Man found dead on Edinburgh By Pass was a Bear

The binman killed in EK by a bin lorry yesterday was a Bellshill Bear.

How can you confuse a person with a deer ? :mad:
I saw the poor chap after he was found yesterday and where he was on the bypass was pitch black mate, there were thousands of cars past there between 2am until the guy was found and many would be going slow and never saw the poor guy until the sun came up.
The driver of the van wouldn’t have had a chance of seeing him and there are many deer hit there often.

Sleep tight Craig.

That's utterly tragic for everyone involved but especially for Craig and his family.

Really awful.

Rest in peace, fellow bear :(

I saw the poor chap after he was found yesterday and where he was on the bypass was pitch black mate, there were thousands of cars past there between 2am until the guy was found and many would be going slow and never saw the poor guy until the sun came up.
The driver of the van wouldn’t have had a chance of seeing him and there are many deer hit there often.

Sleep tight Craig.

I got there at about 25 past 8. Was looking over to see why the other side was closed and saw him. Awful.

It’s probably hard for people to imagine how no one would have seen him, the position he was in, with dark clothing on that part of the road would have made it difficult to see anything there let alone identify it as a person.

Such a shame.

Terrible tragedies and must be heartbreaking for the families and friends of both men.
RIP fellow Bears.

My initial reaction was that someone had been dumped from a car on that bit of the road. A tragic accident. Sleep well fellow Bears.

I got there at about 25 past 8. Was looking over to see why the other side was closed and saw him. Awful.

It’s probably hard for people to imagine how no one would have seen him, the position he was in, with dark clothing on that part of the road would have made it difficult to see anything there let alone identify it as a person.

Such a shame.
The policeman had laid his jacket over him when I was there, I have passed a few times today and it looks as though he. Had crossed from behind the marker showing the yards to the round a bout on the other lanes. Tragic for everyone involved .

Back