Man City make bid for Harry Kane

Mbappe went for almost double that as a teenager before he won anything.
Haaland will also be far more and has won nothing.
£100 million for an absolute proven goal scorer and England captain really isn’t excessive by modern standards at all.
It's hard to draw a comparison with either Mbappé and Haaland. Those two are clearly precocious talents and I'm sure their respective stats will dwarf Kane's at a similar age. I don't think being the England captain or a proven goalscorer means much if you haven't delivered a single trophy for club or country. And it's not like he hasn't had chances. In my view, he's never worth that money, by any measure.

It's hard to draw a comparison with either Mbappé and Haaland. Those two are clearly precocious talents and I'm sure their respective stats will dwarf Kane's at a similar age. I don't think being the England captain or a proven goalscorer means much if you haven't delivered a single trophy for club or country. And it's not like he hasn't had chances. In my view, he's never worth that money, by any measure.
Fair enough. In the current market I suspect you are massively in the minority with your opinion right enough.

I think if Man City could persuade Spurs to accept a Raheem Sterling + cash deal for Kane it would be a smart move for 'The Citizens'.

I used to think Kane was another over-rated EPL England player.

You watch him and he has absolutely everything a top striker has and has developed the ability(ironically like Morelos given the comparison) to drop deep and contribute and distribute.

Higuain went for €90m ffs.

Not speedy but an amazing finisher, great link up, can head it, can make assists etc.

But I've had players everyone rated that I didn't get in the past. I always thought Clarence Seedorf and Frank Ribery seemed useless anytime I saw them but they seemed to do alright in their careers!
The beauty of the game is how everyone sees it differently.
Ribery, I thought he was an ok player, for me, he ran down too many blind alleys.
Seedorf though, was an exceptional player. Work rate, range of passing and strength in a tackle.
I would actually rather have morelos in this rangers team than Kane, due to how we are set up. Kane is the better striker though

They should really go for Haaland, Lukaku or Mbappe. It’s not just about being better players, they’re also younger fitter players too.

Last edited:

Harry Kane: Man City make £100m transfer bid for Tottenham striker.​

According to Sky sports, surely someone is having a laugh.
How much would Lukaku go for now. A real superstar!

True, but if there is a bidding war this window (which I would expect) clubs will have to pay a premium to get him now which I would think would push him north of £100m.
Haven't read the whole thread so not sure if been covered but........there wouldn't be a bidding war. If the buy out is £70m then he could agree to go to that club. Let's say City offer £100m and Real only £70m then he can pick to go to go to Real for the £70m fee. Any club wanting him would be better off just offering the £70m and then offering him say a £20m signing on fee. Still better than paying £100m for him. So no bidding war.

Back