Manager on Kenny Miller

Petted lip from a lot of FF posters (not necessarily on this thread) as their hatred of Miller could be hidden behind this 'rat' stuff and that seems to not be the case. He's not played well this season, but honestly, Jack, Morelos and Candias asides, who has?

Surely Pedro knows Pena better than we do,also seeing him in training every day,surely you have to go with the gaffer's call.

Don't want to see Miller play for us again, he's done, been hands down our worst player this season

Still find the whole situation quite bizarre! On form, shouldn't be near the starting 11

Whether he was the leak or not never felt as serious an issue to me as the impression that he’s been a prominent critic of the manager in the dressing room and amongst the squad.

It looks like Pedro gave him more than enough of a chance to do his talking on the pitch before it came to a head.

If the manager now feels the situation has improved, fair enough, but I still think we might see Miller move on in January.

Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha has revealed that he has held talks with Kenny Miller after a disagreement that saw the veteran forward excluded from the first team squad.

Miller was dropped from the squad to face Hamilton in Rangers last Premiership game before the international break. His exclusion came just days after a squad meeting to discuss the 2-0 loss to Celtic in which Caixinha told the squad in no uncertain terms that they had to pull together.

The forward played in a closed-doors friendly with Morton during the international break and Caixinha said that they had a discussion and suggested he had explained his decision to the player.

"[He reacted] with full respect," Caixinha said when asked about Miller's exclusion from the squad. "He's a senior player and he understands these things.

"We spoke and we clarified everything regarding those decisions. Sometimes it's important to justify your decisions. Other times, I don't have to justify anything.

"But we clarified everything."

The Rangers boss didn't go as far as saying that Miller would return to the squad for the Premiership match against St Johnstone on Friday but said he would be treated like any other player.

"Kenny's one of the players from our squad like all the others," he said.

"We always use the term 'equity' so that means all of them are having the same respect from our side.

"But I'm the manager. I decide the players who are going to start the games. I decide the players who are going to be in the squad. I also decide the players who are going to be out of the squad.

"Kenny is definitely one of ours and like all the others it depends on my decision.

"We still have training tomorrow. To be honest, he felt something today in training. I think it's nothing, he's not going to be anything major but tomorrow we'll name the squad and we'll see if he's on the list or not.

"We have more options now. As I told you, Kenny is one of ours and it's my decision if he, like all the others, is on the list or not."

I wouldn't shed any tears if I never saw him in a Rangers jersey again. He shouldn't be near our starting XI now.

Did anyone foresee Miller starting so many games so far this season? Preseason I saw him as a mentor for the new players and as a sub/impact player at best.

Disagreement over, if Miller has got his head down and showing up well in training then he will have a part to play.

Glad it’s been resolved,but I still feel he should be nowhere near the 1st team,if he isn’t off in January,he’ll be off in the summer,which is tad sad,I like Kenny Miller he’s been a consistent player for us all and all over his career with us,scored some really important goals,disappointing.

Great professional, and arguably can be described as a rangers great, but I think given what has happened this season his time is up

If Miller can find some form then he'll have a part to play over the course of the season, but he'll need to accept he isn't an automatic pick, especially based on his form so far.

In that case I am assuming you also think that the mighty Pena should be having a stint with the younger boys as well.

The mighty Pena has offered more in recent weeks than what Miller has. As has Herrera.

Why should Pena be playing with the u-20's?

KM at his career best should be a sub at rangers the fact he has been a regular shows how far we have fallen

Wonder what managerial greats think about Pedro's handling of this
Based on no inside information only what I see it looks like
Player steps out of line - won't speculate on the nature of the offence
Manager disciplines player
Player responds well and is brought back into fold
So looks like no need for all the drama played out by the media

Kenny doesn't improve the team so should be nowhere near the starting lineup

On current form he has to be a substitute at best. Feel this could be Millars last season
I'd like to see him getting a coaches job with one of the youth teams...
To play into your late 30's as a professional footballer and score score goals like he has needs to be passed on to younger players.
They'd learn a lot from him..
How to train, what to eat and how to live your life as a footballer..

I'd like to see him getting a coaches job with one of the youth teams...
To play into your late 30's as a professional footballer and score score goals like he has needs to be passed on to younger players.
They'd learn a lot from him..
How to train, what to eat and how to live your life as a footballer..

He's already assistant coach of the Under 21s

Some of the crap on here is ridiculous. KM was resigned by Pedro, picked as first team choice by Pedro so Pedro must rate KM.

KM has played poorly and deserved to be dropped. If he trains hard and shows the right attitudes then he's a great sub to have going into the last 30 mins of a game.

He's already assistant coach of the Under 21s

Some of the crap on here is ridiculous. KM was resigned by Pedro, picked as first team choice by Pedro so Pedro must rate KM.

KM has played poorly and deserved to be dropped. If he trains hard and shows the right attitudes then he's a great sub to have going into the last 30 mins of a game.

Agree, if he trains hard and deserves to get a place on the bench then good luck to him, but what i've seen this season when he starts , games pass him by...
I'm not anti KM but we need to move the team forward.
P.S. Didn't realise he was a coach...

Based on form, he shouldn't be any where near a starting place.

This! Quite simply in a nutshell!

Manager made a big call by dropping Miller (assuming football reasons were the initial reasons)...... now he needs to make another big call by conceding that his “big money” signing is nowhere near good enough to merit a place in the team right now.

The magic of FF summed up in one ignorant post
RIght you are then. It's ignorant to not rate a player who out with playing for rangers has been a huge success at? After his best season with us where did he go??
I don't dislike Kenny Miller but don't think he is a fantastic footballer.

You must know better factually speaking to start calling peoples post ignorant.

Back