Man lauded for sportsmanship labelled a cheat within a week

Robert California

Only in this backwater.

Last Thursday a player from a Scottish team received world-wide praise for refusing to exploit an advantage against an injured player, showing great sportsmanship and fairness.

Less than a week later, a domestic referee has decided the same player is a cheat.

Just let that sink in. Appalling, and the kind of thing we should be shouting far and wide as a club and as fans

Only in this backwater.

Last Thursday a player from a Scottish team received world-wide praise for refusing to exploit an advantage against an injured player, showing great sportsmanship and fairness.

Less than a week later, a domestic referee has decided the same player is a cheat.

Just let that sink in. Appalling, and the kind of thing we should be shouting far and wide as a club and as fans

Great point as usual SB.

Warped little country we now live in.

Crocker & Walker kept talking about Alfie’s non-reaction to the booking, insinuating that shows he was probably guilty.

On the other hand he’s become so used to refs pre-judging him, that he probably just saw it as business as usual. I expect that he’s been warned against reacting to refs, to avoid even more needless yellow cards and suspensions.

Crocker & Walker kept talking about Alfie’s non-reaction to the booking, insinuating that shows he was probably guilty.

On the other hand he’s become so used to refs pre-judging him, that he probably just saw it as business as usual. I expect that he’s been warned against reacting to refs, to avoid even more needless yellow cards and suspensions.
Walker did say it was a penalty though and repeated this later as well.

I can't remember exactly what the words were, but I'm sure Gerrard in an interview after the game praised Morelos for not reacting and that he was maturing, or something along those lines.

They said it was a stonewaller, but they were obviously salivating for him to do something so they could have a hate wank over it.

To be fair to Walker (I know), he mentiined on several occasions that he thought it was a penalty. You're right though, the two of them seemed overly obsessed with Alfie's non-reaction.

When you look at what happened at halftime, maybe Alfie had an inkling that Beaton’s more than capable of double yellowing in a matter of seconds for fućk all.

Rangers need to -publicly- go after that cuńt and Connor.

Only in this country would it be debatable as a penalty. It is 100% a clear cut penalty as you will see. It is nothing like the Ajeti one. How can pundits talk about it as of it could go either way?

It doesn't help when Andy Halliday is giving out that moronic opinion even after seeing it several times.

A disgrace JS.

How can such a large community of us allow the double standards in this country ?

Last edited:
Walker did say it was a penalty though and repeated this later as well.
He certainly did but Crocker said very little. Unlike when Alfie does something actually wrong and he never shuts up about him.

Crocker (and Walker) were partially to blame for that shocking decision last night as they have constantly labelled Alfie as a cheat in the past and obviously the officials have been listening to them.

To be fair, both agreed it was a stone waller.

Yes and did SKY take note of the thousands, who signed the petition regards getting those two of Rangers games, Nope! Just typical of an ex Murdoch company, tell the punters to **** off.

The linesman has to take a lot of blame for that decision
Dont know who the linesman is but he may have had a better view of the penalty and told Beaton that Alfredo dived.If thats the case he should be getting pelters for being a cheat . Someone must know him.Alfredo does not get a fair deal from any officials in this country.

Walker never.
If folk want to moan, at least get it right.
Walker said it was a penalty straight away. it was only crocker in this instance trying to stir the shit.

Even if - let's give him just a tiny element of doubt - Beaton wasn't sure whether Alfie had been touched or not there was absolutely no need to book him for simulation. How could he be sure he WASN'T touched ? He could just have let things go and that would have been bad enough. Instead he compounded his error. Beaton's list of appalling decisions involving Rangers is a disgrace. He is an extremely poor referee and it's difficult not to consider some sort of agenda.

By the way the pull on Itten was clearly a penalty too !!

The linesman has to take a lot of blame for that decision
For all the crap Beaton is taking, he can’t carry this can on his own.

Even watching it in game, many people thought it was a dive until they saw the angle that the linesman would have had.

As the gaffer says, he can forgive 1 official for missing it, but 3?

Walker said it was a pen, on more than one occasion.

Proud as f@#£ with Alfie for his reaction for the no penalty and how he plugged away getting his goal at the end. Never let his head drop and to get the winner was karma. Haven’t a clue what them to wanks said in commentary as I have the sound off.

Oh ah dunno it’s maybe just like Beaton booked him to try and provoke a reaction and get him red carded so he missed the scum game. Well played Alfredo Morelos for not reacting and keeping your cool.

it’s as clear a penalty you’ll ever see and as the gaffer highlights how come the only three in the stadium that saw it differently were the linesman, fourth official and the ref. They acted as one because most likely before the game the ref instructed them that all decisions go through him first.

Beaton is a cheating bastard we all saw his incredulous performance in the home game against hibs. That will go down in history as the worst refereeing ever. Quite how he held onto his job confirmed to me where the corruption is in the game.

Latest posts

Back