Man City banned from European competition for 2 seasons

Yet psg barca and real madrid even chelsea have been doing it for years and nothing
It's just told you, evidence came from emails.
UEFA can suspect whatever they like, but if Owner A, sends Sponsor B 200 million, and they pay it to the club, UEFA have no right or influence in asking these companies and people to disclose their personal situation and spending or dealings.

If City were stupid enough to put it in club emails and let themselves be hacked, hell mend them.

This will end up in court.

Nothing surer, they'll argue that its a business and they should be allowed to invest as they see fit. Can't really see them losing to be honest but surely they've submitted some sort of defence during the investigation?

How do man utd escape this?
Man United make unreal amounts of revenue each year worldwide from merchandising and sponsorship they are a massive brand worldwide and bring in a lot of money Man City although growing in terms of brand isnt anywhere near that so on paper they spend more than they earn

Liverpool will be loving this. Will put players off signing and strengthening citys team over the next 2 seasons giving Liverpool a one up!

Surely Juventus cant be working upon their means with the squad they have. Could make an argument it's the best squad in europe.

I'm going to guess what will happen is they'll appeal it, the 2 years will be suspended and they'll pay a larger fine.

Money wins, always.
This I would think, all day long. No way will city accept that ruling. Although look at the transfer ban and Chelsea, you never know

Pep needs to win it this year otherwise I think he's missed the boat. I wonder if the likes of De Bruyne etc will hang around with no UCL football on offer. Could be a bit of a fire sale, could also be an easy 2 premier titles with no midweek football.

There’s an easy way to fix football and make it fairer while still allowing clubs who make a shit load of money still have an advantage (which is fair enough).

Limit squad size.

Ban the loan system.

(Somehow) stop youth players moving across leagues for a pittance.

There’s an easy way to fix football and make it fairer while still allowing clubs who make a shit load of money still have an advantage (which is fair enough).

Limit squad size.

Ban the loan system.

(Somehow) stop youth players moving across leagues for a pittance.
Don't ban the loan system, just make them have a limit on youth players at the club and an obligation to enter youth competitions

As much as it’s funny to see a new money club get shafted.

Part of me is disgusted. Madrid and Barca have been at it for years. PSG are easily worst offenders. But uefa have no love for city and it shows. As we of all clubs have seen certain teams are judged to a different level to other clubs by uefa.

Hope they go on and win it this year to shove two fingers up at uefa.

PSG must be a lot worse surely nowhere near the income of an EPL team and playing in a diddy league.

Good. Hope this stops them spending stupid amounts of money. I think Pep has spent something like £400m on the defence alone.
We’re they not hit with a £50m fine by UEFA for this before?

Where does this stand regarding Youth players and loans??

I'm thinking about the Sand Dancer Patrick Roberts and more recently Ping Pong??

Isn't the Fat Japanese's Son involved with City???

As much as it’s funny to see a new money club get shafted.

Part of me is disgusted. Madrid and Barca have been at it for years. PSG are easily worst offenders. But uefa have no love for city and it shows. As we of all clubs have seen certain teams are judged to a different level to other clubs by uefa.

Hope they go on and win it this year to shove two fingers up at uefa.

Brexit mate :D

FFP is just a safeguard to stop the likes of us putting a cat amongst the pigeons.
No Chance....NONE. that Man City miss out on the big boys millions.

Don't ban the loan system, just make them have a limit on youth players at the club and an obligation to enter youth competitions
That would be better than the current situation.
I don’t like the loan system, it allows massive clubs to stockpile players, good for 1% of clubs, terrible for everyone else.

Back