Man City fans 'celebration' after a 93rd minutes winning 'goal'

I was there last night. One of the best atmospheres at a game I’ve been at in many many years.
The Etihad was bouncing for 90 minutes!
I saw the disallowed goal earlier today and you can see from the camera shaking what it was like. Unbelievable

I have no idea where your recording is from. Looks like family section.
Spurs fans of course added to the atmosphere and you could still hear them celebrating long after the final whistle

It's not really the same though is it?

If your going to compare our atmosphere to last night at least do it on a level playing field i.e a past champions league night or even the Vienna game this season.
CL Semi Final? What do you think it would be like at Ibrox if we got a last minute goal.

They’re nothing more than a wee team with a lot of money. Same goes for PSG.

We need more big English teams in the Premier League like Leeds and Derby and hopefully the bubble will burst for Man City at some point.

I get the criticism of Man City, but they have a very loyal and passionate fan base who supported them in relatively big numbers through the doldrum years of the ‘90s.

Maybe they struggle to fill their ground at times, maybe they have attracted a lot of tourists, but the idea their whole support are prawn sandwich eating glory hunters is just bobbins.
I've been working down here for over 3.5 years and most of the City fans that actually talk football are proper football fans. Whereas with the Man U fans I've experienced a lot of them don't seem to be particular avid football fans and I've had examples such as the following (and yes still plenty proper fans among them too in the office):
  • Me asking if they think they will win tonight and them not knowing they were playing.
  • Me mentioning an iconic Man U match or goal from years ago and them not remembering it.
Now of course this is just one office where I work, and I do wind up the City fans sometimes for these tourist and glory hunter fans. And I don't really favour either City or Utd tbh/don't bother going to any games down here even though I live close to Old Trafford. But just also wanted to add some balance to the thread...

Also could that clip have been of the family section? :D

That is pretty lame. Id be going spare if that were Rangers. One guy seems more obsessed with pulling his pants up, while another gets the phone out right away. It might just be tourists though, as I doubt real working class fans could afford front row seats.

I dont want to bash City fans in general as they stood by their club through the dark days of Div 2 and many are not johnny-come-lately's

There was no fake crowd noise ffs!

Some people really shouldn’t be so gullible lol
Okay, dont get your knickers in a twist. I took the post at face value. I didnt care enough to investigate it. FYI I almost posted yesterday the atmosphere put to bed the idea City's ground was a library. Ive also backed City's support as loyal throughout this thread.

Out of interest if its fake how do you know?

I'm watching the BBC North news and it just showed a man city fan calmly leaving the stadium before the final whistle, the reporter says how disappointed are you with that result to which the guy looks at him bewildered and says why? We won!!! The reporter has to inform him var ruled it out

A couple of things, firstly if the Gers had just scored an injury time winner to reach the CL semi final, you'd find me still in the stadium singing and secondly how the heck could anyone leave before the final whistle in that game!!!

The crowd was going mental when the 5th went in.
As for the pre match display, it was the best I’ve ever seen in an English stadium. Atmosphere? Beats anything we’ve ever seen at Anfield or Old Trafford on European nights.
This place seems to going a bit mental at the moment. City are getting as much abuse as the filth on here. The most chronic and ironic thing about it all is that most of the haters are now fully signed up the previous ‘ mentally challengeds of England ‘.

City were a great club back in the day. Not overly successful but loyal, we had a great affiliation with busses going down regular to Maine Rd. There's folk on here who can't wait to post about their hangup with city's support.
The ‘ mentally challengeds of England ‘ are now the go to club on here.
It really is unbelievable.

Do you think there'd be a lack of atmosphere at Ibrox if we scored an injury time winner to go into a CL final?...

Of course not but i watched the highlights of the game this morning and there seemed to be plenty of noise when that "winner" went in.

I mind city were pulling in crowds of 30,000 plus when they were in the 3rd tier and utd were winning everything.

Sure, they will have a few tourists straight out of that sketch in The Fast Show but they have a loyal fanbase who stood by the club long before the shiek popped up.

