Man Utd away tickets

Rodney Wallace

Anyone in the know when it comes to Man Utd away tickets at all?

Got a mate who's 40 soon, and a big Man Utd fan. I've heard the away experience is supposed to be superb and was just exploring it as an option.

Had tried the Edinburgh and Glasgow supporters clubs but no joy.

Anyone got any info on how doable they are to pick up?

Cheers

Think they'll be difficult to come by mate. As plastic a club as they are, they do have a large core of dedicated supporters who follow them up and down the country.

Supporters clubs are probably your best bet, may have to accept going to OT instead of an away game though.

Pick a fixture, try and get a ticket from the same fixture last season and go along and try and "jib in" - what many do.

Think they'll be difficult to come by mate. As plastic a club as they are, they do have a large core of dedicated supporters who follow them up and down the country.

Supporters clubs are probably your best bet, may have to accept going to OT instead of an away game though.
we talk about 'rank patter' a lot on here. Folk having a pop about Man Utd, tourists, southerners etc is up there with the lot of them.

Very, very difficult to get tickets.

They have one of the best away supports going in all honesty. I am no fan of Man U, but their away support is proper.

Only £375 for a ticket for Brentford away here, absolute bargain.

Wonder if that really is true - pop up saying "151 people have bought tickets for this match from us". Crazy for 1 let alone that number. Surprised there are away end tickets on it for that match. Read a Norwegian lad who bought for the home end for Brentford off that site this season, refused entry when he arrived as they knew the ticket had came from there.

Man Utd do a proper top-down, loyalty scheme so it’ll be virtually impossible unless you pay over the odds off a tout

Their away fans are up there with the best in Britain.

The Man Utd away support is class (talking about loyalty, numbers, atmosphere before someone cites 2003)

we talk about 'rank patter' a lot on here. Folk having a pop about Man Utd, tourists, southerners etc is up there with the lot of them.
I paid them a complement and said they have a core of loyal fans who travel all over the world watching them ffs.

They are on the whole a marketing campaign/ youtube club. But what I was saying is that inspite of that they still have a 'traditional' support. So the guy will find it hard to come by tickets.

I paid them a complement and said they have a core of loyal fans who travel all over the world watching them ffs.

They are on the whole a marketing campaign/ youtube club. But what I was saying is that inspite of that they still have a 'traditional' support. So the guy will find it hard to come by tickets.
They are far from a plastic club and they have a massive 'core' of home support as well.

Very difficult I’d imagine and would probably need to go to the tout market (like the site posted above) to get one.

At Chelsea they start off by selling to the top band of loyalty points. Then gradually work their way down. It never makes it to anyone with no points for away games. And sometimes rarely makes it beyond the top few bands when their hospitality crowd are also in the pile. It would be the equivalent of a MyGers triple platinum to get a hold of an away ticket.

see when i mentioned crap 'patter' earlier. Absolute case in point, schoolboy stuff
One look at RSC flags on show at euro/away games and the “all Man Utd fans are southerners” patter is quashed

We pride ourselves on having RSCs around the world yet seem to slag Utd for being “tourists”. Ridiculous

One look at RSC flags on show at euro/away games and the “all Man Utd fans are southerners” patter is quashed

We pride ourselves on having RSCs around the world yet seem to slag Utd for being “tourists”. Ridiculous
cockney reds is one of the books I have in the house,
decent read

Man Utd do a proper top-down, loyalty scheme so it’ll be virtually impossible unless you pay over the odds off a tout
Still a bit crap that you can buy an exec season ticket and get first dibs mind ain't it.

Aren't home games away trips for most Man U fans?

Like rangers for me then. I travel every week from Northern Ireland to watch my club as does thousands of others from all over the UK. Doesnt make us any more or any less fans just because we don’t live 15 minutes away.

What does annoy me though is the English league fans over here slagging me for supporting a Scottish team as we are “shite” and Scotland league is “crap” yet they sit on their arses in a bar and never make that journey to support their club the profess to support in England.

I do get the “tourist” thing though. Although Man Utd, liverpool etc do have their hardcore support there is no denying that the Asian, American element in the support ruins it a bit with their half and half scarves etc.

I hope that never comes to Scotland. The day we share a half and half scarf with any team in the same league as us is the day I will give it up.

I do get the “tourist” thing though. Although Man Utd, liverpool etc do have their hardcore support there is no denying that the Asian, American element in the support ruins it a bit with their half and half scarves etc.

I hope that never comes to Scotland. The day we share a half and half scarf with any team in the same league as us is the day I will give it up.
Their away support is nothing like that though

see when i mentioned crap 'patter' earlier. Absolute case in point, schoolboy stuff

Want some more 'crap patter'

Man U aren't going to shag you.

Just like rangers then?

That would be funny if there wasn’t a sizeable proportion of our ST holders that stay outwith Glasgow
Most of our support attending games live within 30 miles of Ibrox. Thousands upon thousands of Man U fans are travelling huge distances for ‘ home ‘ games.

Most of our support attending games live within 30 miles of Ibrox. Thousands upon thousands of Man U fans are travelling huge distances for ‘ home ‘ games.
nonsense about Rangers fans. thousands and thousands of us travel good distances

Aye, right you are. :))
Maybe doesn't happen that much now but it was up to a couple of season ago - know lads who will do it, even the women will have a crack doing it with Man U.

Wonder if that really is true - pop up saying "151 people have bought tickets for this match from us". Crazy for 1 let alone that number. Surprised there are away end tickets on it for that match. Read a Norwegian lad who bought for the home end for Brentford off that site this season, refused entry when he arrived as they knew the ticket had came from there.
I've read they're a load of shite mate. There might be some legit cases of them (I think sites like booking.com have similar), but in most cases they're just a tool to try and convince people they're buying a product that sells very well, or selling out quickly or some such.

I've read they're a load of shite mate. There might be some legit cases of them (I think sites like booking.com have similar), but in most cases they're just a tool to try and convince people they're buying a product that sells very well, or selling out quickly or some such.
I would expect so mate, viagogo do similar. Like you say for booking.com I’ve seen EasyJet and Ryanair with stuff like that.

Back