Man City fans 'celebration' after a 93rd minutes winning 'goal'

hullohullo2304

I am almost lost for words.

Is that not one of the most limp, pathetic sights you have ever seen?

Granted it went to VAR but when the ball hits the net surely you would be going absolutely mental?

That's the last minute, after a game like that, where emotions have been all over the place, to take your team into the Semi Final of the Champions League.

As much as they play classy, easy on the eye football, that support almost makes me hate them.

I am almost lost for words.

Is that not one of the most limp, pathetic sights you have ever seen?

Granted it went to VAR but when the ball hits the net surely you would be going absolutely mental?

That's the last minute, after a game like that, where emotions have been all over the place, to take your team into the Semi Final of the Champions League.

As much as they play classy, easy on the eye football, that support almost makes me hate them.
So happy they got papped out

311t4yg.jpg

It was the one thing that was missing from last nights game.

As good as the game was it was missing a loud passionate crowd.
You must have watched with the sound off , it was loud and proud .City fans did their bit last night. The Turkish Timmy Thomson did for them.

Watched the highlights today and at points it panned to the Manchester City crowd where it seemed that Asian tourists with face paint on were trying their hardest to look devastated after a Spurs goal!?
A lot of those "fans" will be online right now wondering why they can't find tickets for the semi.

Tin hat on but anyone else think we are on thin ice with this one slagging another set of fans for lack of noise/enthusiasm?

Cup replay at Ibrox just over a month ago, our last chance to maybe win a trophy and 50,000 of us sat in disgrunted silence for 90 minutes.

It's not really the same though is it?

If your going to compare our atmosphere to last night at least do it on a level playing field i.e a past champions league night or even the Vienna game this season.

That's pathetic FFS.

Jesus wept, when Windass scored against the mhanks at Ibrox last season, the skin was almost entirely removed from my shins and I think I took two elbows to the eyes.

Tin hat on but anyone else think we are on thin ice with this one slagging another set of fans for lack of noise/enthusiasm?

Cup replay at Ibrox just over a month ago, our last chance to maybe win a trophy and 50,000 of us sat in disgrunted silence for 90 minutes.

Do you think there'd be a lack of atmosphere at Ibrox if we scored an injury time winner to go into a CL final?...

Been having a lot of fun today with some of the boys working for me. They mostly go to games but they really aren't that arsed about last night. I would be in a foul mood for days after that.

I was lucky enough to be in The Kippax at Maine Road in the late eighties. It was a great part of the ground, loads of singing and cracking atmosphere, and I can assure any doubters that Man City had a great Loyalist following back then.
The move to the current stadium and the influx of new fans due the money around the club has had a detrimental affect on the whole ethos of Manchester City FC. It’s hard to connect those mad passionate fans in The Kippax with the 21st century Man City fans.

I'm just surprised it is not all bellends with their mobile phones out.

Compare to one of our games. When we scored in the Europa Cup it was carnage ffs.

Aye but the spurs fans on Twitter claimed we were pathetic for that 3rd goal against Rapid. I was going mental and couldn't give a fuuk what folk thought as every bear was doing the same.

Then someone posted their clap celebration for the goal they scored against Barca. Now that was pathetic.

The place went mental when Aguero scored against QPR. Parochial EPL attitude towards the CL maybe?

Not particularly relevant but a City mate who travelled up from london to watch the game last night was talking about how VAR is killing atmosphere at games.
We haven’t had to suffer it yet.
Can imagine how detrimental it would be. Imagine jumping about mad after a goal to then have a referee point to a monitor at the side of the pitch and to then have to sit and wait and see if you can celebrate.
Kills all the spontaneity and like he said, you’d be as well watching it on tv at home.

I was lucky enough to be in The Kippax at Maine Road in the late eighties. It was a great part of the ground, loads of singing and cracking atmosphere, and I can assure any doubters that Man City had a great Loyalist following back then.
The move to the current stadium and the influx of new fans due the money around the club has had a detrimental affect on the whole ethos of Manchester City FC. It’s hard to connect those mad passionate fans in The Kippax with the 21st century Man City fans.
i know a couple of city fans who "done their bit" for the loyalist cause.

There’s large sections that the crowd went absalutely balistic
That could be the family section ffs.

I get the criticism of Man City, but they have a very loyal and passionate fan base who supported them in relatively big numbers through the doldrum years of the ‘90s.

Maybe they struggle to fill their ground at times, maybe they have attracted a lot of tourists, but the idea their whole support are prawn sandwich eating glory hunters is just bobbins.

Back