Okay, dont get your knickers in a twist. I took the post at face value. I didnt care enough to investigate it. FYI I almost posted yesterday the atmosphere put to bed the idea City's ground was a library. Ive also backed City's support as loyal throughout this thread.

Out of interest if its fake how do you know?

Because I was there. It was an amazing atmosphere last night.

I was down a few seasons ago for a game against Hull , I’m sure McGregor was in goals, anyway City were trailing 1-0 for most of the game and the crowd were awful and atmosphere was flat. Milner did score a screamer of a free kick to equalise

Man City are a proper team with great support. Of course they now have hangers on since the cash landed. Rangers were the same, post Souness there was people buying season tickets that couldn't spell football 12 months previously.

Tourist club!
Aaaccord
As for the pre match display, it was the best I’ve ever seen in an English stadium. Atmosphere? Beats anything we’ve ever seen at Anfield or Old Trafford on European nights.
This place seems to going a bit mental at the moment. City are getting as much abuse as the filth on here. The most chronic and ironic thing about it all is that most of the haters are now fully signed up the previous ‘ mentally challengeds of England ‘.

See your spin of city not having the tourist support? Was kind of put to bed in the first 30 seconds of Tv footage of the crowd. Every second person was Chinese, Japanese or Arabic.

Only thing that ruined last nights match was when the Spurs fans decided to sing that awful cringy version of their "Ohhhh whhhhhennn thhhhe Spuuuurrrrrss..."

Must be the most fuckin uninspiring song ever sung by a football fan worldwide. They should be thrown out and banned for ever attending a match again for at least life.

I was lucky enough to be in The Kippax at Maine Road in the late eighties. It was a great part of the ground, loads of singing and cracking atmosphere, and I can assure any doubters that Man City had a great Loyalist following back then.
The move to the current stadium and the influx of new fans due the money around the club has had a detrimental affect on the whole ethos of Manchester City FC. It’s hard to connect those mad passionate fans in The Kippax with the 21st century Man City fans.
I don’t know how, I still meet the same guys I did in the 1980s who still follow City all over the place. My mates said the atmosphere was brilliant last night but again FF has its resident City haters who love starting or commenting about them.

Better than any atmosphere seen at anfield on a European night...ok mate :D

Last edited:
My 12 year old son was there and said the atmosphere was terrible. Don't know if he was in family section but said when the goals went in it was like Rangers scoring to make it 3-0 against Dundee

I was lucky enough to be in The Kippax at Maine Road in the late eighties. It was a great part of the ground, loads of singing and cracking atmosphere, and I can assure any doubters that Man City had a great Loyalist following back then.
The move to the current stadium and the influx of new fans due the money around the club has had a detrimental affect on the whole ethos of Manchester City FC. It’s hard to connect those mad passionate fans in The Kippax with the 21st century Man City fans.
Perhaps a bit similar to the modern day Rangers support and the days of the old Derry.
Sign of the times all over. The old male working class ethos of the terracings are long gone sadly.

Almost as funny as Guardiola jumping about the place mad style, only for the goal to be chopped off.
Would Klopp not be doing the same had Liverpool not got a late winner. I would but if it was Rangers or City, just VAR is now an issue, maybe we should all wait every goal till Var gives it the all clear.

These threads are of the same ilk of comments section made by English fans regarding Scottish football.

Misinformed and point scoring.

After one of the best games we’ve seen in the champions league in years, people are moaning about this. If the game was boring, we’d have 100s of threads “that’s why I don’t watch the champ league, typicsl boring epl game, elitist teams blah blah

We don’t have the money they have, that’s all the jealously is about.

This is why teams like Aberdeen, hibs, and every other team in Scotland hates rangers. We were the elite team, it’s the same compassion when we call st mirren fans nobody’s. We’re nobody to the likes of Man City, no matter what we call them.

Blame the SFA and SFL, I’ll applaud the big chiefs of the EPL and EFL, the marketing of their league has benefited not only their club teams but now their national team.

While up in Scotland we just hate on everybody.

Go have a can of juice and look forward to the semis.

