Man Utd change OT backdrop from red to black

Marstonbear

Manchester United have changed the colour of the banners covering the seats at Old Trafford from red to black in an effort to win more home games.

Almost 25 years to the day since former manager Sir Alex Ferguson ordered his players to change their grey shirts at half-time in a match against Southampton because they were struggling to pick each other out, current boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said a similar issue may be a reason for his side's problems at home this season.

United have won 13 (54.2%) and lost six (25%) of their 24 home games in all competitions this season. In contrast the figures away from Old Trafford are 17 wins (65.4%) and three defeats (11.5%) from 26 matches.

Rangers have won 17 out of 17 home league games wearing blue kits with a blue seat background.
Wonder if the real reason is Utd are just shit at home
A lot of our seats are so faded they're almost white tbf B-D

It probably does make a very slight difference when you're playing at a high tempo, don't blame them for trying it

No harm in trying it. If it means a pass that leads to a match winning goal is more accurate then it’s worth it.

Maybe it’s really a tribute to their Men In Black mob.
Let’s not forget, in the 1970’s, Man United had the biggest football hooligan army the world has ever seen. It has not been outnumbered by anyone since those days.

Maybe it’s really a tribute to their Men In Black mob.
Let’s not forget, in the 1970’s, Man United had the biggest football hooligan army the world has ever seen. It has not been outnumbered by anyone since those days.
I thought Rangers chased them across the Stretford End in the 70s?

We surrounded their end outside before the final whistle and they refused to come out for the scrap. Although they did have far less numbers out that day.

there was a song “those were the days my friend” that specifically talked about taking the Stratford end, a huge thread on here before the infamous Ibrox match where they took utter liberties with kids and old men which had loads of posters confirming we did and one of the MIB top boys biography apparently claiming that Ibrox cowardice was their way of gaining back credibility for us taking the Stratford end from their daddies.

I’m too young to have been there, so I don’t know, but you’re saying it didn’t happen for sure?

as for the OP. I hope it doesn’t work, regardless of the colour they use. Scum club with scum fans

there was a song “those were the days my friend” that specifically talked about taking the Stratford end, a huge thread on here before the infamous Ibrox match where they took utter liberties with kids and old men which had loads of posters confirming we did and one of the MIB top boys biography apparently claiming that Ibrox cowardice was their way of gaining back credibility for us taking the Stratford end from their daddies.

I’m too young to have been there, so I don’t know, but you’re saying it didn’t happen for sure?

as for the OP. I hope it doesn’t work, regardless of the colour they use. Scum club with scum fans
Honestly don’t know if we were in the actual Stretford End or not that day. We were outside it at the end waiting for them and Doc’s Red Army stayed inside til the cops cleared our lads.

100% there were Rangers fans in the Stretford end that day. The vast majority of us were in the opposite end, but a sizable number managed to get in and give it laldy in the centre of the SE. The Man Utd fans moved away, so there was a big gap right in the middle filled with bears. Man Utd regrouped and tried to run them out.

I reckon 500 - 1000 bears, and they were cheered on by the rest of us in the scoreboard end. You could see the bottles flying through the air back and forth, and Man utd fans trying to attack them.

They were eventually moved out by the police who surrounded them.

Then the battles moved onto the pitch, there were fights everywhere.

And I believe there was also a friendly game of football being played.

Back