Manager on transfer targets for January

Connor Goldson hadn’t signed a pre contract with anyone else Kent probably will have if he’s still with us when the window closes he certainly wouldn’t be playing every game.
"Probably will have". That settles it then.

He's played just about every available minute under Gerrard, Van Bronckhorst and I suspect he will under Beale as well, regardless of his contract situation. As i said above, his commitment and attitude cannot be questioned. You seem to think that he has downed-tools, but he clearly hasn't. He always shows for the ball, never hides, works hard for the team and the fact that two different managers have used him so extensively, particularly when his form has maybe not warranted it, speaks volumes about what he does bring to the team.

Our club have a certain class that many others worldwide couldn't dream of. We have to respect him enough to allow him to decide himself if wants to sign on again. If not and he goes in the summer, he will go with my best wishes. I'd imagine this to be the case for most screwed-on fans.

We'd have some side in the Lowland League this season if we just papped all our OOC players into the B Team. The Juniors wouldn't know what had hit it!

Last edited:

He's played just about every available minute under Gerrard, Van Bronckhorst and I suspect he will under Beale as well, regardless of his contract situation. As i said above, his commitment and attitude cannot be questioned. You seem to think that he has down-tooled, but he clearly hasn't. He always shows for the ball, never hides, works hard for the team and the fact that two different managers have used him so extensively, particularly when his form has maybe not warranted it, speaks volumes about what he does bring to the team.

Our club have a certain class that many others worldwide couldnt dream of. We have to respect him enough to allow him to decide himself if wants to sign on again. If not and he goes in the summer, he will go with my best wishes. I'd imagine this to be the case for most screwed-on fans.

We'd have some side in the Lowland League this season if we just papped all our OOC players into the B Team. The Juniors wouldn't know what had hit it!
Our class is really shining through when we are being battered in the Champions League and are 9 points behind the filth in the league half way through the season I very good.

Let’s just let everyone run down their contracts and walk away for free ffs wake up and smell the coffee.

He's played just about every available minute under Gerrard, Van Bronckhorst and I suspect he will under Beale as well, regardless of his contract situation. As i said above, his commitment and attitude cannot be questioned. You seem to think that he has down-tooled, but he clearly hasn't. He always shows for the ball, never hides, works hard for the team and the fact that two different managers have used him so extensively, particularly when his form has maybe not warranted it, speaks volumes about what he does bring to the team.

Our club have a certain class that many others worldwide couldnt dream of. We have to respect him enough to allow him to decide himself if wants to sign on again. If not and he goes in the summer, he will go with my best wishes. I'd imagine this to be the case for most screwed-on fans.

“Our club have a certain class that many others worldwide couldnt dream of.”

Eh? We are certainly not showing any class on the pitch and the way our board are handling the club is in no way classy!

Our class is really shining through when we are being battered in the Champions League and are 9 points behind the filth in the league half way through the season I very good.

Let’s just let everyone run down their contracts and walk away for free ffs wake up and smell the coffee.
I'm not talking about class on the pitch. I'm talking about acting with class. You know exactly what was meant by that.

We can't make people sign deals if they don't want to. That goes for deals offered by us or by other clubs. If they don't want to extend, we cant make them. If they don't want to leave, we can't make them.

Footballers have a short career. They are well within their rights to try and maximise earnings during it. They can run down a contract to maximise the signing on fee/wages on their next one. We're talking about sums of money most of us can only dream of earning, securing the future of their families.

Unless Kent's commitment and attitude drop (he's done nothing to suggest it will), I won't change my mind but I suspect you won't either, so it's probably for the best that we leave our discussion here.

Eh? We are certainly not showing any class on the pitch and the way our board are handling the club is in no way classy!
I'm talking traditions, history etc. Nothing class about what we've seen on the field so far this season.

Tell me why we would miss him so much going by his recent league form?

I don’t trust our recruitment team but I am pretty sure Beale and his back room staff will have a few players up their sleeve.
Because he’s our best left winger. Easily. By far. And putting him in the reserves because he won’t resign is stupid waste of talent and money

Can add that to the dignified silence page.

Connor Goldson hadn’t signed a pre contract with anyone else Kent probably will have if he’s still with us when the window closes he certainly wouldn’t be playing every game.

Whether Goldson would have signed for another club it a bit of "if your auntie had baws.." scenario.

He was free to do so at any time, just like Kent is (even outwith the transfer window). So the situations are exactly the same.

It is fucking lunacy to suggest that a player should be banished for executing the terms of a contract that we happily signed.

Because he’s our best left winger. Easily. By far. And putting him in the reserves because he won’t resign is stupid waste of talent and money
I will ask you again like I did ages ago what’s he done in the league in the last 18 months.

Sakala has had better numbers for the games he’s played.

We have lost real good players much much better ones than Ryan Kent and got over it.

Whether Goldson would have signed for another club it a bit of "if your auntie had baws.." scenario.

He was free to do so at any time, just like Kent is (even outwith the transfer window). So the situations are exactly the same.

It is fucking lunacy to suggest that a player should be banished for executing the terms of a contract that we happily signed.
That’s why we will continue to be chasing the manks unless we grow a set and become far more street wise and business savvy.

That’s why we will continue to be chasing the manks unless we grow a set and become far more street wise and business savvy.

You think its business savvy to refuse to utilise a 7m pound asset?

Not that Id ever draw a comparisson between us and Them, but remind us if you could of a time where they sent their best player to the reserves for nothing?

Some will just run down the contract in which case dont play them and let them train with the B team. If they dont want to stay at the club then that is fine but dont come on the park doing little and making sure they dont get injured.
The manager may get something of a boost in the next couple of games and then the same few will just go through the motions. Get Lowry in along with a couple of new signings and if Lawrence is back with maybe another one or two we could freshen things up and go for the league.

You think its business savvy to refuse to utilise a 7m pound asset?

Not that Id ever draw a comparisson between us and Them, but remind us if you could have a time where they sent their best player to the reserves for nothing?
That’s about 15 years ago look at their recent performances best part of 30 million for 3 guys in the last year of their contract while we let 3 of our top assets run theirs out.

I will ask you again like I did ages ago what’s he done in the league in the last 18 months.

Sakala has had better numbers for the games he’s played.

We have lost real good players much much better ones than Ryan Kent and got over it.
He’s done countless good things in 18 months.

He’s twice the player sakala is

Well done on stating the old “we’ve lost better before…” adage. Completely irrelevant. Means nothing.

That’s about 15 years ago look at their recent performances best part of 30 million for 3 guys in the last year of their contract while we let 3 of our top assets run theirs out.

What was about 15 years ago?

You've given an answer thats not even close to answering what I asked.

What was about 15 years ago?

You've given an answer thats not even close to answering what I asked.
Balde was probably in the region of 15 years ago and had about 2-3 years left on his massive contract Kent and Morelos have been allowed to get to the last 6 months of theirs by sheer incompetence.

Last edited:
Is the high amount of injuries we’ve had this season down to just poor training from the management team? If you look at the games we’ve played the team look totally unfit compared to previous seasons. Or has this team just reached the end of the cycle?

Latest posts

Back