Man city apologise to chelsea after playing madness song at full time

I've read three reports of the "incident" none of which says that Chelsea complained, City appologised as it may have been seen as an act of gloating. A nothing story.

Meanwhile, at vicarage Road, apparently Watford had a whole pre game playlist dedicated to sticking the knife into Marco Silva

Songs about snakes and rats etc.

No apologies necessary IMO

Just like there should be no apologies when we play gypsies tramps and thieves when the scum come visiting.

FF is a strange place at times.

I follow neither of the two teams involved but having seen a bald man tie a scarf round our goal post at Ibrox. A bald Scottish man wave an Irish tricour at Ibrox. Various other ne'er do wells celebrate unabashed at Ibrox and heard Beautiful Sunday belted out whilst 50,000 "Irish men" sang along I kinda get how annoying it might be for a Chelsea fan.
But instead some people are laughing at chelsea

I’m not reading where Chelsea were upset by this?

I’m reading this as City approached Chelsea officials assuming offence might be taken, and Chelsea said “not bovvered” :))

Can’t see what Chelsea have supposedly done wrong here, except play embarrassingly shitely. Shitely? Is that a word? LOL.

I’m not reading where Chelsea were upset by this?

I’m reading this as City approached Chelsea officials assuming offence might be taken, and Chelsea said “not bovvered” :))

Can’t see what Chelsea have supposedly done wrong here, except play embarrassingly shitely. Shitely? Is that a word? LOL.

Don't think anyone is getting on at Chelsea. Just the fact that City felt the need to apologise about this is bad enough.

Sums Man City up - can't even be decent cunts they have to somehow make that a bit shit as well.

I wonder if folk on here would laugh this off -

Who cares? Honestly. It was how many years ago?

We have done the huddle on their own pitch, Gazza pretending to play the flute, Diouf doing 'the broony' with the trophy, recreating the penalty that McGregor saved after winning the league.

Winding up your rivals is something that has gone on for years.

Reactions: Dom
Yea

Yeah but we got apologies as well, didn’t we?
Nope. We know we didn't. We wouldn't get it. Not from the Yahoos anyway.

But that is their life mission. No enjoyment just aggravation and a souless life of self loathing.

Who cares? Honestly. It was how many years ago?

We have done the huddle on their own pitch, Gazza pretending to play the flute, Diouf doing 'the broony' with the trophy, recreating the penalty that McGregor saved after winning the league.

Winding up your rivals is something that has gone on for years.

Only one of these involved a game against the Yahoos - and we were roundly criticised for it.

I suspect if the Yahoos played Penny Arcade or Simply the Best after beating us, there would be a meltdown on here.

Only one of these involved a game against the Yahoos - and we were roundly criticised for it.

I suspect if the Yahoos played Penny Arcade or Simply the Best after beating us, there would be a meltdown on here.

Theres a meltdown on here over a club tweeting a joke. Of course there would be meltdown. However, people were also posting wanting us to sing YNWA to wind them up when we appointed Gerrard. It works both ways. Should clubs just stop the music, empty the stands and the players walk off hand in hand? It's a derby match, it needs the same passion on the park as in the stands.

Theres a meltdown on here over a club tweeting a joke. Of course there would be meltdown. However, people were also posting wanting us to sing YNWA to wind them up when we appointed Gerrard. It works both ways. Should clubs just stop the music, empty the stands and the players walk off hand in hand? It's a derby match, it needs the same passion on the park as in the stands.

Man City can celebrate with their own songs. I don't think they need to rub Chelsea's noses in it. I wouldn't want us to act like that.

Man City can celebrate with their own songs. I don't think they need to rub Chelsea's noses in it. I wouldn't want us to act like that.

Personally I think clubs should be able to wind each other up as much as they like. Especially in big games or derbies.

I wish the people behind the scenes at Ibrox held the poets in the same contempt as the fans do.

I would fucking love for the tannoy at Ibrox to belt out Just can't get enough if we would ever smash them 6-0. Rub it in as much as you can.

I think winning 6-0 is rubbing it in. Anything else is Yahoo behaviour.

Personally I think clubs should be able to wind each other up as much as they like. Especially in big games or derbies.

I wish the people behind the scenes at Ibrox held the poets in the same contempt as the fans do.

When the Yahoos wore T-shirts saying 'No Excuses' (a dig at Advocaat and Rangers) when they won the Treble in 2001? Or the billboard 'Glasgow's Green and White' when we went into admin? Hilarious banter, in your eyes?

I wouldn't want Rangers to embarrass ourselves like this. That's very different from wanting Rangers to win on and off the park.

When the Yahoos wore T-shirts saying 'No Excuses' (a dig at Advocaat and Rangers) when they won the Treble in 2001? Or the billboard 'Glasgow's Green and White' when we went into admin? Hilarious banter, in your eyes?

I wouldn't want Rangers to embarrass ourselves like this. That's very different from wanting Rangers to win on and off the park.

No not hilarious obviously. It's a wider issue than Rangers v Celtic though. I would absolutely love us to rub their noses in everything.

Were you agreeing with McIness then when he was raging at our dressing room celebrating after beating Aberdeen? It's the same thing entirely. We were noising them up after a hard fought game.

I think you're creating a false dichotomy of a wind-up being either funny or offensive.

I didn't find the above funny, but I didn't get offended either.

No not hilarious obviously. It's a wider issue than Rangers v Celtic though. I would absolutely love us to rub their noses in everything.

Were you agreeing with McIness then when he was raging at our dressing room celebrating after beating Aberdeen? It's the same thing entirely. We were noising them up after a hard fought game.

I think players celebrating privately in their own dressing room is very different from the club playing something over the PA system.

I think you're creating a false dichotomy of a wind-up being either funny or offensive.

I didn't find the above funny, but I didn't get offended either.

I think clubs should be careful of escalating tensions or being undignified in victory.

After the conduct of the Yahoos towards us in recent years, I'm surprised so many are casually dismissive of the responsibility of clubs. That's very different from what individual players may do or how supporters may interact with rivals.

I think clubs should be careful of escalating tensions or being undignified in victory.

After the conduct of the Yahoos towards us in recent years, I'm surprised so many are casually dismissive of the responsibility of clubs. That's very different from what individual players may do or how supporters may interact with rivals.
I honestly do not see any problems in clubs mocking their rivals.

I would not wish us to stoop to the depths Celtic have, but that does not mean I am against Rangers taking digs at them provided we back it up on the field.

I honestly do not see any problems in clubs mocking their rivals.

I would not wish us to stoop to the depths Celtic have, but that does not mean I am against Rangers taking digs at them provided we back it up on the field.

I think it's important for clubs to be professional in their dealings with each other in public.

It doesn't even make sense for Man City. Manchester City is a club that has had, and has, every conceivable advantage in the modern game. They are hardly a plucky underdog enjoying a rare victory over one of the game's giants. They are now one of the game's giants. They've won 6-0 - a humiliation for Chelsea - and all they can think of is to play a song Chelsea play at their ground. As if that added something to the victory or was a rare opportunity to gloat. It really made no sense and just made Man City look pathetic.

Back