Match Thread Man City 1-0 Inter Milan

Who wins tonight?

• Man City

Votes: 417 75.7%
  • Inter

Votes: 134 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For some reason (Guardiola's smugness?) I would like Inter to win, but I think it will be a comfortable win for City.

I usually support British teams (apart from one) against those Johnny Foreigners but perhaps not tonight. City are good to watch but utterly soulless.
I’m the opposite. Usually don’t want Premier League sides getting anything, but the constant greeting about City as though they’re the first side to ever spend money to win trophies and the lack of concern for that type of thing when it was Chelsea doing it via a dodgy Russian oligarch, has me backing City tonight.

I reckon the flood of tears if they do that treble will be quite something. On the flip side there’ll be a tsunami of jizz if they %^*& it up :))

Could well have been.

Wonder if there will ever be a Portuguese v French final again? Not likely
Benfica and Porto are regular quarter final stages and with PSG likely to get it right one year it’s not totally out of the equation.

I’d say it was a bigger shock then than it would be now.

Free to air on BT, Web, Apps, Virgin, You Tube etc, only question mark was Sky due to their encryption system. As part of the deal to pick up the UEFA games BT (now WBD/TNT) have to free to air the finals. There used to be a stipulation for a game live free to air during the group stages, hence the tie up with ITV originally.

I think Inter will put up a good performance tonight, they've had a great season and appear to be underestimated by pundits.
But if City are on their usual form I aren't sure there is a club side in the world who can live with them.

A very comfortable city win IMHO , probably by 3 goals.

Hopefully Inter can prove me wrong, though.

Don't think it'll be as straightforward as people think, but I do think City will win it in the end. I'll go 2-0 but with the goals coming quite late on.

Don't think it'll be as straightforward as people think, but I do think City will win it in the end. I'll go 2-0 but with the goals coming quite late on.
Me neither. I think City at times in the CL have struggled a bit with being favourites or expected to go and win and that’s why we’ve seen a few collapses. I think them being heavy favourites and Inter being underdogs will suit Inter down to the ground.

Ive just got a feeling for Inter tonight.
Even winning it on penalties.
You just know whats coming from a top Italian team.
Schooled in the dark arts I think we will see it in spades tonight.

Inter are a good side and perhaps not quite the underdog they’ve been made out to be, but if City play to anything like their normal selves, they will win.

City probably easily, maybe 3-1

if they don't win, the British media will be raging which would be nice
If they do win, the English media WILL be raging. The BBC, with Dan Roan leading the assault will be going on about investment, oil money, financial irregularities etc etc.
And of course Sky ( Man U, the ‘ Pool ) Sports won’t be far behind.

Always followed Inter as my Italian team, so I’d love them to win it. Unfortunately, I think Man City will win it pretty comfortably.

Voted Man City as it's almost a foregone conclusion, but hoping above all hopes (and this shows how fucked the football world is now) the wee team wins tonight & the Curva Nord are victorious.

Forza Nerazzurri!

Backed Inter to win the tie at 10/3.

It's no fluke their in the final + I'm in the anyone but city camp.
Just stuck a tenner on Inter at 7/2. Fully expect to lose, but I find that price represents a bit of value.

They don’t give a F@ck…..maybe/ hopefully there’s a outcry that’s listened to by the authorities, but don’t hold your breath

It all depends on how City play. If they freeze or try to be too clever, Inter could easily get a smash-and-grab 1-0. Otherwise a 2-0 City win.

Back