Man City make bid for Harry Kane

Spurs will try to hold on to Kane because they are a 2nd tier 'top club' who know they will never attract a player as good as him as a replacement, no matter how much they spend.

Who in their right mind would go to Spurs?

Both clubs need a striker, both clubs able and willing to pay big £

City offering players + £ suggests they value him higher than £100m. Man Utd need a top striker if they want to compete for the title any time soon

Can see him eventually going for £120m+
It's a myth mate. One team makes a bid. It gets accepted. Team 2 makes the same bid. It gets accepted

Spurs will try to hold on to Kane because they are a 2nd tier 'top club' who know they will never attract a player as good as him as a replacement, no matter how much they spend.

Who in their right mind would go to Spurs?
They won't replace him and Levy won't hand the money over either think that's why Conte turned down the managers job.

Spurs are going downhill badly atm.

I think the record will report the hidden facts that Kane will be swapped + cash for an outstanding French under 21 player as he wants to reach his full potential.

I watch a lot of Spurs (unfortunately) and I'm still puzzled why the majority of FF seem to think Harry Kane is shite, he's anything but, he's always had goals in his locker but his link up play has improved as has his assist ratio

Then again a lot of FF wanted Rangers to sign Dykes
I think most would agree that he's a good goalscorer, but we can also agree that he's never worth £100m in a million years.

Some may disagree but for me Alfredo Morelos is better than Kane . £100 million for Kane , is someone having a laugh here ? You could get Morelos for £20 million and save £80 million and get a younger , better player .
I love Alfie but this is utter nonsense. Kane and Lewandowski are the best out and out number 9’s on the planet.

He’s have maybe scored more but wouldn’t have created as many . I much prefer watching Morelos in his pomp than Kane .

Paying over 100 million for a 28 year old Kane when you could get a four years young Morelos for a fraction of the price strikes me as nuts .
The same Harry Kane that had the most assists in the league last season?

You’re definitely at it.

Alfie is better than Harry Kane goes up alongside Luis Suarez is past it and couldn't play in rangers system as top 10 FF howlers.

Eye watering transfer fees nowadays,I know it was decades ago and inflation has went through the roof but 100 grand for Colin Stein.

It doesn’t matter how many assists he’s had he isn’t worth £80 million more than Morelos . Fact
You do realise saying fact at the end of your opinion really doesn’t make it a fact.

You are embarrassing yourself with this.

You do realise saying fact at the end of your opinion really doesn’t make it a fact.

You are embarrassing yourself with this.
I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind on this mate . I’m saying if there were two doors in front of me right now , one with Morelos behind it and a bag holding £80 million, and another door with just Harry Kane behind it , I know what door I’m choosing . I don’t know why that seems to have triggered so many negative responses . Morelos is vastly under rated by so many of our support and I just don’t understand it . If you want to pay £100 million for Harry Kane then go ahead but I’ll save £80 million and buy Morelos .

If he had pace he would be genuinely world class for me he's a level below it.

Kane will score shit loads at Man City but if your looking long term it should be Haaland.
Scores loads of goals in the PL,

Won world cup golden boot.

But nah, not world class because he can't run as fast as some others.

Kane's a top quality striker.
It will be interesting to see what fee he goes for,a tad injury prone imo.But will score goals wherever he decides to go.

I think Kane is what Utd need, but equally any team benefits from having him. I just don’t “see” him as a City striker, but no doubt he’ll end up there.

I watch a lot of Spurs (unfortunately) and I'm still puzzled why the majority of FF seem to think Harry Kane is shite, he's anything but, he's always had goals in his locker but his link up play has improved as has his assist ratio

Then again a lot of FF wanted Rangers to sign Dykes

not sure anyone thinks Harry Kane is shite , given the fee being bandied about Man city would get better value for money with Mbappe or haaland ...........

I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind on this mate . I’m saying if there were two doors in front of me right now , one with Morelos behind it and a bag holding £80 million, and another door with just Harry Kane behind it , I know what door I’m choosing . I don’t know why that seems to have triggered so many negative responses . Morelos is vastly under rated by so many of our support and I just don’t understand it . If you want to pay £100 million for Harry Kane then go ahead but I’ll save £80 million and buy Morelos .
Nothing wrong with that. Just common sense.

I think most would agree that he's a good goalscorer, but we can also agree that he's never worth £100m in a million years.

He's not worth 100m on the basis that no football player should be worth that amount of money. But in the modern market? If McGuire is worth 80m and Pepe 70m how is Harry Kane not worth 100m? He's on track to be the highest scorer in the history of the English Premier League.

I didn't think Carlos Pena being called a rolls royce would be topped for lunacy on this forum, but Morelos being better than Harry Kane is god damn close.

He's not worth 100m on the basis that no football player should be worth that amount of money. But in the modern market? If McGuire is worth 80m and Pepe 70m how is Harry Kane not worth 100m? He's on track to be the highest scorer in the history of the English Premier League.
Yes, of course, no footballer is worth such an obscene amount of money, but if we put aside the morality of it, Manchester Utd and Arsenal paying those kind of sums for average talent like Maguire and Pepe is why those clubs are where they are. For £100m, I'd be expecting at the very least a proven winner, or a truly special talent like Mbappé or Haaland. Kane is neither.

Nonsense; saying Kane's the better player isn't disrespecting Alfie

Yes, of course, no footballer is worth such an obscene amount of money, but if we put aside the morality of it, Manchester Utd and Arsenal paying those kind of sums for average talent like Maguire and Pepe is why those clubs are where they are. For £100m, I'd be expecting at the very least a proven winner, or a truly special talent like Mbappé or Haaland. Kane is neither.
Mbappe went for almost double that as a teenager before he won anything.
Haaland will also be far more and has won nothing.
£100 million for an absolute proven goal scorer and England captain really isn’t excessive by modern standards at all.

Anyone who doesn’t think Kane is a fantastic player need to start watching sone other sport, don’t be influenced by his recent injuries and two poor games for England, where he is still carrying an injury, but £100m is ridiculous.

Back