Management and players lay wreaths after passing of Walter Smith

Very poignant moment there and Greegsy looks totally shocked

I am really upset and never met the man so how must all the players, management team and all his friends and family be feeling at this time is hard to comprehend

If the players who played for Sir Walter are too upset you totally feel for them

I just hope the players who do play tonight go out and get us the 3 points

It’s the best tribute we can do for The Gaffer

WATP

McGregor just looked a bit awkward there and didn’t really know where to stand.
I didn’t see any real difference from how he normally looks.
Look at his face, he definitely does look different.

Seeing the emotional state of the players and manager underlines how phenomenal a result it would be if they emerge victorious tonight.

A clearly emotional Greegsy, and no surprise. I'm sure over the years the guidance and support he has had from Walter will not be forgotten and he's bound to be feeling it.

Strong set of boys right there! Get out and do the great man proud tonight lads. We’re all with you

McGregor just looked a bit awkward there and didn’t really know where to stand.
I didn’t see any real difference from how he normally looks.
It showed you even clearer on sky sports news , his cheeks are drawn in and his face looks crumpled. Harrowing to see , I personally don’t think he or Davis should play this evening . Over 300 games between them under Walter , impossible

This is truely heartbreaking, but watching great sadness emanate from the faces of our heroes paying tribute to one of our own, brings about the emotions from inside that I am feeling just now and in turn makes me even more proud and stronger than ever before being a Rangers Supporter. This is what makes our club so special. God Save The Queen.

Thought it would be easier today. Man that hits home
Just when I think I'm sorted again I see something like this and I'm in bits again. I'm not normally like this at all but this has really hit me and is continually hitting me.

I always knew he was a true gentleman but all of the stories and tributes make his passing a sad day for not only football but humanity as a whole, because men of his stature are so very rare.

I'm absolutely proud of McGregor, Davis and Tav there, along with the Management, McGregor is quite visibly upset, it's bloody heartbreaking

I know what your saying mate and understand that Walter to his credit would want the team to go out there and win the game but surly the players should have been asked if they are up for it?Mcgregor does not look in any way shape or form mentally match fit here in this short video.Do you think he will play tonight?
I don’t know if he will, but he shouldn’t, and neither should Steven Davis.

Difficult to watch, that.

Walter would have been such a massive influence on Davis and Greegsy. Two of then looked absolutely heartbroken.

We are all in this together lads.

Allan won’t be ashamed to admit that he loved that man. He will be gutted. His whole life has been dominated by Rangers and Walter gave him that trust to take the jersey and make it his own.

Even Steven Davis looked done in. Walter brought him to the club as a relative unknown, but Walter knew that he had to bring in players who had an affinity with the club in his second spell, he knew Davo wouldn’t let him down and I’m pretty sure Walter will be looking down on these boys with immense pride at how they’ve turned out as Rangers players and as Men.

The whole thing just hasn’t sunk in with me personally at all.

This man was EVERYTHING to us. Let’s do him proud tonight. #WinItForWalter

Not surprised about the camera phones, when I paid my respects yesterday evening with a bunch of flowers and a moments pause I turned round to see a grown man filming me.

Its the world we live in unfortunately.

Davis and McGregor walking out with Tav set me off.

They were here and experienced him first hand.

Rest in peace Gaffer.

Fitting that 2 players played under him walk out with the captain to pay their respects. Could see it via their Instagram account last night what Walter Smith meant to both of them. Gerrard and Robertson look very similar to Mcgregor as well.

This has been a hard couple of days, but it is evident that for those inside our club, or close to Walter, that this was entirely expected and we were ready with a plan. It doesn't take the hurt and pain away, but I guess we have been preparing for this sad inevitability for the last 10 days it seems. From the quick posting of a 7 minute tribute, we were ready and so hopefully that is reflected in a team that wants to bust a gut in his memory tonight, but doesn't end up emotionally drained in the last 20 minutes. Let's carry them tonight Bears.

I apologise to all who sit around me at Ibrox in advance for crying.

No chance I can stop myself tonight during the silence after watching that.

I apologise to all who sit around me at Ibrox in advance for crying.

No chance I can stop myself tonight during the silence after watching that.
One thing for sure, i'd think more of you for showing a bit of raw emotion than anyone taking a selfie at the gates while others try to leave a token of respect and have a quite reflection.

Back