Man City charged by Premier Leaue

They will get a fine and nothing more once people are bored of the story after a few months. The premier league was formed to make as much money as possible for clubs and Sky TV and that's still its main aim.

Wealthy owners propping up clubs in England has been the big reason for clubs continuing to outspend the rest of Europe. Media rights for the EPL haven't increased much since 2016 yet clubs are spending more than ever each year on wages and transfer fees. Its all getting funding by the owners and if they ever limit it you would see clubs having to massively downgrade the quality of player they have.

And yet for two years in a row City have topped the money league, look at the global pull of the clubs they are beating.

Maybe I'm wrong, and the World is full of people wearing City shirts, but I doubt if they have more fans on this planet than Arsenal, for example.

It will also be interesting to keep an eye on Newcastle's progress up this table.
They have a 50,000 seater stadium that they can hardly fill out on most match days but yet they are trying to make out they have the highest revenue in world football. Not a chance.

You never see a Bayern top until you go on holiday to Majorca, then it’s all you see for the next 2 weeks.
when was the last time bayern spent 600m in a season

there season tickets affordable fans zones
decent beer and food ( fully cooked hotdogs )

just because you see the green and grey gorilla glued onto the mhanky bassas backs doesnt mean there the most succesfull

most people dont do aye i need to do to go abroad ill show how much of a peado they are

Purely anecdotal but I live between Malaysia / Thailand / Singapore throughout the year

Man Utd and Liverpool merchandise is everywhere. Occasionally Arsenal. There's also tons of Man U/Liverpool specific bars, and generally when you go to watch football on a Saturday they're the games that are showing.

Not once in my 5 years in this region have I ever seen anyone in a Man City top. Never spoke to an Asian Man City fan. It's plainly obvious that their success just hasn't translated into any global interest in the club and there's zero chance they're generating organic revenue from outside their owners.

The ridiculous thing is that anyone with a brain has known this for about 10 years. Both the EPL and UEFA are corrupt and the timing of this stinks. Man City had already breached FFP rules by 2013 and should have been banned from that moment but there was clearly some backhanders going on behind the scenes. For this to emerge in 2023 is quite laughable

Purely anecdotal but I live between Malaysia / Thailand / Singapore throughout the year

Man Utd and Liverpool merchandise is everywhere. Occasionally Arsenal. There's also tons of Man U/Liverpool specific bars, and generally when you go to watch football on a Saturday they're the games that are showing.

Not once in my 5 years in this region have I ever seen anyone in a Man City top. Never spoke to an Asian Man City fan. It's plainly obvious that their success just hasn't translated into any global interest in the club and there's zero chance they're generating organic revenue from outside their owners.

The ridiculous thing is that anyone with a brain has known this for about 10 years. Both the EPL and UEFA are corrupt and the timing of this stinks. Man City had already breached FFP rules by 2013 and should have been banned from that moment but there was clearly some backhanders going on behind the scenes. For this to emerge in 2023 is quite laughable
only citeh tops i see aboad is noel gallagher

when was the last time bayern spent 600m in a season

there season tickets affordable fans zones
decent beer and food ( fully cooked hotdogs )

just because you see the green and grey gorilla glued onto the mhanky bassas backs doesnt mean there the most succesfull

most people dont do aye i need to do to go abroad ill show how much of a peado they are
Bayern have nearly 300k members, many pay 60 euros a year.

Matchday prices also:

Standing always sold out.

Season cards for 17 matches go as high as 765 euros. Not a great deal are available for under 200 euros - standing ones.

When Bayern play Munich is absolutely swamped with day trippers, you can’t move for club shop bags etc…

Bayern have nearly 300k members, many pay 60 euros a year.

Matchday prices also:

Standing always sold out.

Season cards for 17 matches go as high as 765 euros. Not a great deal are available for under 200 euros - standing ones.

When Bayern play Munich is absolutely swamped with day trippers, you can’t move for club shop bags etc…
wazza fuik?

so fly in day trippers to man citeh is better than ( FANS ) that enjoy going and ae cheaper

oh and the dont pipe in fake fans singing btw

Brilliant post mate

Great. So cos Man u and Liverpool have massive income streams in the far east and no club should be able to financially challenge that. Thats how it seems the FFP rules have been set up. It might be fairer if only income generated in the uk was considered as fair earnings. Either that or have an expenditure and wages cap relative to earnings made through match day income only. They wont go for that though.

Great. So cos Man u and Liverpool have massive income streams in the far east and no club should be able to financially challenge that. Thats how it seems the FFP rules have been set up. It might be fairer if only income generated in the uk was considered as fair earnings. Either that or have an expenditure and wages cap relative to earnings made through match day income only. They wont go for that though.
I’m not saying its fair - I actually disagree with FFP rules as they stand because they seek to keep the status quo old money clubs at the top

But the FFP rules are the current rules (and have been for some time) - and its clear Man City’s owners have been abusing them

Whether those rules should exist is another story - I’d personally be in favour of dismantling them and levelling the playing field in other ways

I only watch Rangers so I'm just reading this for the first time.

I doubt there will be any title stripping. The league won't want to be caught up in court cases for a decade.

