Man Utd dressing room post Cantona fan kick out

Funny story and well told although I gather he has had a lot of practice on the speakers circuit.

Read some of the comments after it and it would seem some of this is made up. eg Robson being at Boro.

What I found strange though was some fans saying that he was making fun out of a death. Apparently a palace fan got killed in a clash between the 2 sets of supporters at a game not long after. Bit of a long bow to link one to the other IMHO.

I was reading the comments on the post on facebook,they were sayinng robson was at middlesbrough at the time and hughes was injured and was not there but funny story to tell all the same

Funny story and well told although I gather he has had a lot of practice on the speakers circuit.

Read some of the comments after it and it would seem some of this is made up. eg Robson being at Boro.

What I found strange though was some fans saying that he was making fun out of a death. Apparently a palace fan got killed in a clash between the 2 sets of supporters at a game not long after. Bit of a long bow to link one to the other IMHO.
The internet is full of pussys that like to get offended

Seems to be a lingering resentment from this incident. I didn't realise the Palace fans boycotted an FA cup semi final reply because of it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mmed-Palace-fan-ahead-Saturdays-showdown.html

That is excellent. Great story.

However, it does sum up the way SAF protected Cantona after the event. Compare and contrast with how we treated Big Dunc, Donald Findlay and Fury.

Lessons to be learned there :)
Yeah Fergie treated Cantona like Walter did with Gazza...

They always get away with more than Gary Bollan

That is a quality video, was looking for it on YouTube yesterday and there were some less polished earlier versions from sharpe on there

I was reading the comments on the post on facebook,they were sayinng robson was at middlesbrough at the time and hughes was injured and was not there but funny story to tell all the same

The gist of the story is true as David May told the same story on the documentary 5live did a few years back to mark the 20th anniversary of the incident.

I recall reading Ferguson's book years ago, if I remember correctly Fergie himself wasn't actually aware of what Cantona had done at the time, he just thought there was a bit of afters after Cantona had went off. He went home pissed off, his son tried to talk to him about it and he snapped saying I don't want to talk about it, he went into the ground the next day totally oblivious to the shitstorm which was happening.

Funny. But a pile of shite.

Robson was at Middlesbrough for six months before this happened and Mark Hughes was out injured.

Robson was at Middlesbrough for six months before this happened and Mark Hughes was out injured.
He may have got some names wrong but the story is still funny and probably very close to what happened.

Not really. It's in the comments below the youtube video.

I wasn’t solely talking to this incident. His memory of games and incidents is impressive.

I can’t imagine he watches a YouTube re-run of every game or flash point.

am8m6h.png

Some inaccuracies in the players from the tall tale.

David may told the story on skys fantasy football show a the start of the season, but it was all about cantona losing his man for the goal. Someone's at it.

I'm sure he was getting tore into everyone and then said to may you lost your man and may replied it was Eric's man "you can't be doing that son*

I take it half of you haven’t been to a speakers night. This is what they are paid to do, tell a story with a few jokes in it. As long as it’s close to the truth does it matter if a few white lies are told to exaggerate it ?

I don't find that kind of cliched tripe funny at all from sharpe . You know what's coming from a mile off not just with him but all of them .

I'm known for being a bit miserable , was dragged along to one speakers dinner do which was goram and John philliben of Motherwell and was assured it would be "brilliant":rolleyes:can honestly say was unfunny predictable regurgitated made up claptrap and couldn't wait to get home . Just not my cup of tea I suppose .

I don't find that kind of cliched tripe funny at all from sharpe . You know what's coming from a mile off not just with him but all of them .

I'm known for being a bit miserable , was dragged along to one speakers dinner do which was goram and John philliben of Motherwell and was assured it would be "brilliant":rolleyes:can honestly say was unfunny predictable regurgitated made up claptrap and couldn't wait to get home . Just not my cup of tea I suppose .
Fancy a pint sometime?

Back