Manager Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Mcleish failed to win the League with Motherwell and Hibs the big second placed failure that he is, I wonder what he could have done with a bit of backing at a bigger club?

Probably nothing #Dud.
Mcleish inherited a better squad of players and aslo a higher budget than we have now.

Yes. Celtic fan who used to pretend to be a football agent. Now just pretends to be a neutral Scottish football lover with no specific allegiance to anyone. The anti-Rangers agenda oozes out him.

Probably a virgin too.
Maybe in the giving sense of the word...:rolleyes:

Proven wrong on what .that mcleish inherited a better squad than we have now. Don,t think so.so explain what you exactly mean.

You are looking for any dregs that are left to help fight your anti-mcinnes mindset.

Accept that we've had managers who looked worse than mcinnes turn out to be very successful.

The irony in your post being that if there was an FF when Souness left, Smith would be getting it every bit as tight as McInnes is now.
He'd never even been a manager FFS.

Walter Smith had played and coached under Jim McLean, one of the greatest Scottish managers during one of those successful spells for Dundee Utd. He had bags of experience as coach of Scotland under 18 & under 21, and then a good few years at Rangers with Souness.

McInnes doesn't have quite as good a track record but he has a reasonable win rate compared to other sheep managers and has also had a promotion with St Johnstone. Hopefully he's learned a thing or two from Smith and Advocaat during his time at Rangers.

You are looking for any dregs that are left to help fight your anti-mcinnes mindset.

Accept that we've had managers who looked worse than mcinnes turn out to be very successful.
Well i,ll give you one thing you made me laugh thats for sure .accept that there are managers worse than mcinnes who have turned out very successful . Mcleish did okay .but as i said he inherited a better squad and at that time we had more money to spend.that was my point .but you can,t seem to take that in .never mind
So let me ask you a question why do you want mcinnes is it because hes the best of a bad bunch or do you really think that he can take us forward or maybe have a think about this one .we simply won,t get any worse than we are .as a rangers fan do you accept being second.sorry that was two questions.if you could answer answer that would be a great help.

Maybe come third in a 2 horse race when he had to build his own team?

You also forgot to mention he built his own championship winning side which was probably his greatest achievement as Rangers manager. After our treble winning season several important players left the club as we were downsizing due to financial issues. It was a transitional period and the following season we struggled. However, he managed to totally rebuild the squad by season 2004–05 which led to us winning the league and league cup. The vast majority of players in that squad were McLeish signings.

Well i,ll give you one thing you made me laugh thats for sure .accept that there are managers worse than mcinnes who have turned out very successful . Mcleish did okay .but as i said he inherited a better squad and at that time we had more money to spend.that was my point .but you can,t seem to take that in ..

He did more than "okay" - 2 Scottish Cups, 3 League Cups and 2 League titles during a period of significant change at the Club.

Now hiring Pedro was how far we sunk now this is how we get back up.

I know you have your reservations but he will get us going and he has done that good a job with the sheep after a season a a bit with us spending millions on fees and wages we still can't catch his team.

Don't give him the attention he craves mate?

In a previous post you mentioned "We have come to accepted mediocrity over the last few years" - in what way?

Given we're about to appoint our 4th manager in as many years, it appears mediocrity has not been accepted but we are striving for more.
Sorry maybe i should have put that part a bit better .we have had 3 mediocre mangers . Mccoist, warburton and pedro. Which i think you would agree with. I rember at the time of the old bosrd ssying mcoist was a mistake .warburton we all bought into him to start with pedro well as i said at the time a strange appointment .but even at the end of their time at rangers plenty of people were still willing to defend them.even thoughi think a good few of us knew they wern,t up to the job.so thats where the mediocrity comes from.
Given as you said we are going to be on our fourth manger it kind of makes my point we have employed mediocre managers and the majority have sat back and accepted it as they support the club through thick and thin.
Now we have a chance to try and push the boat out and get a real manager in some one who will take us forward.
We might not agree with who the manger is but we want the best for the club .i,m sure we all agree on that.
As you mate i want whats best for the club and i feel that mcinnes isn,t the man to take us forward and challenge for the title. As for the walter smith thing at the time i was more than happy for him to be manager.but finding people like smith nowadays isn,t easy.

Well i,ll give you one thing you made me laugh thats for sure .accept that there are managers worse than mcinnes who have turned out very successful . Mcleish did okay .but as i said he inherited a better squad and at that time we had more money to spend.that was my point .but you can,t seem to take that in .never mind
So let me ask you a question why do you want mcinnes is it because hes the best of a bad bunch or do you really think that he can take us forward or maybe have a think about this one .we simply won,t get any worse than we are .as a rangers fan do you accept being second.sorry that was two questions.if you could answer answer that would be a great help.

He did okay!! Mate he went up against the strongest Celtic team I’ve ever seen and in the process of beating them to the titles gave me some of the greatest times ever following Rangers also is in a very elite group who won a treble you do the man a great disservice in fact saying that is poor.

He did okay!! Mate he went up against the strongest Celtic team I’ve ever seen and in the process of beating them to the titles gave me some of the greatest times ever following Rangers also is in a very elite group who won a treble you do the man a great disservice in fact saying that is poor.

The contempt towards McLeish on here is a disgrace, especially the ones who think he only won trophies with advocaats players, its almost as if 2005 didn't happen.

Mcleish inherited a better squad of players and aslo a higher budget than we have now.
Derek Mcinnes is inheriting a better squad than he has now with more backing at his disposal but you have a different agenda where DM is concerned, I think that's clear for all to see.
So I'm not interested in anything else you have to say, enjoy your day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back