Manager confirms loan offer for Kent

Another year with us could enhance his value, play in Europe and win some silverware. This has been his most successful loan maybe he fancies another year ?

I think there is a love affair with Rangers fans and that skillfull winger. We have been lucky to have witnessed so many and its a joy to watch and gets you of your seat. Think that is the reason so many want Kent to stay. He can do things none of our other players can, the unexpected turn and trick is what football is all about, entertainment.
However if we cannot keep Kent then another winger will do a similar job and we will not be out millions of pounds, if we buy him we need to know that we can recoup our money, but at 22 will Kent really be a much better player in a couple of years, maybe he will?
I think anything around 6 million or under I would be confident we would make a profit on him

That seems to be the figure that was leaked a couple of weeks back. Even spread over 3 seasons that's too much for us.
Mad thing is a Derby county or the likes could but him for that no problem.

A figure coming from a journalist, they're hardly reliable are they.

But yeah championship teams can obviously afford fee's like that

Got a good feeling about this. Can’t imagine the manager making that comment unless there was a good chance of it happening. Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

Whole system is fucked. Sky and Bt need to go bankrupt to even the financial playing field and fifa man the %^*& up with financial fair play penalties and stop clubs from stockpiling young talent

I think today was the last we've seen of Kent.

I'd expect us to replace him with someone less pleasing on the eye but will deliver better numbers in terms of goals & assists.

Would be surprised if a loan deal happens anytime soon, they will wait until he reports back for pre season to assess him then review the options.

The big question is whether an English team goes in with crazy money

… no word on permanent or loan or whatever but Gerrard says we're trying everything we can to keep Kent at Ibrox.

I honestly believe one more season with us would hugely benefit Ryan's career.

He'd have two seasons european football experience on his CV, and probably winners medals (I genuinely believe that) :D

He'll also improve his end product under Gerrard and McAllister. I think Liverpool get a much improved player back or a bigger fee in 12 months. There certainly isn't any question that their player won't get massive first team game time with us.

I honestly believe one more season with us would hugely benefit Ryan's career.

He'd have two seasons european football experience on his CV, and probably winners medals (I genuinely believe that) :D

He'll also improve his end product under Gerrard and McAllister. I think Liverpool get a much improved player back or a bigger fee in 12 months. There certainly isn't any question that their player won't get massive first team game time with us.
I'd love us to keep him, but does another season doing well in Scottish football with a chance of Europe actually increase his value massively beyond what its at just now? He's already proved that he can play at a higher level than Scottish football and I wouldn't blame Liverpool for wanting to cash in just now.

Back