Man Utd fans complain of 'deplorable treatment' in Bruges

%^*& Manchester, the way they handled us was an utter disgrace and they fucked it for a UEFA final.

They've a bit of a cheek after the way we were treated in their city and the way the try to be the big hard men everywhere they go but I do agree that cops in Europe tend to be very much over the top when any British team comes to visit - Spain being by far he worst.

So were the arrangements different from other clubs’ fans get in Bruges, or are they just whinging because they have a sense of entitlement as Man United fans?

I thought Bruges was a nice, friendly city and there were no problems that I came across when we played them in 93.

Dry yer eyes manc cnuts.
YvydkEo.gif

Wasn't keen on Bruges, just found it a rip off really more than anything else - interesting to hear a few people call it a shithole (got the joke now but wouldn’t be surprised if people didn’t have a great opinion of the place!) Really liked Ghent, much calmer and fairly priced and enjoyed Antwerp, more of a lads place than the other two..

Gent, Antwerp, Brugge, in that order. Brussels is a dive. I'm guessing the shithole comments are a reference to In Bruges, but it's a class wee place, but it's overrun by tourist groups. Never found it to be a rip-off but apart from going on a boat trip up the canals I don't tend to go for the typically touristy stuff. Loads of smashing bars and there's a great brewery called Brouwerij de Halve Maan that does a really good tour.

I liked Antwerp when I went but the area immediately around the train station is a bit sketchy; it's a bit of a juxtaposition between the grandeur of Antwerp Centraal and the square when you get out.

Back