Manager confirms loan offer for Kent

We're not going to pay £12m for him so we can probably rule out signing him permanently. I am sure Liverpool will want to offload him though - I really can't see him featuring for them. So, hopefully he doesn't fancy going to another English team just now and wants to see if he can up his stock at Rangers for another season.

He has another very good season and some good European games under his belt with Rangers it should up his value further for Liverpool.

He never mentioned the word loan but he said he hoped we could get him for another year therefore suggesting we're trying to get a loan deal. By not splashing all the cash out on Kent it allows us to improve elsewhere in the squad and then once another year is off his contract we could make our move at the end of next season. Makes sense.

We're not going to pay £12m for him so we can probably rule out signing him permanently. I am sure Liverpool will want to offload him though - I really can't see him featuring for them. So, hopefully he doesn't fancy going to another English team just now and wants to see if he can up his stock at Rangers for another season.

He has another very good season and some good European games under his belt with Rangers it should up his value further for Liverpool.

Liverpool haven't said they want £12m, a newspaper did.

They're always wrong aren't they.

Liverpool haven't said they want £12 million, I thought fans would realise after all of these years that the majority of it is utter guff.

Liverpool haven't said they want £12m, a newspaper did.

They're always wrong aren't they.
Yes, they are usually wrong. However, I don't doubt that in the utterly stupid English transfer market they could get around that for him. Question is, does anyone want to stick the offer in.

If it's a loan, maybe it has a reasonable option to buy included. I would not be paying big bucks for him. Personally Id be playing Murphy at left wing before him every day of the week. Maybe we can move him infield more. I like his grace and his balance but his end product ain't there. Maybe it will come

Yes, they are usually wrong. However, I don't doubt that in the utterly stupid English transfer market they could get around that for him. Question is, does anyone want to stick the offer in.

We may make the highest offer they receive so you never really know.

We need to get this dealt with quickly.

I like him and would love to have him tied up but if it’s not going to happen we need to deal with it and move on quickly.

We can’t be fucking about waiting for an answer until the end of July only to be disappointed and have a bad atmosphere creep in.

Can’t see us getting him on a permanent so if anything should be another season long loan, depending on other teams interest and Kent’s desire to stay in Scotland

I think for his skill and pace, he under delivers. He should be scoring more and creating more goals. I want him running at central defenders and committing them.

Any Ppl thinking we’re Gona buy him, ain’t Gona happen.

Don’t see the big thing that some folk make out, between loans and buying a player.

No upfront cost for a Loan, pay a portion of wage, get the use of the player for the yr, hand him back. It’s Perfect for using players u can’t afford in reality

Rumour I heard down here in Staffordshire is that Stoke are interested in signing him. I really hope they don't make a move because we wouldn't be able to compete with the money they would be able to offer for him.

I think another loan for a year would be the best thing for us given our position. I'd far rather have him on another loan and use any cash to strengthen other positions first.

If Klopp is offloading to build a kitty for next season then selling Kent is likely to be first choice before loaning him out for another year. It will be incredible if he stays but I’ll be amazed if he is here for another year.

I would not pay any more than £4 million for him.

Flatters to deceive too often...and his finishing is woeful.
Agreed. Realistic price for him is 4-5 million for me. He's tremendously entertaining and gets you of your seat, but his finishing is poor in all honesty and he is very very raw. Anything up to 5 million would be fair for me but sadly the money down south is nuts.

I don’t think Liverpool will be in any rush to sell him to anyone. They are not exactly strapped for cash, and any money they did bring in would not make a difference to their budget given the markets they now operate in.
I’ll sound selfish here, but I think it would be in everyone’s interest to give Ryan Kent another year at Rangers and allow him to continue his development. He is more or less guaranteed a start every week, and he will get more European experience. Another season at Ibrox will make him a better player and his value in monetary terms is likely to increase. It certainly won’t decrease, so Liverpool have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Any Ppl thinking we’re Gona buy him, ain’t Gona happen.

Don’t see the big thing that some folk make out, between loans and buying a player.

No upfront cost for a Loan, pay a portion of wage, get the use of the player for the yr, hand him back. It’s Perfect for using players u can’t afford in reality

I don't think that's always the case. There may be a loan fee, and the club may have to pay the whole wage.

I think it really depends on what both clubs want out of the deal.

He stated it was a loan offer. I can't see Liverpool or the player for that matter being as enthusiastic for this. Especially if there's concrete transfer offers on the table.

People are forgetting for large parts of the season he is very consistent. Murphy contributes more.

Kent turns up v the tarries. Which is why we love him.

I don't think that's always the case. There may be a loan fee, and the club may have to pay the whole wage.

I think it really depends on what both clubs want out of the deal.

Aye but in the main it’s less costly than that

Back