Man U getting horsed 2-0 at home by Burnley

I said that to a Utd supporting work mate at the start of the season they were atleast 5 years off the pace. They cant see it. Deluded.
City will take 4 off them in the LC next week.
The players look like they don’t care as well.

Mental to think a team that poor are sitting 5th! EPL has been murder this year for betting. Outside of the top 3 literally anyone else can win or lose at anytime.

Has to go, wee upturn when he first joined, and some results against the better teams but it's just like they're being stubborn for the sake of it, because he's a playing legend.

What an absolute state they are in. Good times! They must be absolutely knotting themselves in Liverpool.

The investment needed to get them competitive again is huge.

Realistically two or three starters per window with the same numbers in developing squad depth. In today's money that is likely over £200m a year for two to three years just to try to catch-up with Liverpool or Man City.

Quite extraordinary that poor club leadership has allowed this to happen.

Another Bear and I have a wee bit of banter with a Man U fan we worked with years ago in Cumbernauld.

It's basically a wee "Chortle chortle" post whenever Man U drop points. the post is now set up as a template and doesn't even get answered any longer.

I am a Liverpool follower so should be laughing endlessly at their plight - but they are a shambles...and it's not down to OMG - it's been going on for eight years there.

Saw P. Neville say that Ole should be given more time. Am I missing something? The team is a shambles,looks like it has lost any spirit and the manager looks like a wee boy lost in the crowd.

For the money they've spraffed over the last few years, that team is an absolute embarrassment, and heads should be rolling at their club for financial mismanagement basically.

The £30m offer to Birmingham for a 16 year old further exemplifies the nonsense going on at that club. A wage bill that is rumoured to be the second highest in world football. They are a bloated mess from top to bottom.

Saw P. Neville say that Ole should be given more time. Am I missing something? The team is a shambles,looks like it has lost any spirit and the manager looks like a wee boy lost in the crowd.

I kind of get it but it smacks of hypocrisy. Moyes, Mourinho and Van Gaal never really got given any great amount of time. Especially Moyes. Neville is just giving his ex team mate and friend the benefit of the doubt, if this was anyone who didn't play in the same team as Neville or who wasn't a Man U legend then all ex players would be calling for his head just now. He has lost more games than he has won, he has the lowest points total of any Man U manager at this point in a season. He will exit out of the league cup shortly, by a decent margin.

I find it absolutely glorious them getting horsed by teams like Burnley and the fact they spent the most in the summer and then they want to spend even more over the next 8 days is mental but this is what they obviously think is gonna get them out of this mess ! Crack at as Ole should never have gotten the gig anyway

I work with quite a few Utd supporters and all of them want Ole to stay. It's utterly baffling.

No one realistically thought they'd win the league but what does it say about him as a manager that he can't even set them up not to lose at home to f*cking Burnley?

Think Ole is a spare wheel now .
His appointment smacked of conceding the league already
Think they will appoint some name in the summer but can’t see much difference no matter who they bring in .
A team of individuals with no appetite of playing for the manager

Big problems for Man Utd. Who would of thought appointing a former Cardif and Molde manager for one of the biggest clubs In the world wouldn't work

£30m for a 16 year old. Mental, clueless.

Use that, sack Woodward, sack Solskjaer and the coaching staff.

I see last night they turned to Lingaard at 2-0 down. This is their attacking option that in a season or whatever has less assists than Allison - a goal keeper.

Solskjaer's win record must be reaching below 25%.

How is the manager still in a job? How is the chairman still in a job? a complete clusterfuck of a club

£130m spent on two defenders in the summer

Have they improved the team - probably
but when the first team is so lacking - would it not have been better to use than on 3/4 players and get a better standard

lazy scouting/recruitment - up there with us recreating the team from 2011 to try to get Championship promotion

I'd imagine they will wait and see if they qualify for champions league before sacking him - same as Moyes.

He's got the backing of the board today which to me is unbelievable. If they were playing good football then you could maybe stand by him but the fact his record is now he has more defeats than wins since taking over permanently just shows you he's lost

They are neck deep in mediocrity.
If you had to pick a league select XI, there would not be one from Man Utd who would get into it.
OGS seems too wishy-washy to be a proper manger.

It would need a total overhaul to re-establish them again.

It just shows you how quickly the tide can turn in football. A few bad appointments and board decisions then boom you are on the outside looking in, like Liverpool ended up in the 90s.

Its gonna take years to turn things around at Man Utd.

£130m spent on two defenders in the summer

Have they improved the team - probably
but when the first team is so lacking - would it not have been better to use than on 3/4 players and get a better standard

lazy scouting/recruitment - up there with us recreating the team from 2011 to try to get Championship promotion

£85m for Harry Maguire????

Man u under Fergie spent millions and won lots cycle of football happening again they are in fight for 4-8th in league now.

Work with man ure st holder he seemed quite resigned to fact they would likely lose to Burnley yesterday seems to have given up hope

Couldn't believe his interview last night (well, sort of could) but he basically said they're in 5th place which isn't too bad.

Manchester Utd.

They had a graphic last night of how many points Man Utd had after 24 games for each of the last three seasons. Going from memory, it was 54 in 2018, 43 in 2019, 34 now. No sign of improvement.

It was obvious last year they needed to improve their defence, but they've seriously overpaid on Maguire and Wan-Bikassa and then undone any improvement in defence by letting Herrera and Lukaku leave with no replacements. Maybe improved defence, weakened everywhere else.

Ferdinand and Crouch were spot on last night...

Man Utd let Smalling leave on loan to Roma and he's their best defender. They let Lukaku go without replacing him and same with Sanchez (albeit he was poor for them).

Imagine being a Man Utd fan, home at Old Trafford, getting beat and Ole brings Lingard on to change the game. Depressing.

Back