Man Utd and Arsenal looking to sign Dumbele in the summer

Heggy

Reports from France saying Lyon will demand over £40 million with the tramps having a sell on clause. He's scored 14 goals for Lyon this season and now his price has suddenly more than doubled. Shows you how mental football is getting. England is ruining the game with this nonsense

Will they have a sell on?

Was the original deal not structured in a way that in order for him to come to Scotland, he walked away with a massive cut of the transfer fee? Can’t imagine they’d have agreed to reducing their future income by giving Celtic some.

Obviously could be wide of the mark.

Reports from France saying Lyon will demand over £40 million with the tramps having a sell on clause. He's scored 14 goals for Lyon this season and now his price has suddenly more than doubled. Shows you how mental football is getting. England is ruining the game with this nonsense
Reports mate. only reports. We all know that Dembele is only ever 90 mins from a hamstring going. Didn't realise he had scored 14 which is decent in that league

Sensible business all round.

Tbh, it’s the perfect plan for Morelos.

Head to Villarreal/Valencia or such like, clean up, then get a major move a year after.

Morelos could be Dembele’s replacement at Lyon...

Hi mate hope all well, I am not sure he will cut it in England (temprement more than ability) however did think France, Spain and Italy he will be a big hit

Hi mate hope all well, I am not sure he will cut it in England (temprement more than ability) however did think France, Spain and Italy he will be a big hit

Where you been hiding?

There are 5 BakuBears on this board these days. :D

We knew he was a decent player so not surprised hes being linked to England but I'll be majorly surprised if he goes for that much.

They will have to say the same about Alfie when he goes up a level next year and then is talked about in these terms.

Will they have a sell on?

Was the original deal not structured in a way that in order for him to come to Scotland, he walked away with a massive cut of the transfer fee? Can’t imagine they’d have agreed to reducing their future income by giving Celtic some.

Obviously could be wide of the mark.
Sounds like wishful thinking

Yeah that'll be wide of the mark.

They'll have a sell on.

Arsenal who have Aubameyang and Lacazette?
Man United who have Lukaku, Lingard, Rashford and Martial?

Even with the mental money nobody's paying that for a sub.

Don’t believe it. As much as there’s stupid money down there, Neither side are spending 40m on a squad player.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all, forgetting the fact he played for them, he is highly rated.

He will eventually move to a top club and play for France.

I'm sure Lyon are registered on the stock exchange meaning they had to make an official announcement with the exact figure when he signed. I assume they'll have to do similar when he leaves and say if there's a sell on clause or not?

The media claiming his value has doubled and his value actually doubling are two completely different things.

No chance, although I think he has been doing well in France this season but certainly not enough to earn a move to a Man Utd or Arsenal.

The Lyon chairman is notorious for being a hard bargainer. He won't go unless it is for massive money. Wherer a club will pay it is a different story

The English clubs aren’t responsible for buying Neymar, Dembele (Barcelona), or Coutinho. These fees pull the others up.

Not surprised if he goes to a big English team for massive money one day.

He’s clearly talented but he’s also classed as homegrown in England having been there as a youngster with Fulham.

Arsenal will not even be identifying signing targets, never mind signing anyone, until they've appointed a new head of recruitment after the last guy Mislentat left.

And seeing as Aubameyang and Lacazette are the best two players they've got, I'd say centre forward is the last position they will be strengthening in.

Lyon are seeing a late season slump and Demeble hasn't been at the races for a while and going by his stats has blown hot and cold all season.

Its high farce to suggest Man Utd or Arsenal are in for him. More likely to head for a club such as West Ham or Palace

Taking the season as a whole he has done well for them and scored some important goals. It wouldn't surprise me to see either of they teams come in for him. I never thought his career would reach this level but he's done well at Lyon considering he wasn't a starter at first.

I don’t think it is that mental.
Scoring 14 goals in the top French league is a huge achievement compared to scoring 20 in the Scottish league.
It’s all about the context of where he’s playing.
In my prime (when I was 25) many years ago I could have scored 50 goals a season against much younger kids whilst I would not have scored any at all at junior level

The Arsenal fans will be delighted to see that they are looking to strengthen the areas they’re weak in :)

1. Moussa Dembele
    Lyon
    149 per goal
    1785 played
    12Goals scored
    4 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total
    56%
  2. Emiliano Sala
    Nantes
    115 per goal
    1374 played
    12Goals scored
    2 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total
    56%

18 mil v 40 mil

giphy.gif

1. Moussa Dembele
    Lyon
    149 per goal
    1785 played
    12Goals scored
    4 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total
    56%
  2. Emiliano Sala
    Nantes
    115 per goal
    1374 played
    12Goals scored
    2 Assists
    Shots on target
    Total
    56%

18 mil v 40 mil

He's scored 17 in all competitons. Latest reports from France is that Lyon has slapped a £60 million price on his head with the mhanks having a 10% sell on fee

Dembele will likely move on . Top Italian sides are interested but looks like a move to the EPL is on the cards and that’s a minimum £35-45m now now they are involved . That mob will make another massive sell on . Absolute scum.

20 goals in 46 appearances this season.
4 of them penalties.

So realistically 16 goals in 46 appearances.

1 goal per 146 minutes (per 186 if excluding penalties)

Not bad stats but certainly not enough to laughably say Man Utd and Arsenal are interested.

Back