Man City banned from European competition for 2 seasons

Tommy1912

Surely Juventus cant be working upon their means with the squad they have. Could make an argument it's the best squad in europe.

brandon5160

I'm going to guess what will happen is they'll appeal it, the 2 years will be suspended and they'll pay a larger fine.

Money wins, always.
This I would think, all day long. No way will city accept that ruling. Although look at the transfer ban and Chelsea, you never know

moiphy

Pep needs to win it this year otherwise I think he's missed the boat. I wonder if the likes of De Bruyne etc will hang around with no UCL football on offer. Could be a bit of a fire sale, could also be an easy 2 premier titles with no midweek football.

The Golden God

Going to CAS.

Commodore Carbuncle

There’s an easy way to fix football and make it fairer while still allowing clubs who make a shit load of money still have an advantage (which is fair enough).

Limit squad size.

Ban the loan system.

(Somehow) stop youth players moving across leagues for a pittance.

S English

There’s an easy way to fix football and make it fairer while still allowing clubs who make a shit load of money still have an advantage (which is fair enough).

Limit squad size.

Ban the loan system.

(Somehow) stop youth players moving across leagues for a pittance.
Don't ban the loan system, just make them have a limit on youth players at the club and an obligation to enter youth competitions

Coza

As much as it’s funny to see a new money club get shafted.

Part of me is disgusted. Madrid and Barca have been at it for years. PSG are easily worst offenders. But uefa have no love for city and it shows. As we of all clubs have seen certain teams are judged to a different level to other clubs by uefa.

Hope they go on and win it this year to shove two fingers up at uefa.

Glasgowsteve

Good. Hope this stops them spending stupid amounts of money. I think Pep has spent something like £400m on the defence alone.
We’re they not hit with a £50m fine by UEFA for this before?

govwalker

Where does this stand regarding Youth players and loans??

I'm thinking about the Sand Dancer Patrick Roberts and more recently Ping Pong??

Isn't the Fat Jap's Son involved with City???

govwalker

As much as it’s funny to see a new money club get shafted.

Part of me is disgusted. Madrid and Barca have been at it for years. PSG are easily worst offenders. But uefa have no love for city and it shows. As we of all clubs have seen certain teams are judged to a different level to other clubs by uefa.

Hope they go on and win it this year to shove two fingers up at uefa.
Brexit mate :D

A1bertz

FFP is just a safeguard to stop the likes of us putting a cat amongst the pigeons.
No Chance....NONE. that Man City miss out on the big boys millions.

Commodore Carbuncle

Don't ban the loan system, just make them have a limit on youth players at the club and an obligation to enter youth competitions
That would be better than the current situation.
I don’t like the loan system, it allows massive clubs to stockpile players, good for 1% of clubs, terrible for everyone else.

Papac

I don't see the legal argument when they can 'earn' the money they've charged in sponsorship.

How hard is it it to charge and justify £5,000,000 for a box than the going rate?

What sort of legal issues are there with that - as morally dubious as it obviously is.

BobbyShearer

You need to laugh at UEFA dishing out bans for clubs spending shitloads of money.

It’s like the pub that sells the guy 16 pints of lager then gets the bouncer to batter him and the police to lift him.

brobert99

They will appeal and get a suspended ban I bet. UEFA won’t want them banned, they are one of the biggest teams in the Champions League which means ££££ for uefa

Paisleybear30

I'm curious to see if this is upheld and also what Peps response is.

Theres already a large number of people who think he only takes the "easy" jobs so interesting to see if he's willing to stick it out. He's still young enough to see it through so if he jumps at the first sign of trouble it would sully his reputation amongst a fair few I'd imagine