Man For Man We Are The Better Team But need to win the games against the lesser teams

Gramps1

Official Ticketer
......We need to win the games against the lesser teams

We are the best footballing team in the league and man for man we are the best footballing team in the league.

We need to prove we can match other teams for commitment

If we do, then we are winning this league.
Bang on the money again mate but I’d like to hear your opinion on Morelos and Barker.

For me these 2 are the weak link.

DylanGer

Please explain why ?
It's a no brainer if we were/are better man for man then the title is ours.

You win the title and claim superiority.

We played them off the park and lost a cup final. We got a lot closer to them and still hit a slump. Whether you argue that's mentality, squad strength or whatever is not how competition works...in any sport....

We need to prove what the OP said....or claimed.

Anyone arguing Morelos is a better striker then their main striker is kidding themselves on...and plenty do.

MearnsUnionist

If this were true one would follow the other.....

It's not really how football works with squads, transfers, injuries etc etc....

Today was great we should enjoy it and get on with the next match when it happens....

In my opinion we've got very close to them.... claiming superiority man for man is a bit daft and factually incorrect.

The momentum of competition can change at this moment we are a boxer looking at an opponent on his arse it's what he does and what we do when he gets back up that matters....

You seem to underestimate or umderrate
our strongest 11.

When you look at both teams, who are you craving for out of their side?

insanicdrunk

Agreed 100% OP. We've broke the 1st domestic monkey on our back, beating them easily.

Our next one is a trophy, we need that 'loser' monkey off. That only comes with beating the dross. We have different players now that will hopefuly give us a different dimension to our play.

Killie has to be our next real barometer, win there and that will go a long way to helping us win 55.

DylanGer

Man for Man is a phrase used to describe the overall balance of who's got a better starting 11. We have 6 Guaranteed starters that any manager would use. Kent plus our defence
We were easily the best team today....that's all that counts. Looks like we've developed further.

Still though there's a long season to complete....we've heard all this before.

M0LS

The rest of the teams in the league care more about beating a so called New Club than a team going to win "10" in a row.

The scum are nowhere near as good a team as they were when Brenda was in charge, but the rest of the league still think they're playing their so called "invincible" team.
All the other teams bar Aberdeen have played them now, and must surely realise they're not the unbeatable force they once were. They've only had one tricky away league fixture at Killie and they dropped points. Hopefully they're in for a painful 2nd roster of games and come to Ibrox trailing in our wake.

top_cat

We are the best footballing team in the league and man for man we are the best footballing team in the league.

Agreed mate.
We need to beat the dross, we have worked that mob out now. We’re fitter, sharper and better.
Beat the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee United on a regular basis and it’s in our hands.

DylanGer

our strongest 11.

I'd argue our best 11 is up for debate. I'm not 100% certain what it would be. I would wager the manager might not be 100%...Roofe was coming along nicely...is he going to be fit enough to play? How will we play with him in the team? Etc Etc.

What is massively important is that today we looked like a team very very comfortable with it's system and developing nicely.

They have players easily as capable as ours last season proved that...they have a few better and a few worse overall imo however what matters is the overall ability to get results via a starting 11 or via a squad....we have to prove it's the case we can win the title with ours...today certainly puts us in a stronger position but I've been watching this for too long to know today wasn't a defining moment-it may be the moment the wheel turned for us but only time will prove that.

Bluethruandthru

Pretty obvious the hard work is still to be done but make no mistake that is a f***ing big marker Rangers have laid down today.

The tarriers will come again. We know they will , but now is when Gerrard earns his spurs as manager. He has to get inside the heads of this squad so that they finally blot out the background noise and focus what's see right in front of them. Game by game and from week to week to week till it's done. This is what wins us this league and nothing else will do.

Woodrow Call

Couldn’t agree more MU ... their ability to win at all costs in the 89th minute keeps them alive .... if we could learn to do the same then the league is ours without a doubt

We've played eleven won nine and two draws. We will be fine. We won't win every week but neither will they. We've had a draw on a plastic pitch and away to Hibs. That's pretty normal.

