Man utd looking to pay £30m for 16 yr old

Absolutely bonkers. The amount of avenues that can go wrong with an undeveloped 16 year old makes this kind of money incredulous.

There’s just so much that can go wrong with this kind of signing. At 16 years old it’s a HUGE gamble especially for that kind of money. Mental

The boys meant to be a great talent, but that's getting ridiculous.
it is crazy money.Blues have financial issues so We will sell.Iv not saw the lad live as I don't get down Blues often these days but by all accounts He is Good.A fan too I believe.Think Blues will sell but loan him back .
Man Utd need Young players who are more proven for the here and now IMo

Sky has a lot to answer for... Back in the day Rangers used to make more money from merchandising than Man Utd did!

I remember being stunned when Denilson went for 21m, now we've got 16 year old going for more than that. Mental. Suppose 30m is nothing to them, if you look at the price some of the dross in that league sells for even if he ends up not being great they'll probably be able to sell him at a profit to some other EPL jobbers.

Man U are a shambles. I’ve never heard of this kid. He may have the skill but I doubt he’ll have the physical presence to match it nor the maturity required to play top flight football. That takes time to develop. You can’t just chuck him into the first team as a regular starter and hope for the best. There are very few 16 year olds you can do that with. Even fewer at a club like Man U. Less still to stop the rot there and turn them around.
Paying £30m for a kid is ludicrous.
Woodward is ruining them.

30 Million Pounds.

On a body that’s not even stopped growing yet.

And people say Manchester United don’t have a coherent future strategy.

I don’t understand this. The article says he can’t sign a professional contract until June so why are Birmingham getting a transfer fee?

As much as I think they are doing the right thing by looking after their future, the need to be concentrating on the present

Remember arsenal paying about £13 million for the Walcott at 17 years old. Thought that was crazy at the time but turned out its was £5 million and the rest of it made up from add ons. This will be the same

He must be some player for that figure to be thrown about but that could quite easily ruin a youngsters career that sort of money.

Back