen it done.

Sevilla v Atletico Madrid was one in 2019. January Copa Del Rey match.

PSV in a league match in November 2016. Sure they played Sweet Caroline though just before kick off.

Can’t really remember any others. Maybe West Ham v Man City in League Cup last October. There was definitely something.

Always remember Wolfsburg doing it on a match I was watching on tv. Was a Sunday teatime game and stadium was half full. Be surprised if Bayern don’t do it as they do some kind of light spectacular show every winter in their stadium.

I've been to Belgium for a game and the DJ played Hard Trance music ore match and the place was fucking bouncing! Dunno about disco lights but some popular dance tunes these days seem the way forward for the up and coming generations.

I've been to Belgium for a game and the DJ played Hard Trance music ore match and the place was fucking bouncing! Dunno about disco lights but some popular dance tunes these days seem the way forward for the up and coming generations.
Aye, can remember being at Anderlecht for a Friday night match when Lukaku was still there and it was bouncing. They might actually have done something like this at Ghent and Brugge when I went there, booze blurring the memory though.

Not for me. Rather have the support blasting out the Blue Sea of Ibrox

Think back to flag day for 55 and how much we were underwhelmed by the lack of an attempt to make it an event. Fair play to City for doing something different, but they do have gazillions to spend on it. Things like this and Batcam, etc are all good stuff. City fans do seem to have a rage against everyone though.

Back