Aaaccord

See your spin of city not having the tourist support? Was kind of put to bed in the first 30 seconds of Tv footage of the crowd. Every second person was Chinese, Japanese or Arabic.

Their so called ' tourist support ' is miniscule compared to their two main rivals.

Definitely. The only comparison would be the last half an hour of the Liverpool v St.Etienne game in 1977.
The fake crowd noises were turned up full blast right enough.

The “big club” were handing out Fa cup semi final tickets for free and are now putting on free busses so there ain’t thousands of empty seats. Tinpot

Would Klopp not be doing the same had Liverpool not got a late winner. I would but if it was Rangers or City, just VAR is now an issue, maybe we should all wait every goal till Var gives it the all clear.
Yes, the natural reaction is to celebrate the goal.

Can you imagine if it was treacle teeth!!!

The “big club” were handing out Fa cup semi final tickets for free and are now putting on free busses so there ain’t thousands of empty seats. Tinpot

The players are paying for the buses as a thank you to the support. Great gesture that you have somehow managed to spin into a negative.

The club are going to pay for the rest of the buses.

An unprecedented domestic treble is going to really hurt some on here

I feel sorry for their genuine fans who stuck with them through all the hard years in and out of the lower leagues.
For all the johnny come lately tourist fans all I can say is bwahahahahah, get it up you.

The players are paying for the buses as a thank you to the support. Great gesture that you have somehow managed to spin into a negative.

The club are going to pay for the rest of the buses.

An unprecedented domestic treble is going to really hurt some on here
They could easy win the treble but Pep and the board wanted the European cup but they failed miserably even with a relatively easy passage to the final.

Winning the champions league is the only way they will ever be taking seriously on the big stage.

They could easy win the treble but Pep and the board wanted the European cup but they failed miserably even with a relatively easy passage to the final.

Winning the champions league is the only way they will ever be taking seriously on the big stage.

Aye the domestic treble is easy .. that’s why it has never been done before

I got a wee corporate jolly to the Ethiad a few seasons back for the local derby against Man U. I couldn't believe how shit the atmosphere was. Crap game too.

Not particularly relevant but a City mate who travelled up from london to watch the game last night was talking about how VAR is killing atmosphere at games.
We haven’t had to suffer it yet.
Can imagine how detrimental it would be. Imagine jumping about mad after a goal to then have a referee point to a monitor at the side of the pitch and to then have to sit and wait and see if you can celebrate.
Kills all the spontaneity and like he said, you’d be as well watching it on tv at home.

Aye, much better to just have teams qualifying for CL semi finals etc on the back of offside goals...

Loads of Plastic glory hunting fans....every time BT sport cut to a crowd scene it was loads of Chinese tourists. Delighted they got papped out. And when your pipping in fake crowd noise to a game of that importance when you can’t rely on the support to do it themselves, well that’s just pathetic

Aye the domestic treble is easy .. that’s why it has never been done before
Never easy but your chances go up massively when your cup run opponents consist of Burton, Newport, Oxford, Rotherham, Swansea and Fulham.

Also the teams they faced in the champions league was Lyon, Shakhtar, Hoffenheim, Schalke, Spurs then a potential semi against Ajax. You literally couldn’t have picked an easier run in if you tried.

I landed on my back rows in front when Morelos scored the 3rd against Rapid!

That 'celebration' is fùcking pathetic, I've seen more emotion at Petershill.

I'm in my fifties, FFS, and I ended up falling into the row in front that night, up in the Copland :D

As you say, fucking pathetic "celebrations" in the section shown, although it seemed livelier elsewhere on TV

p.s. I was a "tourist" at their earlier CL match v Hoffenheim and can confirm that the atmosphere in there on that CL night was pathetic. I should have known better given how easily I could get tickets for a CL group game. If it had been us, tickets would have been like gold

City are a mediocre club.

There are 3 teams in England - Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Spurs, Everton and Villa are much bigger clubs than City.

Happy for the yids.

The fake crowd noises is actually fake news spread by the usual suspects down south. City have really got to the United and Liverpool support. They eat away at them now the way we do with the mentally challengeds. Marvellous.

Back