Manager on transfer targets for January

SuperGers07

Quotes in tomorrows Sundays:

Asked if he was prepared to spend in the January transfer window, Beale said: “There’s finance available. I’ll be keen to do it if I don’t the right vibe off one or two in the squad.

“Without mentioning names, I have to get the right vibe off certain players. I have to know they’re still the boy we recruited to come in.

“If they don’t want to be here, I don’t want them. I don’t think the club do either.

"Have I got targets already? One or two, but more positional. The cross-border market has been really important to us with Calvin Bassey and Joe Aribo in the past.”

“In my time at Rangers under Steven we knew we didn’t have £5million or £10m to spend on a player.

“But we knew if the right player was identified then the vision we had for the way we play drove the decision.”

We have a massive rebuild on the horizon.

I’ll be absolutely fucking scunnered if we see Davis Arfield Jack in Europe next year again in midfield

We badly need to cut the cord on a lot.
Davis has been a great servant but it’s time sadly.

Everyone out of contract bar Kent and maybe Morelos if he sorts himself should be released or sold on if possible next month

We are in dire need of a RW, LCB and CM in no particular order
We’ve needed a right winger since Gerrard came in 5 years ago. Instead of trying to get the cheap option all the time like Sakala, Wright and Matondo we should get one player for the right hand side at the cost of the 3 of them. I’m sure we could get better options salary wise if we went for one better target then three crap cheap options. Pretty sure we could have got Simmons or Skov Olsen instead of they three.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Matondo is one of them. He showed flashes in the early games that made me think if he got a run he would fill the problem position. Last few games he has played I think he lost possession with every touch.

All noise as far as I'm concerned let's see if we do properly invest in January I have my doubts same goes for next summer and I don't trust Wilson or our recruitment strategy.

If we are serious then we invest in at least 2 or 3 quality players in January add one or two quality bosmans to supplement the rebuild next summer which again requires serious finds I'm not getting my hopes up let's see what happens.

If we go down the bargain basement cheap route then expect more mediocre dross coming in which has been our go to option for several windows.

We’ve needed a right winger since Gerrard came in 5 years ago. Instead of trying to get the cheap option all the time like Sakala, Wright and Matondo we should get one player for the right hand side at the cost of the 3 of them. I’m sure we could get better options salary wise if we went for one better target then three crap cheap options. Pretty sure we could have got Simmons or Skov Olsen instead of they three.

You need someone left footed to play they modern inverted right winger role.

People are mostly right footed because of genetics meaning decent left footed wingers are like gold dust, so many clubs keep trying the cheap option of trying to convert a right footed left winger to play right wing but it rarely seems to work.

Sakala, Wright and Matondo are all primarily right footed so not suitable for the right wing role.

The last left footed right winger we had was Diallo. Probably the reason Man Utd payed so much for him was he was left footed and looked promising.

Its easy to conclude that the players he mentioned is Kent and Alfie, but i seen Kent train reasonably well in the videos. I seen Kamara smiling and looking happy. I wonder who else he could be referring to? Maybe Tillman or Matondo?

I can only see Bosman and/or loan signings in January unless we sell anyone.

Kamara and Kent, that's who I reckon it's aimed at.

I have reservations about Beale. But one thing I don't think he is is a mug. I think he will be ruthless.

I'm here for it.

Seems to be a fairly commonly held opinion this squad needs aired out.

Here's hoping we signs in January Beale gets it and isn't for tolerating anything less than full commitment.

Quotes in tomorrows Sundays:

Asked if he was prepared to spend in the January transfer window, Beale said: “There’s finance available. I’ll be keen to do it if I don’t the right vibe off one or two in the squad.

“Without mentioning names, I have to get the right vibe off certain players. I have to know they’re still the boy we recruited to come in.

“If they don’t want to be here, I don’t want them. I don’t think the club do either.

"Have I got targets already? One or two, but more positional. The cross-border market has been really important to us with Calvin Bassey and Joe Aribo in the past.”

“In my time at Rangers under Steven we knew we didn’t have £5million or £10m to spend on a player.

“But we knew if the right player was identified then the vision we had for the way we play drove the decision.”
Well said Jim.

My main concern was he was going to hang on to players that are past their best. He's saying all the right things, Davis, Jack, helander, arfield, shagger etc need moved on at the end of the season. No sentiment

We have a massive rebuild on the horizon.

I’ll be absolutely fucking scunnered if we see Davis Arfield Jack in Europe next year again in midfield

We badly need to cut the cord on a lot.
Arfield back are a bit tricky we need them for home growth players unless we sign players that have played in scottish league trained clubs we are stuck.

It why doig, feguson etc were the better prospects in a way.

It's a tough balancing act for the euro squad

I can see a few Aribo, Bassey type signings under Beale and it's the right thing to do.
I wonder if the Brazilian market will open up to us, I'm thinking emerging talents obviously.
Aribo was £2m plus 25k a week roughly. Unless we unload a few we aren't getting an Aribo

Back