Man United - Jadon Sancho

GovanFront4

Pretty well known Man United are interested in Jadon Sancho but it's now being reported that they won't be willing to pay more than £50m for him.

There seems to be absolutely no rhyme nor reason to their transfer dealings. Find £80m for Maguire but not willing to pay the fee required for Haaland or Sancho.

They are probably trying take advantage of the current situation and chancing their arm. Or maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

They'll probably end up buying him for £150m on deadline day whenever that ends up :)

Why would United tell Sky what their transfer budget was? We would dismiss this if it was us as well.

Back a few years ago you could understand them trying to pay a little less as players could have their head turned - that isn't going to happen now. Man United are now on the second tier of clubs when it comes to attracting players.

Pretty well known Man United are interested in Jadon Sancho but it's now being reported that they won't be willing to pay more than £50m for him.

There seems to be absolutely no rhyme nor reason to their transfer dealings. Find £80m for Maguire but not willing to pay the fee required for Haaland or Sancho.

To be fair player values will have gone down since COVID. The bosman market is flooded with players just now which will have an effect up the chain on transfers.

He would be mad to go to there.

Man Utd aren't going to be challenging or winning major honours for many years to come.

Still not sure he’s rated as a must have by many Clubs in all honesty. Lot of pressure on Werner for starters and he’s far more proven than Sancho and didn’t go for a insane sum. Any top Scout will know he hasn’t been up to scratch in the major matches he has played in so far.

Why would United tell Sky what their transfer budget was? We would dismiss this if it was us as well.

Probably mate, but Man United being poor in the transfer market isn't exactly new. They failed with Haaland after trying to haggle over a few million so I don't think it's much of a stretch to believe it.

I'd like to see Rashford and Martial playing behind a more traditional number 9.

Someone like Cavani infront of those two would be very interesting.

They need a new manager before anything else though, Ole is an upmarket Murty

A player 34 goals and 43 assists in 94 games by the age of 20?

Dortmund shouldn't entertain any offers under £100m.

He's putting up better numbers than Messi and Ronaldo at this stage in his career.

Messi had scored 50 goals by the time he was 20. Mbappe done it at 19.

Ridiculous numbers:))

M'Bappe certainly.

Messi turned 20 in June 2007; at the end of the 06/07 season he'd scored 26 goals (for Barcelona anyway). Although he had Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Messi in front of him at the time though.

I'd like to see Rashford and Martial playing behind a more traditional number 9.

Someone like Cavani infront of those two would be very interesting.

They need a new manager before anything else though, Ole is an upmarket Murty

You get that feeling that for as long as Ole is there then they will always be hit and miss. With some of the players coming through and the right recruitment they could be very exciting.

They've played slightly better but still are miles off the Liverpool & City and with the business Chelsea are doing this summer they could fall behind them also.
Chelsea will finish above City next season.

Possibility they'll win the league if Liverpool start to show signs of stagnation

I understand they don't want to break the bank on megastars as it has failed in recent years but Sancho should be the one that they do go all in for.

He is young, English and pacey so ticks all the boxes of what United are targeting as players now. He'll easily be a £100m player if he already isn't.

Won’t be getting him then - bit of a non-story that.

Possibility they'll win the league if Liverpool start to show signs of stagnation

I wouldn't bet on that. City will strengthen again this summer and Chelsea have been no better than average under Lampard.

City won't exactly be quiet in the transfer market, Guardiola will have his targets. As for Liverpool stagnating not a chance of that, Klopp will also be looking to add to his squad. Both clubs will be the top two again.

Or their budget effected slightly by covid? In normal circumstances they would pay the 100m. FWIW I think they are building an excellent young and talented side.

Still not sure he’s rated as a must have by many Clubs in all honesty. Lot of pressure on Werner for starters and he’s far more proven than Sancho and didn’t go for a insane sum. Any top Scout will know he hasn’t been up to scratch in the major matches he has played in so far.

Go home, you're drunk.

The shite some people spout here is insane at times.

I wouldn't bet on that. City will strengthen again this summer and Chelsea have been no better than average under Lampard.

Chelsea have been no better than average under lampard am I reading that right ? in a top four spot without having been able to invest in the playing squad I’d say that’s better than average.

Still can't get my head around the transfer fees these days. Utterly bewildering.

He'd have more chance of silverware and a big transfer at Dortmund than at ManU these days. He'd be crazy to go unless it's for the paycheck.

Not at all, why do you think he was pulled off in the first half away to Bayern this season?

Because like all players, and especially young players, he can have the odd poor game? He also was clearly not match for I'm that game to start with.

Clueless.

Because like all players, and especially young players, he can have the odd poor game? He also was clearly not match for I'm that game to start with.

Clueless.

Probably best to type a sentence that makes sense first. Struggled against Atletico and PSG as well and has against the better Bundesliga defences (aren't many either). Apologies for having an opinion based on watching him in most of his matches. Another season there be best for him and I think the Clubs interested in him want to see that as well.

Negotiating tactic I suspect.

Utd have been after Sancho for months. No way have they suddenly decided they can’t afford him.

Probably best to type a sentence that makes sense first. Struggled against Atletico and PSG as well and has against the better Bundesliga defences (aren't many either). Apologies for having an opinion based on watching him in most of his matches. Another season there be best for him and I think the Clubs interested in him want to see that as well.

No point knocking when nobody is home.

I watched most of Dortmunds games after the return and bar 1 game he was a passenger

Most of them looked to have downed tools since Bayern wrapped the title up tbf. The boys a fantastic talent and is probably exactly the type of player Utd need. On purely a football move Utd are probably not the right place to move for him, financially however it may be the best offer he gets.

Atletico are probably the best defence in world football though. 20 years old, now played loads of games at a high level and is only going to get better. He improves Utd instantly.

Atletico are probably the best defence in world football though. 20 years old, now played loads of games at a high level and is only going to get better. He improves Utd instantly.

Agreed but he has to improve in these big games at some point - there has been a few now. It's one hell of a step up Bundesliga to Premier League right now, people don't like to hear it but the standard of the Bundesliga is poor now, look at the goal difference of the top 3 this season. Can only wait and see but if he was at Man U next season I wouldn't expect too much myself.

Chelsea have been no better than average under lampard am I reading that right ? in a top four spot without having been able to invest in the playing squad I’d say that’s better than average.

Their squad is worth hundreds of millions :D they had just signed Kepa & Jorginho the summer before for over £100m and spent a fortune in Pulisic in preparation for this season. They currently sit below Leicester who have a far lower wage budget.

They are lucky that Man Utd, Arsenal & Spurs have been rotten. Their current points total wouldn't normally have them in a top 4 spot at this stage of the season.

Before lockdown they had won less than half their games - granted now they have won a paltry 16 out of 31 and they have also suffered home losses to Southampton, Bournemouth & West Ham who have all been poor this season, especially the latter 2.

I don't know how anybody could argue that this season has been any better than average for them

Expect this to be a lot of bull to be honest. I certainly don't think they'll want to jump straight to Dortmunds asking price, but I'm sure they would go over £50M. Whether they can afford what Dortmund wants is another story.

They are looking a lot more balanced now, they've had a couple of good windows, and if they manage to add another couple of players including a right winger like Sancho, then their first XI starts to look pretty good.

Back