Up the road

The best team over the course of a season wins the league. Yes I know sometimes teams are handed it before the season ends but you know the point I’m making. Although today was brilliant at the end of the day it’s 3 points nothing more nothing less. Imo our preferred system is more suited to games v them rather than for example a low block team. As the op alludes to we still have to prove we can pick up 3 points week in week out against teams who aren’t interested in playing a high line against us but sit in. The other lot have proved in the past they can win those type of games practically every week we will have to learn to do the same to become champions.

Bknowe

All the other teams bar Aberdeen have played them now, and must surely realise they're not the unbeatable force they once were. They've only had one tricky away league fixture at Killie and they dropped points. Hopefully they're in for a painful 2nd roster of games and come to Ibrox trailing in our wake.
True

We just need to take each game as It comes and see where we are come Xmas

Gersfc21

Official Ticketer
Until we get a 10 match plus winning run against allcomers in their stadiums I won’t be expecting league titles. We’ve been better than them consistently in one off matches since Gerard arrived. They know what it takes to win in 90+ minutes. If we can master that with this team we won’t be stopping at 55 and they could we’ll need a total rebuild. This season will determine the next 3 or 4.
Spot on

CaptainCourageous

We've been the best footballing side for two season's now. That's never been in doubt.

Fully fit first 11 compared and we've got the all round better players - position for position.

Most consistent, putting wins together, getting over the line/job done, winning mentality, handling/applying pressure, ruthlesness and they are still ahead.

Let's see how both teams react to today's result, performance and fall out.

We are in a very healthy position. It's now time to turn the screw, put winning runs together and apply pressure of our own.

I won't be getting carried away as the talk was exactly the same after the 29th December 2019.

Born under a union jack

I started a thread earlier that was pulled for some reason.

We have the on toast. We won't win or lose the title on the head to heads.

We will win or

I started a thread earlier that was pulled for some reason.

We have the on toast. We won't win or lose the title on the head to heads.

We will win or lose the title vs Livi, Killie, Hibs, sheep etc.
Early days yet but I think the title will be won or lost on plastic pitches. Get the results on the plastic pitches and the league's there to be won.

academical

Is the OP sober? :))

It’s clear to me that head-to-head Rangers are a better team than Celtic. The loss at Ibrox in last season’s first OF looks like an aberration. I’d back Rangers to beat Celtic in any game now.

But the league will be decided in games against everyone else. Discipline and consistency required, and a long way to go.

ML9

Statically the team that wins the most head to head points wins the league, our record at the midden isn't great. It was a great start and result after round 1 of games

Woodrow Call

our strongest 11.

Think I'd take Edouard. That's about it. Going from what iv watched in the last three OF games iv a feeling well take eight or nine points off them.

PMB1872

We do need to. But I think if we can keep the squad we have fit, we have more than enough options to win games early and win games later off the bench. Some good recruitment in the last window. My only concern is that none of the strikers are really getting many goals yet.

Chester Loyal

We’re miles ahead of them talent wise. They’re way ahead of us mentality wise.

If we can sort out the mental side of the game then we’ll coast to the title this season.

govantrueblue

Official Ticketer

Dont think anyone can argue against your points.
Biggest thing for me is, we are winning most of our games minus a functioning goalscoring striker.
In games where we struggle to break teams down we need the old Alfredo back pronto.
That is crucial to stopping the filth from achieving their illegitimate aim.

Mynameismud

Beat the Tim's at the piggery, not once in the 90 minutes were we under pressure. Think about it ya mad man. Enjoy yer day.

tazzabear

Today was great we should enjoy it and get on with the next match when it happens....

In my opinion we've got very close to them.... claiming superiority man for man is a bit daft and factually incorrect.

