Management and players lay wreaths after passing of Walter Smith

Mcgregor is broken, and I’d imagine davis won’t be far behind. Those two played under Walter and knew the man

I was there as was down to see father in law who live not far from the stadium.
Very moving and I agree that McGregor did indeed look totally lost.

Greegs always struck me as a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. If he or the manager feels he cannot play tonight then I would completely understand and I am sure that McLaughlin will step in and do the business as usual.

Nice touch, but seeing the players there makes me even more sure we shouldnt be playing tonight. Even Tav looked lost laying the wreath

Poor McGregor, it’s hard to watch someone you see as being a tough man on the exterior looking so upset, and no one could possibly judge him for that. Heartbreaking.

Very respectful. Very emotional. Davis and McGregor being there to honour him tugs on the heartstrings even more.

Same mate! Said yesterday it should’ve been postponed as people need a few days to get our heads round everything. It’s hit the players, staff and support pretty bad. (Of course no where near as much as Walters family)

Just thought McGregor looked pretty awkward and unsure what to do, which doesn't entirely shock me as he always strikes me as someone who wouldn't be the biggest fan of having to do something like that with people watching on.

He does look awkward as they come, but look at is face as he turns to the camera after laying the wreath, he is gutted you can see it in his face there.

I think the clip should have went on longer to show the directors as well.

Disagree.

Walter would want game played. Of that I have absolutely no doubt.
I know what your saying mate and understand that Walter to his credit would want the team to go out there and win the game but surly the players should have been asked if they are up for it?Mcgregor does not look in any way shape or form mentally match fit here in this short video.Do you think he will play tonight?

Back