Manager interview

An EL final that we didn't win and CL funds that currently have us sitting second in a dross league, primed to face another gruelling qualifying process next year.

The domestic trophy being a sole Scottish cup after overseeing a double figure point swing in the league.

So what he's won is nothing to write home about and the funds brought in from his Euro campaigns don't seem to have improved us.

The funds have been necessary for the Club's well-being. It's not only about on-the-field, though I wish it were.

Your post is typical of the current FF mindset, though. Everything's a negative and any achievement must be diminished. It's a joyless outlook.

Incidentally, to call someone who remained at the elite level of football for many years as lacking in ambition and intensity is simply clueless.

Too respectful, out his depth, refusal to admit mistakes, talking in riddles, talking about the league?? Gone as far as I’m concerned.
It was a bit cringy,as you say,too respectful and there doesn't seem to be any rage that we didn't show our best form middle to front and going straight to the St Mirren game as if to say oh well came across so weak and you could say the same about certain members of the Board who think it's just good to qualify and not compete,SR shows that weakness. I'd take a defeat if we battled and we're unlucky but not this. I know we were in a tough group,but how can we show up so poorly when we've beaten the likes of Dortmund,who I'd say are CL level. He has to change it and get back to the game we were playing up to Seville.

Its so easy to see why we look so weak in the big games this season.

Given Gio’s demeanour can anyone see him firing the players up and getting them pumped up for a big game? Its hard to see TBH..

100% mate. The loudmouths get free reign on here to abuse anyone and everyone at the club as much as they like.

Anyone has a go back at the clowns and its a weeks holiday.
yet this post fires abuse at other posters - you need to take a look at yourself for displaying the same thing you complain about chief - no self awareness at all

It's mad to think we have brought in one of the supposed founding "brains" of City groups football philosophy and have gotten even worse tactically LOLZA.

he will be on a pretty penny aswell to do what? Make gio's tactics even worse? Evem more boring?

We are passing time here until they either build a big points gap or pump us at Ibrox in the new year game, when he will be inevitably be booted. Unfortunately for us it will be too little too late

It's mental is what it is. But par for the course these days on here, eh?

Why’s it mental? Because it’s not in agreement with your opinion?

As for it being par for the course, opinions and thoughts will always vary wildly on a football forum.

In all honesty, I can't get excited about his interviews any more, it's usually the same stuff.

Even ignoring his coaching career for a sec, man who rises from Feyenoord academy to win titles in Holland, Scotland, England and Spain, also wins the CL and plays in a World Cup final, as captain, isn't ambitious? :D
Gio had a fantastic career as a player playing under attack minded managers but he certainly isn't an attack minded manager not the way he has us playing.

Gio had a fantastic career as a player playing under attack minded managers but he certainly isn't an attack minded manager not the way he has us playing.
The poster said he wasn't "ambitious". It's just another silly personal dig at the manager. People might not like his approach, but to say he isn't ambitious is just obviously mental.

The poster said he wasn't "ambitious". It's just another silly personal dig at the manager. People might not like his approach, but to say he isn't ambitious is just obviously mental.
Yes I get what he said but I still understood what he was implying let's just say we didn't show any ambition to win the game the other night.
Do I think gio wants win titles & cups yes he certainly does but let's be honest the manner he has us playing is not very entertaining his team selections are baffling at times .

Even ignoring his coaching career for a sec, man who rises from Feyenoord academy to win titles in Holland, Scotland, England and Spain, also wins the CL and plays in a World Cup final, as captain, isn't ambitious? :D
You’ve focused solely on ambition which I agree he must have had during his PLAYING career.

The poster you are saying is mental is possibly talking about the current Gio who in the opinion of many comes across as insipid, uninspiring, unimaginative and lacking passion.

It’s all about opinions though.

You’ve focused solely on ambition which I agree he must have had during his PLAYING career.

The poster you are saying is mental is possibly talking about the current Gio who in the opinion of many comes across as insipid, uninspiring, unimaginative and lacking passion.

It’s all about opinions though.
Yeah I've focused on the actual post I've replied to. That's generally how it works.

I think he’s very ambitious and very talented. The same could be said for many people in private sector industries - but that doesn’t mean everyone is cut out to be CEO.

Gio lacks some degree of charisma and leadership (I think) to clearly communicate his philosophy and style, to the point where all we see on the pitch is a desperate struggle to compete (even against teams far weaker than us).

Wh
Yeah I've focused on the actual post I've replied to. That's generally how it works.
What was the other trait mentioned though? As you didn’t address that one.

Its’s fine, your a Gio fan. Others aren’t. Instead of calling people mental try and respect their opinions instead.

Wh

What was the other trait mentioned though? As you didn’t address that one.

Its’s fine, your a Gio fan. Others aren’t. Instead of calling people mental try and respect their opinions instead.
I'm a Rangers fan.

I didn't address the other point because nobody on this forum knows how "intense" he is. Do they?

Why’s it mental? Because it’s not in agreement with your opinion?

As for it being par for the course, opinions and thoughts will always vary wildly on a football forum.
Unless you raise a point contrary to Southern Ger and he pulls threads, or bans u for daring to post something he doesn’t like?

But you do know how ambitious he is?
Even a cursory glance at his career in football would suggest so. It was a silly post. I've no idea why you're so eager to defend it. But like I say, it really is par for the course on the forum these days.

Even a cursory glance at his career in football would suggest so. It was a silly post. I've no idea why you're so eager to defend it. But like I say, it really is par for the course on the forum these days.

I am defending the fact that other peoples opinions are as relevant as yours or mine, I think an element of viciousness has crept into this forum with the way some people reply to others and it’s over the top.

Which managers interviews do you like?

People forget The Legend Walter’s interviews, where he came away having talked for 5 minutes & told the press nothing.

I’ll stick to judging us on the park, rather than all of the peripheral stuff.

In saying that, I’ll be really disappointed if we don’t bring in at least one starter in midfield in the next break. We need energy & vitality.

He knows he's beat, the players don't play for him, because they don't like the set up and yet he's so arrogant he refuses to change.
"The players don't play for him, because they don't like the set up".

That comment carries a level of authority. Would I be right in saying that this is you guessing?

Having a go at the manager for his management is fair enough and warranted in a lot of ways, however having a go at the way he talks is just moaning for the sake of it.

Don’t like his interviews? Don’t watch them, there’s plenty of media outlets that will write out what he’s said for you to read.

Which managers interviews do you like?
It's not about liking the interviews, it's more about looking forward to hearing what the manager's thoughts on the game are.

Have you never heard an interview and gained an insight from it?

Back