The momentum of competition can change at this moment we are a boxer looking at an opponent on his arse it's what he does and what we do when he gets back up that matters....
You don’t believe we have better players from 1 to about 16?

cav

We do need to. But I think if we can keep the squad we have fit, we have more than enough options to win games early and win games later off the bench. Some good recruitment in the last window. My only concern is that none of the strikers are really getting many goals yet.
On the flip side the fact we've won so many games without a prolific goalscoring striker(yet) should bode well when one of them starts hitting the net on a regular basis.

Alfies a handful but a fit Roofe and Itten will rightly put pressure on him.

academical

Statically the team that wins the most head to head points wins the league, our record at the midden isn't great. It was a great start and result after round 1 of games
Interesting theory.

Can you show these statistics?

UlsterBear91

Official Ticketer
our strongest 11.

Wasn’t involved in the previous discussion but on this point i think Edouard, Christie and McGregor would start for us (or at least be very close to starting).

In my opinion of course.

DylanGer

You don’t believe we have better players from 1 to about 16?
I think we are overstating it....we need to prove it....there are parallels with Burn's Celtic at this stage in terms of talking about being the best team and having nothing to show for it. Times are different and I am deeply encouraged by today and the overall progress we may well be on the cusp of overtaking them.

There's a post above about mentality versus ability-sounds like the Tims talking about Smith's Rangers teams. I never believed when we beat them we were inferior across the park I believed we were effective and deserved to win and win the trophies. We were the better team.

Talk of us having 16 better players across the squads is delusional, 100%. We have short memories players such as Tav, Goldson et al were described as serial losers and would never be good enough..even recently....I didn't buy that either.

Let's enjoy our day but as I said to another poster on here on a separate platform...opening OF game last season SG absolutely screwed it up....Lennon's line up today was ludicrous....it's still wide open.

I do believe and I've stated many times they could collapse indeed I believe it's obvious they need to go back the way for us to be successful however we do look currently to be in a very good place in terms of form and where we are heading....

Div1872

Our team have definitely got the ability to beat the scum and as OP says we need to keep winning against the rest of the league

Let’s keep the winning run going

The scum have a few hard away games this quarter. Let’s see how they cope with away games

We cannot be complacent and need to keep winning

ekr true blue

100% - games against them mean nothing if no consistency against the rest.

They are mediocre side but still better than the rest. Griffiths is scoring that chance against the other sides and as poor as they look defesively they are still shutting the other teams out most weeks.
Bang on mate

PalefaceRedskin

I agree. They have some good players as you would expect with their budget but our recruitment has been excellent and we are a much better structured and better coached team.

In fairness though, we have dispatched the lesser teams this season. We’ve really dropped two points in 11 games. 2 cheating Savco-supporting officials cost us two points v Hibs.

We will need to ensure we are two or three goals better than the opposition in games the likes of Clancy, Robertson, Walsh and Collum ref.

Dedé Arneaux

We are everyone's cup final. Our players have struggled with this the last couple of years.
If I’ve learned anything in the last 2/3 years it’s how spoiled we we’re 20+ years ago when we had players all through the squad who were very mentally strong and very capable on the park.
The Manager I think this year has assembled a squad that can deliver. Albeit we will need a bit of luck and some inconsistency from the tims

wee_bear

Said this to my mates today, our season will be defined by results against the rest. We will beat them more often than not now moving forward, good times!

Johansen

It's not factually incorrect though, both our keepers are far better than theirs,our full backs are well ahead of theirs, midfield overall we have more quality, front players maybe Edouard at a push but as a squad they are well behind us. Doesn't mean we're guaranteed anything over the course of the season though but I'd rather have our squad which is superior to theirs weighing everything up

PMB1872

On the flip side the fact we've won so many games without a prolific goalscoring striker(yet) should bode well when one of them starts hitting the net on a regular basis.

Alfies a handful but a fit Roofe and Itten will rightly put pressure on him.
This is true Cav. Strikers hitting the net regularly and starting soon would bump my confidence in us winning the title this season right up though.

Reactions: cav
change consent