Fine and points deduction I reckon.

one of the comments i've heard is that the Man City merchandise revenue stream is higher than the likes of global fan base teams such as Man U, Liverpool, Barcelona & R Madrid

akin to Aberdeen publishing merch numbers higher than us or the Yahoos

thats leading to questions over their bookkeeping

The rules are a farce tbh, if they can afford it the owners should be allowed to spend what they please. If uefa and the english fa are worried about the club not being able to fund itself when they owner leaves then they could easily put something in place so if the owner decides to go the clubs still okay. 3 to 5 years worth of running costs could be put in a bond where the owner looses the money if he leaves a club in a hole financially. the money then goes to the club to cover costs. They super rich Arabs wouldn’t blink at the sums involved that they would have to put up. ffp was brought in to appease the bigger clubs to stop smaller clubs ever being able to compete with them.

They'll get a significant points deduction (maybe for a few seasons) and a transfer ban I reckon.

If you want a perfect example of what's a financial mess this situation is, its £40 million for Kalvin Philips.

Imagine paying that much money for a player to play around 160 minutes of football, mainly consisting of 1 63 minute start, and the rest sub performances.

It was crazy money to begin with, but the fact they can afford to do that is mental.

40 million to them is like us throwing away a fiver. In fact we would probably need that fiver back before they needed that 40 million back.

The EPL won't dare have a retrospective punishment due to the can of worms that can open.
They will get a points deduction for 3 seasons, perhaps a transfer ban, and their owners will sell up and they'll be relegated.

Chelsea must be a cert to be next then ?
Apparently Chelsea have done a Man Utd in terms of splashing the cash.

They have structured it in a way so that they are paying hundreds of millions over the next 3-4 years in order to stay within the FFP rules.

Was it not the case that the hacker who obtained all the emails, (who’s in jail still I believe), amended and doctored said emails to suit his own agenda?

This will most probably play out similar to the Barcelona stuff at the start of the season. Rumours of not being able to register players and all sorts yet nothing happened and they're sitting pretty at the top of the league.

Apparently Chelsea have done a Man Utd in terms of splashing the cash.

They have structured it in a way so that they are paying hundreds of millions over the next 3-4 years in order to stay within the FFP rules.
That was the hold up in the Fernandez deal as I remember, negotiating about how Benfica would get their £100m

Read a few comments from fans of the orcs doing mental gymnastics trying to get Rangers into this conversation. What City have been accused of is actually cheating. Rangers used what at the time was a perfectly legitimate way of trying to pay less tax

Presumably Oliver Holt's regulator, will, if they get there way, re-distribute part of the Premier's money to the English lower leagues. Thus making ALL of the English clubs richer than any in the Spanish, German, or Italian leagues? Where does that put Scotland. We will have to source foreign players from Outer Mongolia at this rate.

Celtic has made it clear that Manchester City FC is a separate legal entity and any connection with the Chairman‘s son Mark Lawwell is tenuous as he had nothing to do with anything, knew nothing about anything and wasn’t involved in anything and did nothing.
The “very special relationship” or “great relationship” that Celtic has, soon to be had, or indeed to be completely airbrushed, amounted to nothing at all.

For your own sake, stop it lol
Ntcham deal is the one that could be worth a better investigation. Would it really be a surprise if that club used the Liewell connection to help Man City get around FFP rules whilst allowing themselves to get players they couldn't otherwise afford?

Some interesting stuff on it here. Lot of the discussion about punishments and retrospective actions, "what ifs", "match fixing", "doping" etc reminded me of 2012.

City have sponsorship with companies who have no employees, obvious financial doping.
Mancini getting £1.75m from a Qatari company for 4 days coaching a year as well as City wages.
City have larger commercial income than Real, Barca, ManU, Bayern and Liverpool. Who are they trying to kid .
PSG are no different
If you can provide proof their sponsorship companies have no employees you have them bang to rights. If you read it on a Liverpool message board, probably not.

This is the defining moment in whether there is any intention for the footballing authorities to enforce the rules on footballing finances. A fine means nothing to City, if that's what they get, it will be a free for all moving forward and other mega rich clubs will do the same.

They’ll get a fine at least for all the good it’ll do, no chance the football authorities aren’t taking their chance to dip their owners pockets for some free money.

We all know it's a fine that the Arabs can afford, not a points reduction, demotion or titles lost. Its not backward north britain like us.

Time to end the FFP scam

I'd agree the biggest clubs will probably always find some way round it.

What they should do is introduce a salary and transfer cap and make things a more level playing field again for clubs from smaller countries.

Who told you that?
Pretty factual and well known to be fair to the fella:

It’s definitely closer to 40k than 35k for City on the season ticket front now.

Last edited:
I only watch Rangers so I'm just reading this for the first time.

I doubt there will be any title stripping. The league won't want to be caught up in court cases for a decade.

Fine and points deduction I reckon.
Should never happen no matter the outcome of the case.

I'd agree the biggest clubs will probably always find some way round it.

What they should do is introduce a salary and transfer cap and make things a more level playing field again for clubs from smaller countries.
It needs something but just not the big established CL clubs (super league pushers) putting every other club in a Full Nelson headlock to maintain their top dog status. FFP is the tool that does that for them meaning no more pesky upstarts challenging, or having the financial clout to take their place. Ever.

Last edited:
Back