Man For Man We Are The Better Team But need to win the games against the lesser teams

GF7

100% - games against them mean nothing if no consistency against the rest.

They are mediocre side but still better than the rest. Griffiths is scoring that chance against the other sides and as poor as they look defesively they are still shutting the other teams out most weeks.

DylanGer

If this were true one would follow the other.....

It's not really how football works with squads, transfers, injuries etc etc....

Today was great we should enjoy it and get on with the next match when it happens....

In my opinion we've got very close to them.... claiming superiority man for man is a bit daft and factually incorrect.

The momentum of competition can change at this moment we are a boxer looking at an opponent on his arse it's what he does and what we do when he gets back up that matters....

barcelonabear

......We need to win the games against the lesser teams

We are the best footballing team in the league and man for man we are the best footballing team in the league.

We need to prove we can match other teams for commitment

If we do, then we are winning this league.
Your right, I don’t wanna see our players talking crap in the media and blowing smoke up their one asses, head down and keep grinding and put a gap in between us and them

Modfella

It's where we messed up after Xmas last year, thinking we could take care of the rest.
We are in a cup final every week, the players need to concentrate.

Stuhercules

We are the best footballing team in the league and man for man we are the best footballing team in the league.

Absolutely agree, our problem is going to these crappy away grounds and dropping point. Really need to be wary of needlessly dropping silly points.

stevie149

Defo mearns, i got a text right after the game from a guy I do some work for, he,s a season ticket holder at the knew camp saying that we deserved our win, I said we need to beat the dross in the league to win the title.

Brick_Top

Official Ticketer
Correct.

Ability wise we are a better side and have absolutely nothing to fear from them.

They are still better at winning ugly than us. Sort that out and we will win this league.

One game at a time of course, but how we handle Kilmarnock away in 2 weeks is massive.

O.K. Bear

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
We do, but looking back to 9iar for example, sides were defensive against us but nowhere near they set up now.

I think we're learning against that with the quick over the top this season. Time will tell but we're playing slightly different from the two previous seasons and willing to be ugly at times.

RfcIbrox

Until we get a 10 match plus winning run against allcomers in their stadiums I won’t be expecting league titles. We’ve been better than them consistently in one off matches since Gerard arrived. They know what it takes to win in 90+ minutes. If we can master that with this team we won’t be stopping at 55 and they could we’ll need a total rebuild. This season will determine the next 3 or 4.

Juanito2

Arsenal were the best footballing team at times 15 years ago but still they didn't win the league cause they couldn't cope at tough away grounds with hammer throwers. We are the best footballing team in the league but as the OP says it could still count for nothing unless we do it v the lesser teams.

Draper1872

Today was great we should enjoy it and get on with the next match when it happens....

In my opinion we've got very close to them.... claiming superiority man for man is a bit daft and factually incorrect.

The momentum of competition can change at this moment we are a boxer looking at an opponent on his arse it's what he does and what we do when he gets back up that matters....

How is claiming superiority man for man factually incorrect?

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barisic
Kent
Aribo
Davis
Kamara
Roofe

Are arguably the players from our side who would get a game in the mythical old firm select.

From them I would take Eduard , McGregor , Christie and Forrest at an absolute push.

If your playing 4-4-2 we would also have to play the guy who scored 6 goals in the Europa League last season.

FYI it can't actually be factually incorrect as its subjective. Just like my post. Facts usually fall into the numerical or historical category of a discussion

albert_left_peg

They have had some of luck and in for a tough run of fixtures....given the way they are playing and poor squad, I really believe they will start dropping more points... we have to keep focused on what we do though and take care of our games.

Leopold

We (the team) should treat today like a victory against any other inferior team, onto the next.

The supporters on the other hand... :D

Bknowe

The rest of the teams in the league care more about beating a so called New Club than a team going to win "10" in a row.

The scum are nowhere near as good a team as they were when Brenda was in charge, but the rest of the league still think they're playing their so called "invincible" team.

cloodie

Footballing wise we're better than them. We can see that in the OF games and also when you compare our performances in Europe. It all comes down to the mentality in the league though. They expect to win even when things aren't going their way whereas I think the doubts can sometimes creep in with us and knock us off our rythmn.

scooter70

I loved our reaction today, seems we’ve learned from last year, yip celebrate but keep focused

Next weekend is huge, normally they go to the sheep and stroll it but any slip up and they are under real pressure for first time in a decade

ricksen24

Please explain why ?

greenockbritanniaRSC

Official Ticketer
Proper football cliche but if our squad takes it one game at a time and not go too far ahead, we have got to fancy our chances.

AppleBear

I genuinely believe we are the better team and have the better individual players.

That’s what makes it all the more painful to even think of them winning the title.

We need to do this.

Bluenose Rab

We're winning this league this season regardless.
Unless Covid or wee nippy stops us. Even refs seem to think they'll be tarred with the anti Rangers brush. If it just fitba, we've got every chance.

Bluenose Rab

We're winning this league this season regardless.
Unless Covid or wee nippy stops us. Even refs seem to think they'll be tarred with the anti Rangers brush. If it's just fitba, we've got every chance

DarthVader

I started a thread earlier that was pulled for some reason.

We have the on toast. We won't win or lose the title on the head to heads.

We will win or lose the title vs Livi, Killie, Hibs, sheep etc.

DylanGer

How is claiming superiority man for man factually incorrect?

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barisic
Kent
Aribo
Davis
Kamara
Roofe

Are arguably the players from our side who would get a game in the mythical old firm select.

From them I would take Eduard , McGregor , Christie and Forrest at an absolute push.

If your playing 4-4-2 we would also have to play the guy who scored 6 goals in the Europa League last season.

FYI it can't actually be factually incorrect as its subjective. Just like my post. Facts usually fall into the numerical or historical category of a discussion
So you've found 4 players whom you'd take all of them key players and three of them missing today.....so factually we aren't better man for man.

It's a daft argument especially with players just in the door for both teams and some of those getting injured and affecting anyone trying to make a decent assessment.

They were dogshit today-we didn't even really hit the heights and won easily, very easily. Enjoy it I'm certainly enjoying it but I know we have to win a marathon and our opponents aren't defined by that today.

A body blow-we see how they react and how we react.

Draper1872

So you've found 4 players whom you'd take all of them key players and three of them missing today.....so factually we aren't better man for man.

It's a daft argument especially with players just in the door for both teams and some of those getting injured and affecting anyone trying to make a decent assessment.

They were dogshit today-we didn't even really hit the heights and won easily, very easily. Enjoy it I'm certainly enjoying it but I know we have to win a marathon and our opponents aren't defined by that today.

A body blow-we see how they react and how we react.

Man for Man is a phrase used to describe the overall balance of who's got a better starting 11. We have 6 Guaranteed starters that any manager would use. Kent plus our defence

change consent