Man City banned from European competition for 2 seasons

I don't see the legal argument when they can 'earn' the money they've charged in sponsorship.

How hard is it it to charge and justify £5,000,000 for a box than the going rate?

What sort of legal issues are there with that - as morally dubious as it obviously is.

You need to laugh at UEFA dishing out bans for clubs spending shitloads of money.

It’s like the pub that sells the guy 16 pints of lager then gets the bouncer to batter him and the police to lift him.

They will appeal and get a suspended ban I bet. UEFA won’t want them banned, they are one of the biggest teams in the Champions League which means ££££ for uefa

I'm curious to see if this is upheld and also what Peps response is.

Theres already a large number of people who think he only takes the "easy" jobs so interesting to see if he's willing to stick it out. He's still young enough to see it through so if he jumps at the first sign of trouble it would sully his reputation amongst a fair few I'd imagine

How unfair! Just because their expert negotiators were able to get hundreds of millions for the stadium naming rights doesn't mean they are funded by the back door!

I expect the same point has already been made but let's imagine Real Madrid or Barcelona up on identical charges?

iu

Im actually not sure if a bigger payment will cover it this time. UEFA have come out and said that this is an example of action, they have intentionally went hard. If they drop it down, where is the example being made?

They have been bending the rules for years especially with the Etihad sponsorship deal they pulled a few years back.

They shouldn’t be the first to be punished like this, I’d like think a few other clubs would be next.

Can't imagine pep will want to hang about if that's the case. Will have a big impact on them bringing in top players to try and beat Liverpool next year.

3 or 4 years ago I was invited to The Ethihad (via a contact of Mrs SS) to an incredibly dull CL game as the guest of their Chief Procurement Officer.

He's no longer their but he told me that across the 4 clubs (the others being in US, Japan and Aus) they had 14 different companies and that they'd always find a way round FFP! :))

Pep back to Barca please.

They're saying they're going to appeal it though so no doubt it'll get reduced/thrown out altogether.

I'm going to guess what will happen is they'll appeal it, the 2 years will be suspended and they'll pay a larger fine.

Money wins, always.

Agreed, would be surprised if they actually need to serve this ban. If they do, should the EPL lose its 4th place, or will a 5th place team get a qualifying spot instead?

I am glad a marker is finally being put down but if uefa is serious about this then let's be honest it's not just Man City.

Back