Man City's redesigned concourses

Personally I really don’t care but only my opinion. Winning team on the park is what I want
Of course that winning team is first and foremost, however club need to invest in bringing ground up to scratch. The better the facilities the better it is longer term for profits and reinvestment into team and club as a whole

That doesn't wash with people in 2022 tbh.
Shame we can't put them in a time machine back 40+ years. They might appreciate what they have. Yes, I know I'm an old fart and I know we live in a whole new world of expectation and entitlement, but I seriously couldn't much care about the scran or the decor. It's always been about what's on the park. Not staunch. Just the way it is. But again, I'm an old 60s child git and quite frankly, I'm often grateful about that fact!

Our concourses and toilets are a mess

But not all for the the club. A lot of fans treat the concourses and toilets with utter contempt.
Not a popular opinion but the truth is that we have a sizeable portion of our support that don’t care. The toilets are manky solely down to Rangers supporters. Would you invest a million in an upgrade knowing it would be back to square one in a year.

Not a popular opinion but the truth is that we have a sizeable portion of our support that don’t care. The toilets are manky solely down to Rangers supporters. Would you invest a million in an upgrade knowing it would be back to square one in a year.
Not everyone is a scumbag. I care.

I want to be able to do the toilet in a reasonably decent environment.

Several seasons back my nephew was a wee boy and went to toilet. He came back with a finger crushed.

He'd tried to enter a cuible. I'm assuming someone was in and violently booted the door shut as lock most likely fucked.

He was is tears and pain. I asked him where it happened but the guy had fucked off and had to get him medical attention.

Totally unacceptable. The toilets have been a complete hovel for a decade or more.

Scumbags don't care and want cubicles to stick shit up their beaks.

One Europa game last season one of the doors was hanging off.

Shame on whoever treats our stadium like this and something needs done.

Several seasons back my nephew was a wee boy and went to toilet. He came back with a finger crushed.

He'd tried to enter a cuible. I'm assuming someone was in and violently booted the door shut as lock most likely fucked.

He was is tears and pain. I asked him where it happened but the guy had fucked off and had to get him medical attention.

Totally unacceptable. The toilets have been a complete hovel for a decade or more.

This is it. Never mind Man City, we're talking about investment in toilets! If we can't even get this right...

Stick some white crap on the ceiling and put new flooring down, it’s not exactly 5 star

Exactly how I feel.

Did the stadium tour on tuesday,and there is so much for fans around the stadium.The museum area you could fit in a large lounge,not much tbh.
The COOP live being built is going to look the business.

Haha salty! There was more than one and shock….Manchester pubs filled with Mancunians! :D

I always love it on here when someone tries to tell you what you saw and what happened on your own personal experience of something!
The pubs were filled with Manchester City fans with local accents.
And I only told you what I saw with my own experience and not with you’re experience. But you already know that…………
Please tell me about all these ‘ tourists ‘you see, because the Man City owners would love to get into business with you ss they continually lose out to the two aforementioned clubs in my last post on that count.

Last edited:
Looks nice aye but for me, I couldn't care less what the concourse looks like. I'm there to watch the game.
Ibrox is a fine stadium until you look closer and I’m sorry but the toilets the concourses the food outlets are from the dark ages. It needs a massive investment to get it up to a modern standard. It also needs expansion to 60000. Getting the funds is up to the current custodians in my opinion that’s part of their “job”.

Our concourses and kiosks will always be shit unless we rebuild. Some of the American baseball stadiums are mental for what they have in them. We just don't have much space there.

That’s what a Mancunian is.
When I was in the ground there was loads of football tourists!
Well that’s what English football has become but City still don’t attract the same percentage of tourists as the likes of Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal, and maybe even Everton. And they never will. Too unfashionable. Than goodness.

Well that’s what English football has become but City still don’t attract the same percentage of tourists as the likes of Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal, and maybe even Everton. And they never will. Too unfashionable. Than goodness.
Mate……see at post #29 I explained about my personal experience which may have been a one off and then said “but I’ll take your word for it” then you’ve been ranting on??
If you say it’s not full of football tourists I’ll take your word for it…..again! :D

This is it. Never mind Man City, we're talking about investment in toilets! If we can't even get this right...
I’m 41 and have Ulcerative Colitis. It’s a bloody daunting task going to toilets at Ibrox, nearly as bad as the San Siro!

Shame we can't put them in a time machine back 40+ years. They might appreciate what they have. Yes, I know I'm an old fart and I know we live in a whole new world of expectation and entitlement, but I seriously couldn't much care about the scran or the decor. It's always been about what's on the park. Not staunch. Just the way it is. But again, I'm an old 60s child git and quite frankly, I'm often grateful about that fact!
Tbf, back in your day people just openly pished down the back of your legs during the game.

Times change.

I'm usually in our concourse for around 20 seconds, if it was littered with dead beggars I wouldn't notice.
People want a whole day out in the stadium these days, I'm not paying for that shite.

Would be nice to have a drink and food after the game and have a chat about the game in Ibrox.

Fifa or screens for kids etc but it's never going to happen.

Man City’s ground is impressive. Hard wood floors , nice bars and toilets etc.

Shame the surrounding area is a shithole.
And what has that got to do with things? Surrounding area of Ibrox isn’t the best, same with Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton, Celtic, spurs, Leeds etc.

Money aside it shows how much clubs think of their support on matchday experience. Our concourses are a mess.

I just hope one day our club fund and redevelop concourses that they can. Expansion of these are imperative to next stage of matchday experience after edmiston house, fan zone and sports bar
How can you say "money aside" when it's exactly about money?

Nice fan facilities and being there to watch the game are not mutually exclusive aspirations.
Of course not but I assume this thread was started to hear people's opinions on the subject and my opinion is that I could not give a single shit what the concourses look like.

I don't really understand all this matchday experience patter, a nicer smelling toilet isn't going to make a 0-0 draw with Motherwell a better day out.

How can you say "money aside" when it's exactly about money?
I.e man city's money, I said after I hope that one day I hope we can fund and redevelop the concourses and invest further in facilities.

We don't have the type of money to throw money at it just now as we're funding NEH.

Money aside it shows how much clubs think of their support on matchday experience. Our concourses are a mess.

I just hope one day our club fund and redevelop concourses that they can. Expansion of these are imperative to next stage of matchday experience after edmiston house, fan zone and sports bar

Money aside, I don't know why we never push the boat out and sign players like Messi and Benzema. I really think we're missing a trick there.

:D

Back